1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Super League

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Apr 18, 2021.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This <ok>

gooner4ever likes this.
  2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Im not for the league in anyway but.. I will say people are underestimating the rold of the pandemic. Another 2-3 Seasons like this and Clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham will die. The lack of revenue in this time is threatening the long term future.

3. Bergkamp10

Bergkamp10 Active Member

I do not like it in anyway or form, its not even the best 6 teams in the premier league at the moment, its the 6 richest it cannot be right in anyway. A break away I could accept as long as there is promotion and relegation. Real Madrid president has said they have to do it to raise revenue as they are in trouble.. Well then they should stop buying their league and cups with chequebook football. You overspend and you get into trouble, cut back like any other team has to.. They have fuked up and the rest of football is supposed to pay for it.. Very unhappy, been a supporter for 49 years, but i don't think Arsenal gives as **** about me or anyone else. Its all about profile in the world, selling shirts and sponsorship. They wouldn't care if if they lose loads of English fans, it is appalling.
    I would almost support a Wimbledon style new club start up as they did when their team became the MK Dons.
    Its not my clubs fault its the bloody owners is the only thing that makes me hang in there..

4. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

It’s the owners who want a American version of NFL - where there are no promotions or relegations but each team is supposed to be equal is there are wage caps and “picks” for players, and it does seem to somewhat work, as the worst team gets the best picks next year or can trade them.

clear financial controls was what FFP was meant to bring in, and it has failed miserably and the likes of City/Chelsea/PSG spent untold money on building squads without any fear of penalties - UEFA are toothless and the lawyers won.
    UEFA can try banning players but will lose in court - so Uefa you want to stop Rashford from playing against RM in the SL but he can play against RM in the CL!!!

RM/Barca/Juve have massively overspent and are near ruined financially so no wonder they have pushed for this.
    of course Kronke at Arsenal wants this - it’s guaranteed income for next 23 years without risk to losing any of it.
    It’s not the clubs I blame but the owners and uefa for being useless, if they had come down hard on FFP like Wenger wanted then there would still be a level playing field

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Arsenal now apparently ditching this ****ed up idea <ok>