1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Exciting new signings by new owners

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I havent seen anything from Broja that tells me he can lead the line in a team chasing silverware.
    Theres a reason teams like Everton and West Ham are the ones coming in for him, and that is because they are his level.
    I know he is only 20 and there is plenty of time for him to improve but he needs game time to do that, and he isnt going to get that with us at this moment in time. I would happily loan him to a PL team for a season or two.

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

My Granny would out score Werner Pulisic and Ziyech, so 50 odd mill for my granny is stupid money. Sterling is a waste of money and time. You can thank me later.

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Not sure what our transfer strategy and it definitely shouldn’t be taking this long. Defenders should’ve been lined up weeks ago so they got a full pre season with us. Not convinced with Ake & Kounde, the only player in the team over 6’ is the keeper.

I think Sterling will do well, at least he’s proven at this level and should get 12+ league goals. Wouldnt bother with Raphinha, let him go to Barca.

A bit worried we’re well short at the minute, need 2 defenders, cover at wing back, a forward and wouldn’t mind a midfielder either to freshen it up a bit.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree with everything you have said.
    Am not mad at all at the Sterling signing, he is a proven PL player at this level and will probably grab a dozen goals and assists.
    What puzzles me is why that transfer has been prioritized when there are more pressing signings to be made.
    Ake? ffs, no.
    Kounde might be a decent signing but we need another. De Ligt would be ideal.
    And Raphinha? I agree with you 100%, tell him to sign or to **** off. Keeping us dangling in case Barca dont get their **** together and make a decent offer is not on and we should have moved on from him 10 days ago.
    Everything is just so slow. We need to enquire about players, gauge their interest, if they are not down to sign, we need to move on to the next person on the list.
    But we seem to be the number 2 option for every prospective signing out there, who will keep us waiting on hold until Barca, Bayern or whoever the **** their preferred option is gets their **** together.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Becoming number 2 option has been happening for the last couple of seasons. We have not had a proper plan for some time and have now got a great manager having to deal with a load of players not suited to his chosen style of play, and no back ups to his first choices, no striker who fits the style and not emough experienced defenders. Why would the likes of Harland and de Ligt want to come here and bust their bollocks instead of joining already properly sorted out and successful teams like City, Bayern Liverpool and barca??
    We need to sort ourselves out, sell the fringe players and rebuild for season 23-24. This next season, top 4 is our best shot with so many crucial players still to emerge or be brought in.

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Looks like the Koulibaly deal is all but done, that was quite quick.
    Went from inquiring to agreeing terms in about 48 hours.

Would still like another CB and a striker.
    My ideal signings now would be De Ligt and Lewandowski.
    Lewnadowski is a maybe, now that Barca are pissing about.
    De Ligt looks unlikely now.
    We will probably end up with Ake.
    Barca have been our ****ing bane this window. They can't sign anyone because they have been grossly mismanaged and have no money, yet they string everyone along and stop everyone else doing business, because they are ****ing inept.

Diego likes this.
  7. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I’m unsure as to why we are looking at Ake. He either wasn’t good enough for us when we had him as a youth or he isn’t good enough for city. Either way we shouldn’t be buying him. How much is he going to cost us, even possible with a buy back clause attached.
    I can’t help but think there’s some stupid business about to be done this window.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Probably right but who else is there?? De Ligt looks unlikely, and Ake might be a better player under Audi than Pep. Worst case is he’s certainly a very good squad player and wont break the Bank. Those Marquee players just want to go elsewhere right now , so we are struggling a bit. Lewandowski would be a brilliant buy if we could pull it off.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

**** knows why they want to go to Barca though, Barca cant even register half of them, or pay them on time, and they aint gonna win **** this season. Real Madrid are the far better team at the moment.
    Thats why Barca are running around scraping the free transfer barrel, and quibbling over a few cents, otherwise they'd have tied up Raphinha and Lewandowski weeks ago.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Where are they getting their money when they have supposedly more debt than my Amex card? Seems they just pull 20 or 30 mill out of mid air and are signing Raphina ( what a sweetheart that bludger is ) and farting around with Lewandowski? No Investigation about that from the authorities? Can’t stand Barca especially their buffoon of a President, such a slimeball!!

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Koulibaly signed which is very good news. Ake apparently off but Kounde back on ??
    No mention of strikers that I can find.
    No sales either.
    Dont see us much stronger so far, and still carrying excess baggage.
    Lewandanski missed, off to Barca. We need to try harder in a difficult market, we are definately not first choice for elite players at the moment.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Koulibaly and Kounde (if he signs), is a much better CB pairing than Rudiger and Christensen, on paper at least, so if that happens I would class that as stronger.
    Also Sterling is better than all of the other forward players we have combined. Havertz can turn it on and is a real talent but is inconsistent.
    Ziyech and Pulisic aren't really working out.

Plus Mount and James will likely have improved with age. I would say its looking good.
    All that said, however, unless we get a number 9, we the best we can hope for is 3rd again, MAYBE second if Nunez doesnt work out at Liverpool and Mane becomes sorely missed.

13. Gareth1808

I think we’re stronger already. Koulibaly should give us the option of playing with a back 4, I don’t think Rudiger did. Sterling is far superior to our current wide players, I think he’s a massive improvement.

It now looks like City will keep Ake which is ideal, couldn’t believe we were even in for him. Our biggest problem will be finding buyers for Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Barkley and the rest of the players we’ve wasted money on.

BobbyD and The Ginger Marks like this.
  14. Chelsea Pensioner

Who would we play in a back 4 at the moment?? Is Dave still with us, Who could play left back??
    Kounde should have been sorted yonks ago, looks like he too is off to Barca. With Dave and Alonso still around defence is still a bit of a dogs breakfast. Sterling looks a step up, but with no striker and not nearly enough goals from midfield, we have still fallen further behind City and Liverpool I think. Still its not done yet so Im sure they are on it.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Im hoping Mason Mount will come into his own this season.
    He is getting better and better with age and from what I have seen from him so far, he has spent the summer getting jacked.
    Am hoping he can step up to the next level and contribute more goals from midfield and become the player we all hope he can be.
    Also Connor Gallagher is back with us this season, he grabbed a handful of goals for Palace on loan last season, so he might be able to contribute too.

16. Gareth1808

Chilwell at LB with Silva Koulibaly James I guess. Still not sold on Kounde but since Bayern are getting De Ligt they’re apparently letting Pavard go for 35M and we should be all over that, especially at that price.

17. Chelsea Pensioner

Mount looked tired end of season, he had been overused in my opinion. He has everything needed to step up this year so all the best to him. With Sterling he should be even better and Gallagher looks an absolute cracker. I hope Jorghino isn’t going to hold gallagher out.

18. Chelsea Pensioner

I think James is a bit wasted in a back 4, he looks made for scoring and getting more involved. Silva wont play game after game either, and Trevoh really adds plenty , so needs games. Pavard / Kounde would be brilliant. We have to sort out Dave and Alonso, Audi can’t possibly plan properly with their futures up in the air.

19. Chelsea Pensioner

Not very impressed by Gilmour, Anjorin, Broja and Vale being dropped from squad. Hope it’s not back to the bad old days!

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

not seen anjorin. Broja looks like hes off.

As good technically as Gilmour is, i don't want another slow midget in central midfield and i think gilmour is another jack wiltshire