1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Exhaustive Search For New Manager

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulhaman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

3. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that is fake - as someone points out in the Derby advert the words "This is not a troll appear", which the club are pretty unlikely to put into any advert.

Even so, there probably will be something similar which is genuine going up in a few days. And well deserved, too, when it finally happens. I would be astounded if Kit didn't get it. The only person who could scupper him is Moyes, but I can't honestly see that happening.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

The way things have played out over the past month, it has become almost an impossible job for anyone but Kit. It would be very difficult to come in after Kit (5 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses), unless you either have a very strong profile (e.g. Moyes, Alex Ferguson) or win your first 8 games.

We have to give Kit the job; I'd start with the rest of the year and then revisit at the end of the season.

5. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Yep that's fake, the lad that made it also said "people are still believing it lmao foolham fans are gullible". The real announcement isn't too far away I'm sure.

6. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Imagine the riots if Kit doesn't get the job now. The panel would look incredibly foolish.

I agree with Surly, give him until the end of the season and see where we are then. Although it would be harsh to judge him based on a squad almost entirely assembled following a 'mixed' summer transfer window, if we take a turn for the worst. January never really bears much fruit.

7. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Haha! I must admit I didn't see that. It was always pretty sus but yeah, that's a dead giveaway.

8. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

Did anyone else see the post match interview Kit did with Sky? When asked the inevitable question about the job he claimed not to know anything but the massive grin on his face suggested otherwise. I suspect it's no longer a question of whether he gets the job, but a case of sorting out things like his contract, backroom staff and whether he works with a DoF. I'm hoping we'll get everything done at the same time this time rather than lurching around from appointment to appointment as we did 12 months ago.

9. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

"Symons said: "I haven't checked my phone yet but I am very confident I'll get it. It has to be getting more difficult, with the team winning games, for the five-man panel not to see the obvious thing to do for this football club.

"The chairman is over the week after next. I don't know what to expect, I understand the process but not when a decision will be made or how it will come about.

"Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later."

10. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

As I've said at the beginning of the season since it seemed that the clubs policy was to go with bringing in the younger players, Magath seemed unable to get transfers in with the experience needed for this division, Kit was the obvious choice, and it seemed at the time the 5 man committee was a bit premature in being assembled, and that give him a run till December and then assemble the committee if required.

The problem I have with Kit, is he having a bit of a honeymoon period, in that he is an unknown quantity to other teams managers, and once they study his methods we will become transparent. Kit has brought back the confidence and teamwork that Magath's period in charge had destroyed. Most of the games the team have worked hard but there are still times when the team looks below par in certain departments. If we can consolidate results and climb the table, would Khan give Kit a good budget to work with if he has confidence in his ability.

If we were in the Premier with these same players how many of the present squad would you say are up to Premier standard?

11. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that any other manager could have bettered Kits achievements, one must
    remember whoever inherited Magaths " wise buys" ? would have also had to stick with them till Jan.

12. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that those 'wise buys' include Hoogland, Stafylidis, Bodurov & McCormack who have been key parts of Symons' teams. Magath was disastrous in many ways, but he did bring in some good players too.

13. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

But any other manager in the running is a known quantity too, so share the same problem, surely? Alex Ferguson was at United for 500 years and he did alright*.

I honestly couldn't say, probably not that many, but that's by the by as we're not in the PL and our squad had to be adjusted accordingly. We'd have better players if we were in the PL as a by-product.

He did, but I think most of the damage was the sheer amount of players he shipped out. Some simply shouldn't have gone.

*No, I'm not saying Kit is or will be anything like Fergie.

14. Fulhaman

I saw in the Sundays that not only are people expecting Kit to be given the job but that Ali Mac will be moving on and the Nike dude, (is it Dailey)? will be taking over the CEO job.

If true I think this is a good move. Ali Mac has presided over us for the last 5 years, most of which have been a long slow slide and whilst he cannot be held entirely responsible, he can be for some of the managerial choices, some of the transfer dealings and, presumably, had a say in the required investment (or lack of it) from the Chairman.

On the plus side, I believe he negotiated some very good sponsorship deals and was a steadying influence on the ever more erratic Chairman Mo.

15. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw rumblings of that on Twitter but didn't have a source, so I never bothered posting anything. It's possible he has connections to Huw Jennings (who is the director of the Nike Academy too), and he's a season ticket holder, so he'd be a decent candidate on the face of things.

However I just wonder if a new manager, DoF (if, as rumour says, we are getting one) and CEO is too much change at once?

16. FulhamIreland

OK, I know it doesn't really mean anything and we're all just waiting for Kit to be announced but for some reason Steve Bruce has been backed from 33/1 to 11/4 to become our next manager.

17. Fulhaman

Makes no sense clearly, what with Hull going very well, but personally I think he is a good manager, not for us with Kit around, obviously, but just in general.

18. FulhamIreland

Something must have prompted the sudden change in odds hough. I would have thought the market would be as good as closed at this stage but something has happened to spark this. The bookies don't just dramatically change odds like that for no reason. Hopefully somebody just got very brave with an awful lot of money.

19. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Not being too picky but AM joined in 2008. Although hes not painted himself in glory over the last 18 to 24 months with first team affairs behind the scenes, the business part of the club have been run well, or that is my impression. Hes been hamstrung with the sale of the club which comes down to MAF not investing prior to the sale.

Just my four penneth worth.

20. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I suppose the only validity is that Hull owner is looking to sell out, and Bruce isn't happy with the situation, either that or Bruce's agent is looking for a better contract at Hull.
    Love the comments by some media when told the story, 'Bruce going to FULHAM!!!!!' sums up their mentality about Fulham.