1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

EU Referendum - how will you vote?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Apr 1, 2016.

?

How will you vote in the EU Referendum

Poll closed Apr 8, 2016.
  1. Remain

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Leave

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I wish I could see things in black and white, it would be lovely. I would also love to believe that climate change is a hoax, that would be super.:emoticon-0115-inlov

2. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Wasn't Richard Branson a prominent remain voice? I suppose he doesn't create any wealth.

I voted leave, but an old man talking ****, is still an old man talking ****.

3. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Prominent Remain... Has his headquarters in Switzerland to avoid paying EU Tax and lives most of the time in a tax-free haven in the British Virgin Islands. Hardly say he's a model individual to promote "Remain" in the EU.

4. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Beardy is a very very rich man..... yet his only Company that makes a taxable profit is Virgin Atlantic..... You are an Accountant Don.... so how does that work then?

5. DonCorleone

Agree, but my point is that the idea that all remainers = leeches and all leavers = wealth creators is a bad one. A large proportion of leave voters are people that receive welfare in some capacity, which would make them a leech, surely?

6. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Geoffrey Bloom's Tweet in full:

"The reality is that Leavers create wealth
    Remainers in the main consume it
    When push comes to shove, Remainers are of no value to society"

<laugh><laugh><cheers><cheers>

7. deleted.....

There are no such people as remainers any more.... they fought and lost.... when will Fallon read the papers... they lost
    If anybody wishes to remain in the EU they need to persuade the Republic of Ireland to give them a passport.

8. ForestHillBilly

Typical post-truth BS.

9. DonCorleone

Tax planning is at the core of Virgin activities. For example - Virgin care borrows money from a holding company so they can win nhs contracts - repayment of that loan is only tax deductible once they turn a profit. Surprise surprise, virgin care didn't make a profit in their most recent accounts after "administrative expenses" in excess of 20 million, alas they pay no tax. They were recently awarded a 700 million contract for adult social care, which included a clause that would see virgin invest any 'financial surplus' back into the service aka they won't make a profit. Loopholes and accounting tricks make it very easy for a company to avoid paying tax, but not to worry the conservatives promised to close these loopholes and crack down on tax avoidance. Between virgin care and it's ultimate parent company, there are 13 holding company's, the majority of which are off shore. This complicated structure means they are unlikely to pay any tax in the foreseeable future. Tax contributions that everyone makes, including those who provide NHS services are vital to keep the NHS going. unfortunately the people in charge want the NHS to fall to its knees so privatisation (which the tories denied was/is happening <whistle>) looks like a good idea. Privatisation has never been a good idea. Better service, Lower prices due to competition and
    Raising money for the state through taxable profits are some of the reasons for previous privatisation of services. Unfortunately for the consumer, none of them appear to actually happen.

10. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Most likely.

I didn't vote on immigration or welfare; certainly didn't believe either "project fear" from the Better In campaign or the bullshit that "Leave.EU" spouted. That whole £350mil a week was crock of **** and so was that economic doooom. That was also a crock of ****.

Other than this forum, rarely discuss Brexit, just get on with things. It's happened, 48% and the EU should accept it, get on with their lives and worry about the **** that'll kill them. Not the stuff that hardly matters.

11. ForestHillBilly

As one of the 48%, I do accept it, am getting on with it, but the Brexiteers keep coming on this forum to celebrate Brexit. I don't know what it is they're celebrating, but they seem jolly pleased. Maybe they think Brexit is the reason the economy is doing so well?

12. deleted.....

Very interesting paper by Slater & Gordon here which shows why the UK should re-forge and strengthen it's links with the Commonwealth Countries (we are currently restricted from doing this because all trade deals have to be negotiated by the EU) and we should offer the EU a trade deal on the same terms as say??... Argentina ! Why should the EU take the lead in any trade deal? Let the UK propose it and if the EU are not happy then Germany's massive trade surplus with the UK will stop!! Will the Germans then be so happy that the EU has appointed a Frenchman as its chief negotiator?
    http://www.australiaunwrapped.com/2016/05/11/european-union-vs-commonwealth-comparative-study/

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  13. ForestHillBilly

The Germans make bloody good cars though.

14. deleted.....

Are these the same Germans who cheat emissions tests?

15. ForestHillBilly

Yep, the VW's. I used to have one, never let me down. Now my old BMW diesel estate would go forever, but my petrol-head in-laws keep nagging me to get a newer car.

16. deleted.....

You do realise that.... as a diesel driver ...... you are killing our grandchildren ?

17. ForestHillBilly

That's another reason I'll be replacing it for smaller petrol car before the MOT in April. Times change.

18. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

As someone whose knowledge of cars is how to drive & where the fuel goes, when I purchased my first diesel car I was advised I was being kinder to the environment than petrol, now I'm some sort of devil, killing the future generations & finishing off the older ones sooner than expected. Was I duped or has science changed its mind ?

19. ForestHillBilly

Diesel's still better for CO2 emissions,but they've found particles in diesel exhaust fumes to be carcinogenic. When you get to my age you travel free on public transport.<double>, and can have a good drink.

20. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

At least I'm saving the planet then, even if i'll be poisoning everyone as I drive around.

ForestHillBilly likes this.