1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Esteban Cambiasso - Foxes Legend .... and fan for life.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, Nov 20, 2017.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

• please log in to view this image

• Cambiasso Makes King Power Stadium Return
        Foxes favourite Esteban Cambiasso was a guest at King Power Stadium on Saturday and LCFC TV caught up with the former City midfielder...

• During his one-year spell with City, Cambiasso was a key figure in run of seven victories from their final nine league games, a sequence of results which is still referred to as the greatest of great escapes.

• Memorable moments from his Leicester career include a brilliant goal during a 5-3 success over Manchester United in September 2015 and another effort in a 2-1 victory against West Ham the following April.
        I love the city, I love the Club. I feel really, really happy to come back. The truth is that nothing surprises me when it comes to these supporters.

• Esteban Cambiasso

• A firm favourite among City supporters, the 37-year-old was reintroduced to the Blue Army at half-time during City’s 2-0 defeat by Manchester City on Saturday by Club Ambassador Alan ‘The Birch’ Birchenall.

• “It was amazing, it was a very good feeling for me because I know the supporters love me and I love them too,” the former Argentina international told LCFC TV in the tunnel.

please log in to view this image

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Certainly a class act and it is warming to think his spell here is among his favorite periods of a great career. Seems he is being held as the reason for the greatest escape and someone to hold on to as a tangible for an event that was amazing. The back three in that run wont be held in such high esteem but should be equally celebrated.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

For anyone who hasnt read Jamie Vardy’s book

Surprisingly Cambiasso was highly unpopular within the team. Vardy said he undermined Wes Morgan as the captain and he kept calling team meetings and lecturing the players. Vardy said no one paid any attention and their attitude was who the **** does he think he is

Vardy said he had a number of run ins with Cambiasso

He also blamed Cambiasso for the poor run of form after the Man U game saying we was playing systems that didnt work just to get Cambiasso in the team and if he was so influential that year why didnt he win players player of the season and that no one was bothered he didnt come back

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Is what I heard about him as well - on the pitch he was inspiring, off it he was a bit of a dick.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Proud - very interesting - obviously you don't have to like each other to be able to play well together - there are many examples.

Vardy was often played wide during that run - as we know - and Drinky couldn't get a game for love nor money ... but Cambiasso certainly did play his part in the great escape.

6. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

A player with 20 league titles to his name. It's possible he found it frustrating not playing with players of the same ability that he had at Real and Inter. It may just have been that he was trying to be encouraging, impart some of his years of winning experience and it put a few noses out, or whatever. However he allegedly got on with his team mates and was off the pitch, he was bloody magic on it and that was the bit I was interested in.

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Vardy did say he was seeing things that other players couldnt and then moaning at them for not making the runs

8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I’d be amazed if he was anything than completely professional and expected nothing but 100% professionalism from those around him. It’s like the boss of a company - those who can be a bit of a dick tend to get the best results