1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Europa League Final

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, May 23, 2017.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

He stopped taking a wage after he got injured according to reports.

I think we'll retain him if he agrees to stay but will want to see who arrives before committing.

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Realistically he'll be out until around October / Nov I reckon. I'd like to see him finish his career in the PL tbh.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Well, we have won two tin pots against really poor opposition according to some (Scousers and Spuds most vocal), what they seem to for get is that with the League Cup not only were they in it, a lot of teams better than them were in it like Chelsea and City.
    With the EL they also forget that great teams like Spurs were in it (Liverpool weren't good enough to qualify for it), I guess we were just lucky that no decent team competed in either of those competitions (this season) :emoticon-0100-smile

Christiansmith likes this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

All you can do in a competition is to win it. The Europa has been one difficult comp to win for English teams over the years. The sheer number of matches, the long distances and on Thursdays...meaning the tiredness would eventually catch up in the league. To have gone so far in the league is an indication of the strength of the squad.

Let's see whether any of the prospective Europa contenders next season make headway in both. I would predict that the RS ( ;)) Arsenal and Everton will play much weaker sides in the Europa so that they can win their following premiership matches.

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Just read an article where Mourinho spoke of Herrera's decision to abandon his post and send Mkhitaryan into the box in the EL final (that lead to the 2nd goal), apparently he was fuming with Herrera but realised later that AH did it because Mkhitaryan was on a yellow card and had Ajax counter attacked, and if HM committed a foul, he could have been sent off.

I think Ander Herrera is my favourite player from the current squad, a real team player and very clever, we have to keep this lad, he'll only get better and better.

Diego and glazerfodder like this.