1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England Women's

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by frankbanksneck, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

i did i skimmed it too busy watching the hame

2. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

i was expecting a lot more missed chances but there's some good finishing on show

3. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Bit of a rout.

Edelman likes this.
  4. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

you were saying?

Mckechnie Orange likes this.
  5. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I'm going 8

6. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

Good to see a mauling, don't like the little GOAL! signs they wave about though.

7. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

i expected vulvazelas

spesupersydera likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

At the game at Old Trafford last week, it was very evident that the crowd was much younger and more female than a typical football crowd, and there was a lot more of this sort of thing. Crowd counting down from 10 to kickoff, Mexican waves, everyone shining their phone lights and so on. The only real chanting was your very generic 'England Clap Clap repeat'. But despite all that, it was one of the best atmospheres I've seen in ages, simply because there was so much noise and so much of it was positive. The usual cynical moaning at every little error that you get at most games was noticably absent. Every time we neared the goal there were screams of excitement. Whilst I'm not saying I want Mexican waves or 'goal' signs at City, I do think there's something we could learn from these positive, excitable crowds at the England ladies games.

9. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit like an Ed Sheeran concert?

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Great performance, anyone who watched that game and criticises the standard is at it. Some of the passing was top quality.

11. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Might be a bit of sexism mate .
    My daughter played girls football for years and some of the girls where better than a lit of the lads

12. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Sexist <whistle>

Chillo likes this.
  13. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I flicked the TV on & saw it was 3-0 after 20 odd minutes, then turned it over to what I was watching, thought I’ll probably watch the second half, saw it was 6-0 at half time, wasn’t expecting another 6, so wasn’t really interested, saw the 7th, then wandered off, came back & it’s finished 8-0.
    I was happy with the final score as I took England -7 at half time at 13/8. I initially thought of taking England at -2/3 but I thought Norway were a decent team.
    I thought they handled the offside very well, it could be Norway were just **** at it, but that’s something I don’t know about.

Criticism, I saw the goals in the highlights, the penalty, people rant on about how the women get smacked in the face, but carry on, whilst the men dive & fall down like they’re shot after the slightest touch, obviously this girl’s been taking lessons then, because can’t say that anymore.
    Ian Wright mentioned the 7th goal, & the defender didn’t even get off the ground, but the England player barely did either, so not really sure about that.
    During an interview with someone who is England‘s top scorer, it was mentioned, she was one goal behind….Wayne Rooney! Really? Why are they comparing? Perhaps they should find a non league player who has almost scored as many goals as Alan Shearer & ask them if they think they’ll beat his total!

Exiled in Cambridge likes this.
  14. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Apart from all that it was a good game to watch England played really well.

I'm amazed at how far the women's game has come and the standard of football is really watchable now.

Well done England.

Kempton, AlRawdah and Edelman like this.
  15. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

My youngest granddaughter is 7 next week. Already training twice a week with a girls football team although, at the moment she is too young to actually play in a game. She absolutely loves it. There were over 20 girls of her age training last Saturday morning on a public playing field in Hull and not a boy or boys team in sight.
    Already ordered her City's new kit and she will be with me at the Leicester game. Grandson not interested. I was also at the National Football Museum last Wednesday in Manchester, and as I posted last week, two of the three floors of the museum are devoted to womens football. I know the England ladies team were playing at Old Trafford last week too but females outnumbered males in the museum by about 50 to 1. I seriously believe the womens game will be massive especially if England win the Euro's. The men's game will get a boost on the back of it obviously but I can see other sports, especially one played around these parts getting shoved aside altogether media wise, the BBC have already monopolised the coverage and like it or not lads it ain't going to go away.

16. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

i was going to say i expected to hear more noises coming from their vulvazelas.

in all seriousness it kept me entertained. some of the quality was good, still some rubbish moments but remember city in the late 90's? what did get me was the std of the commentary. it was as if the two lasses were unwilling to criticise the officials. re that dive and there were two instances of accidental clipping of the norwegians back heels and the first time england got the free kick!!! the pundits wrighty and alex rightly criticised the ref and var. but as for the commentators it was like watching russian state tv. she did hold her hands up with the beckham/simeone style kick but only after 3 replays. but they seemed unwilling to criticise their fellow sisters. if you know what i mean?
    i was entertained and even turned over to watch the after game summary but then got side tracked with the conjuring instead so dont know whjat was said.

i did like wrighty's man of the...woman of the match slip.

rovertiger likes this.
  17. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Hemp and Twine would make a good front two.

Exiled in Cambridge and Chillo like this.
  18. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

They would tie defenders in knots if we could rope them in.

19. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It was a great endorsement for football. Norway are twice European Champions and got absolutely pummelled. I enjoyed it, a top performance by the Lionesses.

Real ale tiger and Kempton like this.
  20. Muzz

Muzz Well-Known Member

I think that's the direction womens football should be going. It should be aiming to capture people who don't/won't go to a mens game because of the vibe that goes with it. The powers that be seem to be trying to get the traditional fanbase to get involved, but we of all people know how entrenched we are as a collective.