1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England Squad

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by ProudPotter, Aug 28, 2016.

1. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

So Sam has picked his first England squad and still no call-up for Shawcross. Maybe not too surprising since he was injured during the latter part of last season and is struggling to find his best form. However, as Sam was at Everton on Saturday running the rule over Everton and Stoke I thought Shawcross may have had a chance to be included in the squad. Add to that the fact that he had a reasonable game and maybe he would have been selected...but no, it was not to be which I can understand. However he HAS selected Jagielka for some reason....that I cannot understand!!

2. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Well PP,I think that Ryan SHOULD have been in the squad say 3 years ago.

Now, he is injury prone and liable to give away a penalty every game, pains me to say, he is not international standard. Neither is Phil Jag, but thats beside the point

As for the squad, don't really care, as I'm a Scotsman

3. ProudPotter

ProudPotter Well-Known Member

I think he could be Nicky but, I agree, maybe his chance has gone. I was just hoping he would be given some recognition by Sam. To think that he has selected 34yr old Jagielka as a central defender and, it appears, tried to encourage 35yr old Terry out of international retirement does not appeal to me. I'm surprised he has not selected Defoe in his squad not to mention 35yr old Peter Crouch!!!

Taffvalerowdy and nickyb like this.
  4. nickyb

nickyb Well-Known Member

Many a true word spoken in jest PP, surprised at the exclusion of Defoe though. Allardyce should know a thing about CB's, trouble is there is a distinct lack of decent CB's available these days.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.