1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Everton October 2012

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Oct 5, 2012.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I'm supposed to say "high flying Everton" somewhere in here aren't I? :)

Well, good luck to the wooden seated ones as they seek to have a decent season and I for one find it hard to wish ill on the club. Except tomorrow, when I would like to see them turn up all complacent and get turned over goodstyle.

Alas, Jordi Gomez's rescinded red card might put a well aimed brolly through the spokes of me bmx and send me with a big hole in my chin, gravel in the palms of my hand and a rip in my low slung chinos into the bottom three by close of play on Saturday.

They've just got too many players on form just now. Jelavic, Baines, Fellaini, Anichebe, Pienaar - How do we stop that lot? Are we maybe going to see us going for something more stacked in the middle of the park? Oh wait - we tried that against the mighty, eh, Fulham - and see where it got us.

SO - the two Jimmy Macs in the centre of the park for a start. Both need to be on song for us to have any chance. If Alacarz is fit Boyce needs to play as the right wing back and Figueroa on the left. That give us the defensive muscle and numbers we'll likely need against the likes of Anichebe and Fellaini. Which also means Kone and di Santo up front, or we might stuggle to make an impact on their defence.

Leaving Bobby to make the crucial decision - Maloney or Gomez. There can only be one. And it must be the Highlander.

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

The thing is about tomorrow's game at the DW we are very quickly becoming cannon fodder for the clubs in the top half of the league but i think we could cause an upset the reason for this is were Everton are now in the league with Chelsea above them and Man U in 3rd they place and Man City 4th and both are doing there best two get to Chelsea and Everton will not want to drop points so the preasure is definatly on them to do well and they could loose there nerve.And with no surprice that lawro as gone for a 2-1 win for Everton its like you say Martinez as to make some very crucial decision`s :emoticon-0112-wonde

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Everton are playing really good football just now. Makes Moyes job a lot easier doesn't it? He can just tell his lot - same again. We're the ones who have to do something different.

And I hear that Alcaraz's return has been put back another week. I just don't think Ramis is adjusted enough yet to deal with an in form team like them just now. Hope I'm wrong.

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Who would have thought we would be disappointed with a point?

Dunno about you From, I thought they gave their all. My only complaint would be that having successfully taken the game to Everton, we shouldn't have tried to protect the lead quite as defensively. I felt like we ended up knackered because we had to work so hard to keep them out - whereas if we had been prepared to more actively seek a third we could've made them do some more work.

When I left the ground yesterday I was pretty low, but it's a point against a good side in form. But that's twice - against Stoke and now these, that we've failed to protect a lead. We need to rethink our tactics when we go in front.

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

The trouble is HP in my view we considering were we are in the league and were they are we gave them probably the best game of the season and like i said in my other post we created a upset by leading 2-1 AND what did we do we gave the leader away by a soft penalty.
    So this is the job while we've got time of for the internationals is how many times have we done this because its bloody annoying and should`not happen with this team we have know and so you are correct we need to think our tactics and when you left the ground pretty low you wasn't the only one. :mad: