1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Everyone has to die.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Been to a funeral today, my aunty who died after a massive stroke.
    Decent enough service I suppose, but full of the usual god bothering, bible bashing ****e & living in the spirit world with Jesus.
    Kind of got me thinking. How would you like to go?
    I hope that I go quickly, hit by a skip truck, shot in the chest or something like that.
    I hope I don't end up with some horrible disease where you linger on & suffer for months.
    Also, how would you like your funeral service conducted?
    I want none of this religious bollocks at mine.
    Straight up the crem, play a couple of rock songs, tell everyone what a **** I was and chuck me in the ****ing fire.

master-simpson likes this.
  2. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I'm living with prostrate cancer Dave, if I can get another 5/10 years so my Ella is at an age to go forward and Lollie is well cared for then I would have done well. I am under no illusions at all, live life and enjoy, you never know when something nasty is going to come along and knock out the mainframe to 3 lives..

**** happens, we live with it..

3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

My workmate died (51 yrs old). We filed into the Crem, a bloke walked thru the side door and said " as you know Jeff wasnt religious but he thanks you for coming". That was it. Took longer to get in and out than the service.

Billy Death likes this.
  4. Billy Death

Sorry for being so insensitive mate.

Sunderlad, haslam and Gil T Azell like this.
  5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

I was at my dad's funerals last Friday he was 88, he got a urine infection started seeing things, but we did not know what he had wrong with him, given antibiotics then took to hospital put on a drip but died hours later, lived in the same house as him for nearly 50 years, so took it bad. My neighbour has prostate cancer and he was at the funeral. My brother may have the same thing, but it is slow growing. This year for me has been a nightmare, I only hope the team improve.

6. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

My former work mate had a chronic debilitating arthritis (43 years old) they gave him a drug to combat it and it destroyed his liver he was dead within 3 months waiting for a transplant, you just never know

I’d like to go in my sleep please and for everybody to get lashed up or high or both and have a party

Billy Death and Gil T Azell like this.
  7. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

It depends really. I think for yourself people like the idea of going quickly but for family it's very different. My uncle was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in his young 30's when his kids were around 2 and 5. It has a terrible prognosis (most people dying within 1-2 years) and he clung on for almost 5 years; his children will remember him as a battler and someone who managed to smile despite the pain - a total legend. In his situation hanging on like that is the most selfless thing someone can do.

As far as funerals go I'm with you Billy. Though my family can just do whatever they want, it's not I'll care.

Billy Death likes this.
  8. Billy Death

My mam has bad arthritis in her hips & elbows.
    They have her on Tramadol & Oxycodone to numb the pain.
    She has to have her liver checked once a month.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Two terms, living by the sword, and going in a way which least effects others, I'd hate for somebody to accidentally kill me and have to live with my death on them, that would be horrible.

Likey way to go? Misadventure of course.

10. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

I’m not sure what the drug was they gave him, it was more than enough to be told the cause I didn’t want to ask

Tbf you’ve made me think back to the service, there was no religious babble just funny anictodes about his life, a bit of music and we left to the wake, I thought I was a really good send off

Billy Death likes this.

11. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

The **** your poor Ma is on for arthritis is ****ing disgraceful. She needs a high CBD, low THC cannabis oil administrated as a suppository so it by passes her liver(bypassing all psychoactive effects in the process). It would transform her world, she'd be pain free and lucid. Laws in this country boil my blood when I see people like your Ma, Joe and his lady, who all can benefit massively. Sorry I always get on to this but he hate to see people having to sacrifice their frame of mind for pain relief. It's such a precious thing to have to sacrifice and it's a decision medical professionals take far to lightly. It doesn't have to be that way. :(

12. Billy Death

Yeah I know. You & I have talked about this before.
    I've discussed this with my GP & he warned me off CBD as it would mean adjustments to some of her other meds.
    I guess he just can't be arsed to do that.

Brian Storm likes this.
  13. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

My dad passed away with Alzheimer's....horrendous like the other diseases mentioned on here. Striped him of his life, mind, body, dignity...I could go on and on. Me I want to go out with heart attack when Sunderland win the Premier League.....the type of heart attack you go down like a bag of hammers. Would love to leave this world humping Miss World but I guess like Sunderland winning the Premier League.....it ain't going to happen.

14. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Stay strong Monty, life sucks.

Norway likes this.
  15. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

everybodys D.C./ reason for death ,shortness of breath

16. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Dont mind how I go as long as I can avoid Alzheimer's, a long lingering illness puts so much pressure on loved ones a quick exit is obviously preferred provided its not due to trauma.
    I've had a good life am reasonably healthy and have a wonderful supportive family so I've no regrets whatsoever.
    However none of us gets a choice in the matter and you have to play the hand that life deals you and make the most of it. Keep positive in mind whatever life chucks at you.

Brian Storm likes this.
  17. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Yip.. Similar lines to how I would like my service.. Might add a recording to say a few goodbyes..

Billy Death likes this.
  18. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

You would already be mega famous as being the oldest person on earth.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  19. Billy Death

Even Mother Theresa didn't hang around that long.

LAMackem and rooch 3 like this.
  20. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Brilliant lol!!!