1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Exhaustive Search For New Manager

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulhaman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I presume it's a case of the dreaded auto-correct and he meant Moyes!

2. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

You don't want Hughton, believe me, big big mistake!
    I sat through almost 2 seasons of the worst football Norwich had played for many years under him. To be avoided at all costs!

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

So he is using the auto correct ploy eh, interesting!

He would be good that's for sure, but most likely PL as said above. Kit will be hard to beat, especially for popularity with the fans and players.
    I'm glad I'm not on the panel.

4. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Damn auto correct.

I really hope Kit Synonyms gets the job. Hopefully Shed Khan and the panel make the right choice and keep the fans and players happy. I can't see that happening with Chris Hugging or Steve Cleric.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

5. 2whitestripes

Who's Hugging Cleric, you used to arrested for stuff like that!

The coat is on..............and there is a near silent click as the door softly shuts.................

6. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I said this before, that I think they jumped the gun with the 5 man committee, as if they want to continue playing the youth and then get experienced players either in January or the loan window, then they might as well stay with Kit who has brought the kids through and bring in someone like Murphy with his higher profile to do the PR and look for transfer targets.

7. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Enougn already you lot.

Bloody autocorrect.

8. 2whitestripes

Noted Cravin, Noted

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Whoever we appoint as manager, can we put them on autocorrect? No more players in the wrong positions, no more misjudged tactics: everything put right automatically - sounds good to me!

10. 2whitestripes

Or with the likes of Felix, the Autobahn!

Kit must be at least a 85% certainty now, and if someone else was to come in and not continue our improvement of late, it would nigh on impossible for them, IMO. Kit is setting a high standard to follow just now. His only drawback is we don't know what he can do long term; transfers, maintaining a happy ship (he would have found it difficult to to have raised the spirits after Felix), and dealing with a poor run of form. I'd still opt to see how he will do long term.

11. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Kit with some help will be good for us...

12. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Kit has made some astute team selections with what he has at his disposal, I therefore believe
    that he would be pretty canny when going into the market.
    Our last 2 buys at 20m have not as yet got the fans pulses racing.
    Like others have said Danny M along side him could be a good combination.

13. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has any bearing on who will become manager but, Peter Grant's official title is now "Lead Professional Development Coach/U21 Manager"

14. FulhamIreland

I doubt it really means anything. I think that should probably read 'Lead Professional Development Coach/Caretaker U21 Manager'.

15. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure Kit can go back to U21 manager now. It's clear he wants to step up and if he doesn't start getting that experience now, he'll never get a proper shot. So he'll either be manager, assistant manager or gone, in my opinion.

16. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Late runner - 'arry might be available soon!!!

17. FulhamIreland

Hope he stays in the job, I like what he's doing to QPR.

18. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

If Kit gets it I reckon we'll see a new structure with someone brought in to support on transfers, probably in a director of football position.

I'd say he is nailed on for it - I would understand and support the decision although I'm not wholly convinced, but then options are limited and his departure might lead to our younger talents following. I think magath was an easy act act to follow, like going out with a girl who's last boyfriend was an are, and we won't have the full measure until the end of the season. He deserves the chance.

19. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

The Job has to go to Kit until the end of the season at least I can't see how they cannot especially if we get, say four points out of our two games this week.

All the managers we are being linked to have have been on the manager merry go round with some success at clubs but also sacked by clubs after dismal runs. in Kit we have a new fresh young manager who knows the club, a man who the players seem to respect and want to play for, a man who played for the club and is the fans choice, a man who knows all our promising youngsters and will know there strengths when and if they are ready, a man who took over when we had 1 point and were bottom on the league and has now won 4 of his last 5 games and has us 3rd in the form table (last 5). On top of all this he will probably be happy with a lower salary than all the others mentioned. if Kit takes at least 4 points from Rotherham and Charlton and doesn't get the job the panel are going to look stupid if they give it to some one else and he fails.

20. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

The only issue with appointing him - and this is inevitable - is when he is sacked or leaves for bigger and better things (one of which will happen at some stage in the future, regardless) we lose him to the club for good and all. He couldn't be sacked yet go back to being the U21 manager, so in many ways appointing him weakens our youth structure and we would lose yet another "club man".

I know this isn't a reason for not appointing him, it's just a downside.