1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Euro's final :-England v Italy

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 29, 2021.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rashford was the only one to actually miss the penalty, the rest were saved. Saying that why didn’t Sterling and Grealish get subbed if they weren’t willing to take a penalty?

2. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Yep. All the young attacking talent in the country and Southgate gets the team to play like a bunch of defenders. Apart from scoring his penalty Kane was a passenger.

NostradEmus and 2 pennth like this.
  3. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Southgate has done a decent job, pity he told them how to take penaltys.

ristac likes this.
  4. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

You're being sarcastic, right?

oldschool likes this.
  5. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Excuses Excuses Excuses
    Heard it all before
    Southgate was out managed end of

6. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

No mate, he got england ro the final, I don't really like the way he set us up, especially tonight should have played more pace and flair.
    As I said to bro on the way home, It hurts more losing to uddersfield or millwall.
    I really don't care.

southernwhite, stonkin and ristac like this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree he’s done a cracking job… I hated his team selection on game one but he got us to a final and we only lost on penalties to a team unbeaten in over 30 games, we made them look poor first half, the second half was theirs and I felt we edged it in extra time. Draw was fair, penalties a lottery, everyone will have a differing opinion.

8. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Did we ever trouble their keeper in the whole game?
    2nd half was like watching a lower League team trying to stop a Premier League team from scoring. We just shut up shop and parked the bus.
    Their goal was coming and when it came it was up to Italy to score again as we had absolute no want to attack in that 2nd half it was all counter Attack and truly awful at that.
    Awful to see us lose on pens but the best team won on the night.
    No real hard luck story just Southgate's negative tactics didn't work on the night everyone and their dog knew Italy were going to score in that 2nd half.
    I'm 40 and still waiting England. I doubt we will ever get a better chance than these Euro's.
    Send Kalvin home tonight Southgate you have run the lad ragged he will have rinsed everyone in your team in km's tonight.

Easternwhite and esteponawhite like this.
  9. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Unlucky lads,, **** happens

esteponawhite and Marcos Barber like this.
  10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

11. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

"Disappointing defeat"? Who says so. I fully expected it. Singing songs don't win f*ck all, you couldn't even win the Eurovision sh*t show. <doh>

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    OLOF, esteponawhite and Irishshako like this.
  12. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Oh dear:grin:

OLOF likes this.
  13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

A bit of karma for that cheating sterling.<party>

OLOF likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The media have made Southgate into the new messiah but hes a had a crop of players much better than anyone else. Yes he did some things right but tactically he has been lacking. Last night England were dominating until Italy brought 2 more wingers on and moved Chiesa to the left. We were then battered and Southgate didnt know what to do. They score and we tried to hold on, because he didnt change things. He should have taken Mount off who had done nothing but he left him on. Sterling didnt hardly see the ball all 2nd half except near the death. He brought Henderson in for Rice who along with Phillips was MoM. Kane didnt have a shot because he was playing too deep and even when we retrieved the ball we had no outlet because Kane was back in the middle.

henderson should never be near an England squad again. Sako was out of his depth, Mount was bad and what Southgate has against Grealish who should have replaced Mount or Sancho who should have started …..

I look at player ratings and Kane gets the same 8 as Rice and Phillips and wonder how a CF who has not had the ball except for midfield rates so highly? But Sacko, Henderson and Mount were the lowest rated players

twice he has made substitutions and twice he has taken them off. Last night his stupidity took off a good RB and replaced him with a striker and 3 subs put on to take pens all failed. It was a shambles for much of the 2nd half and a debacle for the penalties.

i salute the players as they all tried and overall it was a great effort, but Southgate is no football guru, just a very lucky lad to have some great players around. If I was Grealish or Sancho, or Rashford I would retire from International duty whilst Southgate is in post

OLOF, Whitejock and stonkin like this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We all see it differently mate. For me Philips should have made way not Rice, I thought Rice was head and shoulders above Philips yesterday. I’d not have started Grealish, agreed Mount was the poorest England player on the pitch in the end but we didn’t lose.

There is so much negativity on social media I’m staying off it today, no sensible debates because everyone on there is either upset or hurting or just hate England so they want an argument.

Chiellini should have been on a booking for for how many times he fouled an England player, the guy who did get a booking nearly strangling our bloke, the stamp on Jacks knee was a red all day long, the Italians were shall we say very unsporting.

I wouldn’t have picked Sterling on day one yet his goals were vital, I’d have dropped Kane after three games yet he hit some form, hindsight is great. I hated Southgate before the tournament, he’s done okay though.

Time to move on for me and get ready for a new PL season and a big thank you to Kalvin for reigniting my interest in the national team.

16. walt emsley

walt emsley New Member

Morning all. Thanks Ell but I was W C Dukenfield I had some work done on my computer when I got it back I was locked out and all trace of WCD was obliterated. Getting back in was very difficult.

17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

God job I'd had a few scoops to ease the watch because after a first minute goal we where abysmal no drive,no cohesion sitting back and defending most of the game did donarumma actually have a decent save to make we should have gone for the jugular, mount,Kane, sterling where in our half most of the match....all this hype about sancho and I don't remember him touching the ball till his missed pen, Henderson shouldn't be near Liverpool's team never mind national a workhorse nothing else, sorry boys but I really thought we where poor.....roll on new season

Doc likes this.
  18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes looking forward to the new season, I thought Italy were a shambles in the first half, never looked like scoring, they were a different team second half but just how I saw it.

Glad KP never took and missed a penalty, I want him back focussed after a rest now

19. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Came on in the 120th.
    Liverpool>England

20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

He needs a rest. He must have played more minutes than any other England player in this tournament. And he’s still got murderball to come, poor bastard.

OLOF and ristac like this.