1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European super league ..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Apr 18, 2021.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Problem with your 3rd line down is...Big corporate companies such as Amazon, Apple along with major streaming platforms will be over it like a rash, paying billions...American style.....

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Then the Government or respective governing bodies can ban any televising of the games
    I know it's an idea that would never hold water as there is too much money involved.
    But that's been the case since English football sold it's soul to ITV Digital (that ended well <laugh>) and Sky all those years ago. The game we once loved and idolised was ruined forever since then when the cheating and in some cases incompetent foreigners arrived

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  3. oneforthebristolcity

I agree, it's all out of control, but IMO there is no way that the government or anyone else would be able to ban the coverage....wouldn't be able to make it illegal, plus like you say, the revenue would outweigh any sentimental value of the sport.
    Whether it's possible I'm not sure...but IMO..capping players fees etc, might be the only way to go.....the outgoings from these clubs will show where the damage is done.......

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Boot them out of the Premier league, FIFA , UEFA and national sports bodies must disqualify them and deny any future membership, none of their players allowed to represent their counties at a national level, local government given the right to increase local ground taxation rights because those clubs don't represent local communities.

You can't ban them but whack them where it hurts, in the pockets

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Will the FA actually grow some balls and expel them from the league? I wonder.........

If it was Grimsby, or Oldham, or US they would.

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

If you truly want to destroy the integrity of football then let the Americans in to do the dirty work. Sport in North America, including Canada, is run by the idiots to the south and if you have ever noticed they love adding the title of World Champions to their various league winners despite the fact they don't actually invite other countries to participate. The Little League World Series of junior baseball has 2 competing groups one of which has only team from various U.S. states and the other has all the international participants, This means there has to be an American team in the final and regrettably they even run the Special Olympics on a similar basis and then harp on about the U.S. medal count.

Keep Americans out of anything to do with your sports leagues because before you know it you will lose total control and while I'm on the subject I would apply the same restrictive mandates on any funny money from overseas investors from China and the South Asian sectors. Prejudiced - yes. True - yes!

7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I don’t know how this is going to end. The FA are complicit as it all began with setting up the PL , this was kind of inevitable from then on.
    A complete reset is needed, but unlikely to happen as there are too many vested interests.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

According to Sky Chelsea and Man City have pulled out of joining.

Also now being reported that Ed Woodward has resigned from ManU.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

On the evening Chelsea & Man City have pulled out of the European Super League, Bristol Rovers have demonstrated their solidarity by pulling out of League One.

10. oneforthebristolcity

They think it's all over...it is now!!....All English clubs withdrawn from the European Super League proposal......Fans pressure has prevailed....

11. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Score one for public opinion on this ludicrous proposition. Heads have rolled and I hope some more fall off the slippery slope.

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Yet if that new bill was put through no one would of been able to protest this.

AshtonRed likes this.
  13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

You are correct, but what an incredible 'irony', I mean right wing thug football fans protesting peacefully, not attacking the police setting **** on fire, taking a **** on police officers, who'd have thunk it?

Edit:- The keyword is 'irony'.

14. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Those clubs are now set to lose a lot of money. They actually signed a contract and are breaking it.
    I read somewhere that Barcelona could actually fold over this debacle.

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Serve them right. They and Real Madrid were in the most debt to start with.
    I expect they'll ask the EU for a bailout ! <laugh>

16. RedorDead

Bollocks, most of the kill the bill protestors done it peacefully. A lot of the main protestors where probably in bed by the time the trouble started.
    The key words you are looking for is “straws clutching at”
    Can you honestly say if the clubs didn’t back down last night it would of remained peaceful?

17. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Bollocks to you as well. You should try getting facts correct, according to the CCTV video released earlier this week, the trouble started between 8pm and 8.15pm, the first released CCTV clips start at 8.13pm, protestors in bed by that time my arse?. If I am clutching at straws WTF are you doing FFS.
    As for the last sentence I leave the mystic Meg stuff to other people.

18. RedorDead

Why are you so angry all the time? You like to argue with people don’t you?
    I think grass is green what do you think?

19. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

You are as angry as I am and boy you like to argue as much as anyone. When somebody starts a reply with BOLLOCKS and then follows it up with unfactual comments, it sort of makes me want to answer that anger with anger of my own, why not take ownership of your mistakes and look at yourself before giving it out.

Is that the grass you smoke?

20. RedorDead

Not angry at all, think you’re so angry that you’re clutching again.