1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ENJOY !

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Oct 2, 2022.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

....in case you got caught in the traffic ***.
    https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...lingham/12709649/gillingham-1-0-sutton-united

*** i am reliably informed that the traffic chaos WILL repeat itself EVERY weekend up to Christmas - and therefore will be carnage and absolute misery for the next few games ......Apparently. the alternative ( via M20 - going past the Moon is not a lot of fun and will add nearly an hour to the journey )

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Decent goal that mate, especially to finish it off as well, I suppose the question is why is he not starting?

3. alwaysright

To be honest, McDonald hasn't seemed fit enough to start games - and I'm not sure if he'd be put on earlier, yesterday - if Green hadn't been injured - but - in the 45 (+5) that McDonald did play, he showed that he was ready for it..... and, as you can see, it wasn't all about being brought on to defend.

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I've watched the goal back several times and it's something of a beauty, not just because it's our first goal in a while, but his whole awareness and movement leading up to it - I counted at least five Sutton players, that failed to stop it in the build up. Seems to me there is a solution there to our goal drought, but I'm no tactician on how to apply that strategically.

alwaysright likes this.
  5. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Bugger....can't view as I live in an supported location......

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

I thought you watched the games on ifollow ? - what else have you got to do in a beautiful part of France ??
    I'll describe it for you -- McDonald 'drove' down the middle of the pitch (( towards the Rainham End )) - and, just on the edge of the penalty area, there were 5 Sutton players in close proximity - and they attempted to stop the run -- but, McDonald released the ball to Kashkett ( to his left .).. As Kashkett received the ball, he 'cut inside' and had an angled, powerful shot - towards the 'near' post. The Sutton keeper was well positioned, and 'saved' the shot - but could only parry it out towards the middle of the penalty area... In the meantime, McDonald carried on his run - and was in the right place to 'meet' the ball -- and placed a header to the right of the keeper. (( not the 'open' side of the goal. )) - but everything happened so quickly - and the ball was in the back of the net before the keeper blinked...... cue pandemonium.

WINDYROG and brb like this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Perfect description.

8. brb

brb CR250

I did look on twitter for you, but the guy that normally does the videos clips didn't record it yesterday.

9. brb

brb CR250

10. brb

brb CR250

JPT was last night, we don't score often, but when we do, no one is there to see it lol.

Brilliant free-kick...

Now we just need to replicate this in the league.

alwaysright likes this.

11. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. The commentator was certainly a tad excited!

brb likes this.