1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton v Cardiff City, Fug Me O’Riley. If Yer Will!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Nov 23, 2018.

1. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Pretty dull game thus far. The toffee men edging it the last 15. One on target attempt for the toffee men, nothing from us. A single goal can settle this, I hope we score it.

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Didn’t deserve to lose. Didn’t deserve to win.

Defence much better. Final decisions when had breakaways again poor.

Referee was useless.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know Warnock goes on about poor refereeing but today the guy in charge was shocking.

They're wrapped up in not "offending" the established names up here. As an unwanted interloper in this "private club" you practically have to get your leg broken to get even a 50/50 decision go your way.

Can't blame the ref all the time, but today we've taken one on the chin here again. We've lost it because of a poor referee trying to appease the protesting Everton players and a baying crowd - absolultely disgraceful.

5. ninian opinion

Although it possibly wasn’t a penalty, you can bet he’d have given it to the home team.

One day surely City will get a break from a ref in an away game. Yeah and the moons made of cheese

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I’ve no idea how you conlcuded that the ref somehow cost you that game. The penalty shout wasn’t a penalty and that aside what are you referring to?

Your keeper started wasting time in the 14th minute, as I was sat right behind him. Aside from a few hail Mary balls into the box towards the end and one shot that Pickford parried behind, you created next to nothing. You’re a difficult side to break down though, and there’s been worse teams visit us this season.

Decent turn out from your support though, you sold out both tiers which many do at our place <ok>

7. ninian opinion

We didn’t expect anything but a neutral view was that 0-0 would have been a fair result.

It was patent that Everton starting taking their time on throw ins etc when 1 up and someone ought to have a word with that Richarlson for diving and accusing opponents of assaulting him.

A point from today would have been a bonus; it’s our home games we need to win.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm referring to the general approaches of refs that have officiated when we've played accepted top 8 clubs - this game was no different.

Your goal came about immediately after two obvious fouls by your guys that were ignored but would have been given if it was the other way round. Other ref decisions throughout the game that weren't so critical in their outcome were very one sided.

No sour grapes in respect of your club and team, but the refereeing of our games against quality Prem sides has been very poor. Warnock gets blasted for saying it but he's spot on with that.

I'm not saying we should have won it but a point would have been well deserved. In that respect the ref cost us.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Eh? What fouls? there were no fouls in the build up to our goal. As for deserving a point, we had 71% of the ball and 16 efforts on goal. I think if you’d have left with a hard earned point it would have been extremely disappointing from our perspective.

Big fan of your CB pairing btw. Bamba is the most underated CB in the league imo, he’s an absolute beast and kept Richarlison quiet all afternoon. You just lack that bit of PL quality in the final third, add a 15 goal PL striker to that side and you stay up comfortably imo.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

There were a couple of ref decisons (or lack of) just before your goal pal, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you were the better team. We could have easily earned a point with our performance and that was also the case in our games against Spurs and Arsenal - but we lost them all.

If you don't score, you can't win, and that's the story of our early season up here. We're pretty sound at the back and getting there in the middle of the park, but there is a distinct lack of quality up front. Not sure what January will bring - we can only live in hope because we'll struggle with what we have at this level.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

There wasn’t mate, I was there. There was a disputed throw in about level with the edge of our box, but that was about a minute or so before we scored.

You battled for every ball, and never gave us a second, which meant we never really got into our stride, it was very effective, if not pretty. An injection of genuine pace and a striker who could hold up the ball better is what you need imho. Tan needs to back Warnock in Jan, and give you a fighting chance of staying up.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Haven't seen the game yet, only listened to it pal, and that was on CC Player so could have been as biased as the ref.....<laugh>

Tan backing Warnock with some genuine cash is a bit of a worry to be honest. He hasn't got the best track record signing strikers by his own admission but something positive has got to happen. Going with broadly what we've already got will earn us some points this season, but maybe not enough.

Not sure what the answer is but I doubt others clubs down around the bottom half dozen will be standing still - we need other options.

Tobes likes this.
  13. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Lets just with what weve got. Plan long term.

If a bargain comes up fair enough.

It will be fun smashing the jacks next season.

14. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Tobos Is is calling you mate Sparkey, and you are calling him pal, pal! WTF eh? Bamba is not underrated at all Tobos pal, once compared to that Van Dijk blokey! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party><party><party>Bollocks are zzzzzzzzz!

15. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

I was also there and from our(Cardiff fans) point of view sparkey is correct and you>>>>>obviously also bias are fking wrong........wasting time from 14 on, what I fking lie........you lot got him a yellow card by berating the ref(simples no time wasting just football)>>>>>our fans are incredible yours not so fking great>>>>>>>>only sing when you winning comes 2 mind but even then there wasn't so much as a sound of a fanny fart coming from your home sections>

other than that I talked and shock hands with a few of your lot on the way back 2 the coaches that that wished us well for the future and I also came across some gobby twats who turned in men childs when faced with myself and others.

anyway draw would have been a deserved result for us whatever the toffee or English press say..

Cardiff fans top of the league bar far>>>>>>>pity our squad doesnt match our quality tbh

feeling rough today and may fk off back 2 bed...........long trip with drunken valley boys, especially being a pot smoker who doesn't indulge in thy alcohol still a good crack was had and we fight on and live for another day

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

What was I wrong about?

No time wasting from the keeper? he got warned for it after about 20 minutes and then got booked before HT for it.

You had one shot on target mate and 29% possession they’re called facts.

17. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

What about the “fanny farts?” :emoticon-0103-cool:

18. aberdude

they are not facts they are stats>>>>>>>which can paint a different picture but im sure your aware of that being at the game.......your fking moaning load of bores in the stands got the player booked no doubt about that.

anyways you get what you pay for in this league and you got the goal you needed for three points..........that the only stat and fact that counts in the end.

enjoyed singing away in an old stadium with wooden seating and wood boards 2 stand on in fking great little ground

19. aberdude

they couldn't be heard<<<<<<but you could see the hot air shimmering over the flood lit stands............my nose was blocked so I missed out on the smelling treat

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Can't understand this approach.

What's this facination you've got with the Championship? "Plan long term" - FFS, what's that all about?

We're here now and it wouldn't take a king's ransom to stay here or at least give us a sporting chance of another £100M next season.

Statto likes this.