1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Not so Super League

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Kalman, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

2. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

They already complain about the fixture pile up, how do they fit it in

3. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

He’s bang on

over18and legal likes this.
  4. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

The top six who want the Super League also want to reduce the amount of teams in the Premier League from 20 to something like 16 or even lower.

When I say the top six, I mean their scummy owners.

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  5. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Well down Gary, top man.
    That was straight from the heart.

frankbanksneck and Edelman like this.
  6. Kevin Francis

Kevin Francis Well-Known Member

Sky can **** off anarl. They’d be the first to bid for the rights on a super league. Let em all **** off, the game would be much better for it.

HHH, Kempton, Evington and 1 other person like this.
  7. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

What a load of bollocks! Super League!<laugh>
    An absolute stupid idea, I doubt fans will be happy with this. More stupid money from an outside source that has no idea about the game, they just see dollar signs everywhere, thinking it’s like printing money.
    I doubt any of the teams will ultimately do it, I think the teams like Real & Paris will jump at the chance, the US owned English teams, will like the idea, but I really don’t see the fans backing this at all. Most are already pissed off at the money they have to pay to see their teams play, but they like away days in London, Newcastle & the South Coast, the European games are a good break, but continuously going to Madrid, Paris & Barca, will get boring very quickly, not to mention the prices will rise. The fans will also see fear that failure of this venture could be catastrophic for their clubs.
    The backers, obviously think the TV gold mine will keep on giving, it won’t when the fans don’t want to watch a closed shop, they’ll soon be bored playing Madrid etc all the time & not winning most of the time. They can accept the “big 6”, but enjoy their wins against the minnows.
    I also think if it did go ahead, there’d be other teams wanting a piece of it, causing another league, then bringing in relegation, then you’d have big teams getting relegated. They’d be ****ting themselves at the prospect.

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  8. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

It's once again another ploy by owners of football clubs to chase the money by appealing to fans who've never set foot in the ground of the team they claim to support. Same ****e as Allam appealing to Far Eastern markets with the 'Hull Tigers' bollocks. No self-respecting fan born and raised in Liverpool or Manchester would support this.

Lots of the owners of the top six are now Americans who want to franchise the clubs like the NFL.

9. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Deduct the big six 20 points each. Leicester and West Ham battle for the title and the Gooners and Scousers in a relegation battle <party>

10. x

x Well-Known Member

"As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams."

good.

this reminds me of when eufa (in all its stupid but similar greed - or possibly as an apeasement/sop to avoid a previously mooted breakaway league) decided to replace the european cup with the (spit, vomit) champions league, which meant lots of non-champion teams (newcastle utd) got to join the gravy train, but the competition then had to include group games which inevitably meant an empty stadium and bored sky viewership as newcastle competed with fc backofbeyond to avoid finishing last in their group.

TwoWrights and Jembo like this.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

12. x

x Well-Known Member

go into the garden. find a nice looking plant with nice flowers. cut off the roots. take away the leaves. stick the nicest flower somewhere safe. come back in a month.

wonder why flower is dead.

Oregon Tiger and Kevin Francis like this.
  13. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

So let me get this right. Overpaid players and overpaid agents get paid even more. Well as long as they still kiss the badge.... I grieve for the old time professionals I looked up to who struggle to make ends meet. They played in front of massive crowds of working class folk who paid coins to get through the turnstiles not £50 a match. Chris Chiltons family worrying how they can find the cash so he can have care. This man deserved a good happy retirement not the diving , cheating ref baiting snowflakes who play for the “big” six who can affords to retire after half a seasons money.Let hell freeze over before this happens.

14. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I mentioned it before but the Super League won't even be ready until 2024 so the 'top six' will be playing summer friendlies for three years before kicking a ball in a competitive game.

Glazers, Levy, FSG, Mubarak, Kroenke and Abramovich are all soft ****s who haven't thought this through. I hope UEFA, FIFA, FA etc., as flawed as they all are, stick to their guns on this one.

15. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

What a wonderful opportunity for English football to gain a modicum of intregrity and self-respect by allowing all these billionaire toy clubs and their plastic supporters to toddle off and join their bukkake league.

I fear though the money grabbing ****s who have taken over our game will not have the cojones to tell them to **** off sine die, despite the overwhelming proportion of real fans who would back it.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

You seriously expect these six clubs not to be playing in the Premier league next season?

17. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

If they announce their intention to join a Super League, they shouldn't be.

TryfanTyger likes this.
  18. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Regardless of what’s announced, there’s **** all chance they’ll be kicked out the Premier League, until it actually starts.

20. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Which would be a shame. Letting them stay in the Premier League until their Investment Bankers' League is ready sends a piss-poor message.

If the PL had any bollocks, it would be massive points deductions this season, fines and disqualification starting next season if they officially announce intention to join the Super League.