1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Expectations and hopes for next season

Discussion in 'Watford' started by aberdeenhornet, Apr 30, 2011.

1. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

now that we know we've achieved our hope for the season and beaten everybodys expecttions what of next season? Personally my expectation has risen to mid table and my hope to playoffs. Off the pitch my expectation is that we get relaid pitch this summer, SE corner and new main stand works next summer. Expect to lose danny g hope that marvin overfills his boots, hope to sign 2 left backs and expect to get a decent loanee from SAF and Arsene.....

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Fair expectations Aberdeen.. I am worried about how we fill graham's boots..... as our goal scoring covered up a leaky defence more than once..

3. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Hope: that we come closer to a playoff spot than we did this season.

Expectation: that we are safe after 45 games (that's not a typo).

4. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

I think it's too soon to say.

By the end of the Summer...depending on who leaves and/if people come in.....we could be looking at another go at the play offs....or just hoping for survival.

Say we were to simply sell Graham, and bring no one else in......simply put I'd settle for survival.

I don't think that will be the case though.....it's not set in stone whether Graham will leave.....if he did we'd probably get in someone else...we'll probably bring in some new players (hopefully some left footers.....)....and maybe loan signings too.

5. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

NNW if we dont sel DG we will be a really bad financial situation! I believe it is a given fact that that was DG`s last game in a yellow shirt at the Vic!
    Hope Troy can cover for the loss( although I was impressed with Troy today)

6. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

We must keep the pipe flowing as well as to provide cash it provides opportunity..

7. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

You must keep hold of Danny Graham if you want to move forward.

8. Norwayhornet

Nope totally wrong mate If we dont sell DG we are in the finacial brown stuff again! we have to trust in being able to replace him (which is Troy and Marvins job!

9. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Yeah well you do well with bringing through new players so you may cope.

10. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Before Sordell had his extremely long break, if i remember rightly he was just 3 goals behind DG. i think between him and Deeney we'll cope, but i'd rather not just 'cope' but be comfortable.

11. yorkshirehornet

Does Deeney have the pace and agility????

12. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Deeney works very hard...but i'm not sure he's quite got the finish...he's becoming a bit of a rock in his new position though, he's improved a lot in the last couple of months imho..

13. Norwayhornet

on the strength of 90 mins today , he will be a good watford player .lots of effort and never stopped running !
    for what its worth he gets my vote!!

14. Bradleysdad

Bradleysdad Member

Obviously we do need to bring in cash but hasn't Bazzini put in 3.5 million to cover the shortfall for the coming period? (That might be the bond payment figure as it goes but I'm sure he has filled this Summer's black hole.)

My point is realistically could they hold fire and see how we start the season and make the decision in January. Forwards going then always tend to be inflated price-wise so it could be worthwhile.

15. yorkshirehornet

If only..... I think DG has a new contract (?)... if so we might have a little more wriggle room.. I agree though.... if we can keep him to January would help us consolidate..... I cant see him in the prem.. so more likely to go to leeds etc.. and he is from oop north....

16. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

I would like to be more confident of our defence.
    Also to be safe from relegation as soon as possible and a better finishing seat than this year.
    If DG stays there will need to be selling from other positions, but where?

17. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Listening to Tommy Mooney yesterday he said that because of the way the player agent system works, Danny will already know who is interested in having him, what they will be prepared to pay the club and how much he would earn.

With any player who is scoring goals there will be interest and that player will be sure to make his intentions known to his existing club. If he wants to be away then the club might as well let him go providing that they can get the price they want.

18. yorkshirehornet

from what he has been saying etc.... looks like he may be off.... all the tweeting etc??

19. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Another season like this wouldn't be bad with progress off the pitch regarding the redevelopment of the Vic etc.

20. Yellow_Greg

Yellow_Greg New Member

My hope would be for us to actually keep the core of the team together for consecutive seasons for the first time in several years. Expectation would be to have a similar position to this season in mid-table.

As for us losing Danny Graham, Assombalonga seemed pretty impressive during the warm up, obviously can't take everything from that but would be nice to think we have another Sordell-esque player coming up.