1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League ESPL - Manchester United (A)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, May 7, 2019.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Back to the Championship it is then. The Footballing Gods have pissed all over City's unlikely dream of a miracle escape & Brighton have limped their way to safety. Following our final game of the season @ Old Trafford, it will be back to the meat and grind of the 2nd tier. I've strangely enjoyed this season even if it has been tough.... perhaps having no expectations of achieving anything is the best way!

19-05-06.JPG

And a final summary of the season for the ESPL!

DIV I
    • After stretching his lead to 10 points on the weekend, it is confirmed that @danablu is the 18/19 ESPL Fist Division Champion! <cracker> <cracker> A blistering last quarter to the season ensures that his debut top flight season ends in the ultimate success and much reward for the 7 seasons of Playoff heartbreak that came before it! <laugh>
    • @ninian opinion is in pole position to claim the final Top 4 berth (and Capaldi Cup qualification) by the slimmest of margins, as he leads the Blue Sheep only on CR's! Can either myself or @ccfcremotesupport spoil his party?
    • Defending Champion @william5551 has returned with a roaring fightback to add plenty of heat to the relegation scrap. 5 points from the past 2 games have seen him rise to within a point of @bluescull but will he gain enough points to overall him? Remember that Scull will pick up a point for a Full House of Predictions, which means that William will probably need at least 3 points from the final day!
    • @FrankfurterBlue kept his dream of the great escape alive with a CR on the weekend but will almost certainly needs a CS on the final day to avoid a straight return to the 2nd tier
    DIV II
    • A big 2 points for @irishbluebird against the Palarse means that he is favorite for a quick return to Div I. All he has to do is match the result of those below him; a CS would seal the 2nd tier title.
    • @Masky continues to do his best impression of the mighty Leeds and wobble at the least opportune moment of season. Despite this, his high CS tally & Full House BP means that he is still favorite to just about keep @mustyfrog, and his humongous haul of 25 CR's, at bay.
    • @Oldsparkey can overhaul @taffthefish for the final Playoff berth but that would require a CS (and perhaps predicting a defeat! <laugh>)
    As mentioned previously, its going to be quick turnaround for Playoff predictions! <ok>

And lastly thanks for predicting! Have a nice summer!

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

4-2 Manchester United, Murphy with a goal! :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

MUFC 2 - 0 CCFC <ok>

4. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Manure 4-0 City

Cheers

5. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Man Utd 3 Cardiff City 1 Reid to score.

Thank you Mr Sheep, and thank you also for allowing me to take part in such a well organised and fun prediction league. Your efforts are appreciated by all I'm sure.

Blue Sheep and blueturk the cat like this.
  6. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

united 3 city 0 thanks blue sheep see you next year god willing.

Blue Sheep likes this.
  7. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

MUFC 3 CCFC 1
    Morrison please Mr Blue Sheep and thank you for your efforts again this season

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Manure are on the rocks with OGS out of this depth.

United 0 City 3

Morro

Cheers Sheep

9. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

3 1 to Man U. Morrison with the consolation. Watch me shoot up that league!!!!

clingo likes this.
  10. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

3-0 home win

11. Rumney Bluebird

Rumney Bluebird Active Member

Man Utd 2 Cardiff 0

Cheers

12. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Man Utd 2-0 Bluebirds please.
    And a big shout to Mr Blue Sheep for all his efforts running the ESPL. <applause> <applause>

Blue Sheep and DaiJones like this.
  13. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Norhing on it. Utd Can't make the champions league, we're down.
    2-2, Reid.

14. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

have to go something different to the 2 lads above me so

Man Utd 3 v 0 Cardiff

15. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Hmm, nothing to gain, nothing to lose. Bluebirds 1-2 away win. Camarasa to say goodbye with one.

16. mustyfrog

I just read Camarasa is on loan from Real Betis, big wages or is he worth a bid to buy??

17. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

His ambition is to stay in the premier league, definitely premier league quality for mid-premier league club, not top 4. He may be persuaded to stay, if the money talked.

18. mustyfrog

just hope you dont do what we did and sell everyone in a garage sale

19. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be honest, there's a few that can go musty, but this is more about who we bring in. Midfield needs a whole new look with some quality additions otherwise Ralls will be playing on his own.

DaiJones likes this.
  20. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Don't think Camarasa or Arter will be playing due to injury.

Like others I can't see us getting anything although all reportedly unwell in the Mancs squad with 25% player wage reductions as no CL next season plus Pogba throwing Edward from the perambulator as he wants away.

Journo rumours that OGS could be sacked if they lose to us. Now that would be real irony.

Nevertheless, 3.0 to them although nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing us getting a draw or even a win there. Unfortunately our lack of fire power makes that unlikely unless Ken turns his season on its head.

BT is on a bike trip around north east England with his Hell's Grannies mates. He is going to the game so if anyone wants a programme either put a comment on here or PM him. He Is a generous sort so I'm sure he will pay for you.

Finally, many thanks Sheepy for all the work you do on here. There may not be many of us predicting but we all enjoy getting involved and have some great banter. Could be Masky's final prediction before he and his bollocks get exported to Spain.<party><party><party><wah>

Masky and Blue Sheep like this.