1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread European Championships Thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornet-Fez, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

2. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

Markthehorn likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

4. Bolton's Boots

I thought BoJo had called for a recount of the penalty shoot-out...

5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Toby and Bolton's Boots like this.
  6. Bolton's Boots

7. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I have no problem with financing and resourcing the police properly if they could deal with this and other petty crimes effectively. If you deal with the small stuff, it minimises the amount of larger crime as people realise they will not get away with it. In the longer term, with less crime, police numbers could be reduced and some cost saved.

8. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

One day a political party will produce a manifesto which includes a policy to REDUCE the number of police on our streets and in our lives. Not because we've become an anarchy *, but because we have , through associated policies, become a more civilised nation, which will follow from better education, better investment in helping people, and better governance.
    Simple example. Speeding motorists kill and seriously injure more people than drivers who obey the speed limits. ( Data can be found anywhere) If everyone obeyed the speed limits, by CHOICE, we would have a calmer safer and quieter and pleasant society with much less time energy, effort and (our) money etc taken up with policing the roads.
    Suppose we all adopted a better approach to our society, neighbours, community , because we were governed in a way that encouraged that attitude, having first BEEN educated to see the benefits.

Alternatively, we can carry on as now. For the results - look at America.

* Although, since the correct defintion of anarchy is ...
    'the organization of society on the basis of voluntary cooperation, without political institutions or hierarchical government'
    there is a lot to be said for aspiring to that ideal !

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A very good post JT. Although I would like to think we are moving towards a better society, everything I see makes me believe the opposite is happening. A lot of petty crime that Scully talks about is due to the have nots trying to take from those who do have. A MP that has five homes, yet claims over a £100,000 for second home expenses from the taxpayer, then votes to cut £20 a week from some of the poorest is not doing anything to level up the way that people live. A footballer for heavens sake, who is supposed to have his brains in his boots shames the elected leaders into providing food for school kids. A PM who spends £4,000 a month on takeaways, but doesn't see how others are expected to live, and complains that he is not paid enough is totally out of touch. I am afraid that any real attempt to govern for all was lost when Thatcher said that "there is no such thing as society". Countries, often in Scandanavia, seem to have higher taxes, but a much higher degree of satisfaction with the way that the money is used to assist the less well off. Put the people in the country first, and those who want to cream off a bit of profit second, then things might start to improve, but I am afraid it is a awful long way back.

10. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately many people think that anarchists are people who throw bombs Bodbo - but the truth is very different - an anarchist dreams of living in a community which can regulate itself.

11. Bolton's Boots

Hats off to the Italian team...<applause>
    Screenshot_20210719-065553.png

Chris 13, HHTFC1, Markthehorn and 2 others like this.
  12. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

I think England already stated that they would be doing this as well as all of their 'appearance fees' etc

Markthehorn likes this.