1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Europe

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Watch them **** us too.

rooch 3 likes this.
  2. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think a lot would and across a lot of the country where this is the case. Logic doesn't often prevail, but someone should have spelled the whole thing out clearly so they could make a more informed decision.

Taking away the EU just shows what an incompetent, badly run country the UK is.

rooch 3 and Brian Storm like this.
  3. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

How about we see what the ****ing plan is? There isn't one, and the Tories are a laughing stock.

Brian Storm likes this.
  4. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

We've got a **** team leading Brexit, I totally agree with you on that. They are weak as piss.

If we don't honour our financial commitments, and we aren't obliged too. That would hit the European Union hard. There's the first thing we should threaten them with. Remind them if they want to put high tariffs on everything, we can shop elsewhere for our products. For an example, motor vehicles. That would leave thousands if not hundreds of thousands, EU citizens out of work. Remind them who controls the fishing waters and how we have the monolopy on that.

The pound has begun to rise again and the BOE has just announced that interest rates are set to rise for the first time in 10 years. That's not the signs of a country going to the wall.

I'm annoyed that people have the impression that I voted for Brexit because I am a racist or I didn't know what I was voting for. That could be turned on its head and I could say people who voted to remain were frightened into the vote by all the doomsday mongering about what would happen if we left the EU.

For what it's worth, nobody is going to get what they want. We'll leave the EU in name only which will piss off the remainers but we'll still be tied to them with a watered down deal which is going to piss off the Brexit voters.

5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

this to a tee

6. Brian Storm

Don't think anybody is accusing you of being like this lad.

But lets not pretend this level of intellegence and this sort of mindset isn't ten a penny. There's at least 20 in my street. Society is mortifying.

There should never have been a referendum, at least one government over the last 30 years should have spotted the emerging problems being part of the EU was creating and that we could have prepared and left by now of our own governments' volition with the public safe and secure in the knowledge all the required investment, preparation and infrastructure were in place so the support was there to never to need a referendum.

Nobody will really win out of this imo, going to be just another page in history where politicians have ****ed the people.

7. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

just think of the cars that would stop coming in built abroad and the knock on effect of suppliers and jobs
    .....Spain
    seat
    innocenti
    .....Italy
    ferrari
    De tomaso
    lamborgini
    Fiat
    Alfa
    .....Germany
    bmw
    Audi
    Vw
    Mercedes
    ......Poland
    Dacia
    Scania

not to mention the white goods and motorbikes and scooters, they would not be able to take the hit

8. Brian Storm

It's not that simple though surely? Especially with the Germans and especially with the Japs. The Crank shaft of the BMW Mini crosses the channel three times before being fitted and rolling off the factor floor in Britain. Loss of the single market, trade tariffs, 1000s of British jobs under threat. It's too intertwined to be that simple. It's messy complected and uncomfortable for both sides.

Declaring was with every European country on manufacturing when they're intertwined with our own is a mental negotiating stance imo. A trade deal is utterly essential for our own car manufacturing industry. Especially as the EU-Japan trade deal is going to go through before we leave(This is the biggie). That would make the Tarffis imposed from a hard Brexit would have a devastating effect on our Car manufacturing. Sunderland Nissan being one of the most risk, Our car industry has bloody lot of jobs at risk with our german and Japanese car plants, and it's our supply chain to them who are going bust with it.

We're talking massive job losses and an industry on it's knees expected to keep up with the demands of British cars for British people. While the EU have the single market and nice shiny new trade agreement which will steal our car industry for themselves when the plants pack up and relocate to tariff dodge.

It's a proper delicate situation.

9. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Its not a secret mate but many dont look into it. The progression of the EEC and others becoming the EU has happened over time and no one objected. Britain has been trying yo be paeg of it since 1961 and only didn't progress because of the french.

Dont really want to give a history lesson but it wasn't exactly done in secret. It took from 1993 to 2017 to realise we want out.

We already established that likes of juncker are in fact democratically elected and the Catalonia situation shows countries can do their own thing despite the EU. Just as WD did with schengen etc

By the way I am no remainder/remoaner and didn't vote to remain. I just can't believe some of the bullshit being spread

10. thefanwithnoname

Both BMW and ford have warned of tariffs from 2.7% - 10% on cars put together in the uk and they see the EU market as much more important than the UK

Many of the heads of industry have said they would stick with the 37 members as that is where their future lies. Merkel herself has said EU before UK car manufacturers

11. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Your bound to get multinationals companies coming out with scare stories like this while the negotiations are going on. They all have their own self-interests to protect.

But all this press speculation is pissing me off.

Our economies are so interlinked, that impacts on the markets could be disastrous for some or detrimental to everyone, and no one in Europe wants that, especially in a period of time when the european economies are shrinking relative to the world economy. Ultimately it's in everyone's interests to get a deal done that minimises disruption to the major economies of Europe.

All this hot air speculation **** in the press needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Ps, I was a remainer, but I want out now and sooner the better.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Well it's windy as **** here so at least my washing has dried.

13. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

My view in bold - :emoticon-0148-yes:

thefanwithnoname likes this.
  14. Deleted #

There's thousands of divs like him, but I would argue that when voting day comes the vast majority of them don't bother their arses to get to the ballot box. That idiot wouldn't know how to cast his vote.

Absolutely agree with the rest of everything you said. We have to work with what's happened though, the referendum was called and although it's not legally binding the government has no choice (imo) but to go with the will of the people and that is to leave the EU. I just wish we had a different government/negotiating team that has prepared and carried out us leaving that union.

Brian Storm likes this.
  15. Deleted #

We should have been giving a vote on whether we wanted to join the EU rather than be snuck in through the back door. People of an older generation that I have spoken to have all said they voted for us to be trading with Europe and for cooperation with other European countries. Which is very sensible imo. What they also said is if they knew that it was going to turn out the way it has, they would never have voted for it.

Why would anybody want somebody outside of this country to decide our laws?
    Thankfully Nigel Farage came along and alerted everybody to the problem and when he done that the country woke up and voted out.

The 'Catalonia thing', do you mean the Spanish police wading in and using violence against its own citizens? They shouldn't be able to do their 'own thing' when the EU articles state that member states will be immediately suspended for turning violent against its own citizens. However, it suits the EU to turn a blind eye to what's happening there as it won't be helpful to them.

Didn't really want to reply with a history lesson, but there you go.

16. thefanwithnoname

The only problem with this history lesson is that its factually incorrect and that was my point in the beginning

Decisions are being made on falsehoods. And with respect anyone being thankful for Farage needs to have a word. The guy is a lying ****

17. Deleted #

It's all about opinions <ok>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  18. thefanwithnoname

I agree but the opinions have to he fact based mate, not made up.

Anyway my reason for posting wasn't to piss anyone being off, it was to try and show the facts/reality.

I still don't believe brexit will happen and the ones who are supposed to he taking it forward are incompetent as are the alternatives. Basically the country is ****ed.

19. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

This is now on to UKIP who have many dangerous followers and imho think NF is full of good intentions but followed by too many extremist NF (National Front) activists. But think this good thread has run its course for me.<ok>

20. Deleted #

You have just took the thread down a completely unnecessary road.