1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England vs India - Champions Trophy FINAL

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by #42, Jun 23, 2013.

#42 Active Member

CHAMPIONS TROPHY FINAL, ENGLAND V INDIA
    please log in to view this image

Venue: Edgbaston
    Date: Sunday, 23 June
    Start: 10:30 BST

England Squad: A Cook (capt), J Anderson, J Bairstow, I Bell, R Bopara, T Bresnan, S Broad, J Buttler (wkt), S Finn, E Morgan, J Root, G Swann, J Tredwell, I Trott, C Woakes.

India Squad: M Dhoni (capt & wkt) R Ashwin, S Dhawan, R Jadeja, K Karthik (wkt), V Kohli, B Kumar, A Mishra, I Pathan, S Raina, I Sharma, R Sharma, M Vijay, R Vinay Kumar, U Yadav.

Injury doubts: G Swann

Umpires: K Dharmasena (Sri) & R Tucker (Aus)
    TV umpire: B Oxenford (Aus)

England have never won a 50 over World Cup or ICC Trophy. They have lost three in World Cup finals (1979, 1987, 1992) and one ICC Trophy final (2004). They are looking to break this 38-year duck and win their second ICC global event. India, who have two 50-over World Cup and one 20-over World Cup wins, are looking to win their first ICC Trophy outright having shared the trophy in 2002 with Sri Lanka.

#42 Active Member

I think the toss will be very important for England. We could really do with bowling first and then I will be much more confident.

#42 Active Member

Bopara bowling brilliantly

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I think Bell got very unlucky with that stumping. I think it was a poor call.

We are in for finish now.

5. andy2402

andy2402 Member

the 3rd umpire is Bruce Oxenford he is Australian and with the ashes coming up could be a reason

6. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Paranoid?

What a call to go to Sharma

India back in the box seat

7. andy2402

andy2402 Member

england cricket team are rubbish ashes you can forget that we are going to get beat in a white wash

8. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Birmingham = mini Delhi.

#42 Active Member

We imploded at the end. With 20 to win off 16 with Morgan and Bopara there we should have won. Bell wasn't out, can't believe that was given. But I don't think that effected us too much as he generally scores slowly and looked out of form. I think England need to get some balls at times. Cook is such a negative captain. I would have never opened with Cook and Bell. But once they did open they needed to set a better tone for the innings. Bell needs to get dropped now even if he was unlucky with the stumping. His career strike rate is way too low with Cook being the other opener. I want Pietersen to come in and bat 3 in future now he's back from injury with Trott moving up to open.

10. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd guess it'll be the other way round.

#42 Active Member

We beat Australia in the group stages. We only lost the final by 5 runs. Test cricket is completely different anyway, troll.

12. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

I thought I would wait over night before saying something about that match because it was awful to watch us really throw away the game like that. But we only just lost the final despite not really playing that well all tournament! Jimmy, Trott, Tredwell and Bopara were excellent all tourney. Cook, Bell, Morgan, Broad and Bressy never really showed how good they are and Buttler had a good series with the gloves but couldn't deliver with the bat. :( I honestly think had Bell been given benefit of the doubt we would have won.

Roll on the Ashes.

13. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

We really need to drop Morgan and get Pietersen back but sadly I think he did just enough getting those 33 runs that he'll keep his place.