1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England for World No. 1 – Don’t Make Me Laugh

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by QuarterMoonII, Jun 8, 2011.

1. GasheadinChelt

Tresco, I don't object to people having a different view to me. I just felt you had gone over board and were being less "jingoistic" and more "abusive". I stated that I didn't agree with Quartermoon - my earlier posts on this thread prove that. Where's the arrogance in that! If anything you're less accepting of another's viewpoint as you seem to be determined to try either to force Quartermoon off or belittle him at every opportunity. That's not engaging in a sports debate. Anybody can be abusive, I just wish you could be better than that. I actually believe you can be, regardless of your viewpoint.

What cannot be argued with is that we've absolutely played them off the park in every department and it's been superb cricket by England!

2. rockape

rockape Member

IPL has made this indian side just plain lazy. Turn up bowl 4 overs that me payday .... thump the ball around... get the left leg out the way instead of working for it.
    IPL is kind of x factor cricket, fame with out the work

3. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Unfortunately, this Cricket forum appears to be un-moderated. This particular thread has included unwarranted abusive entries from a couple of Scousers and a West Country yokel that have been allowed to stand despite being reported; therefore, there does not seem to be any point in contributing any further sporting discourse, so I shall stick to those forums that I know are properly moderated.

4. Tresco is a Legend

Tresco is a Legend New Member

Abuse? What a loser! Good riddance English hating half baked moon. We have just done your beloved India again in the T20 International.You just cannot take it can you?
    You and your ilk will not be missed. Ta ta.

5. RayBerks

RayBerks Member

Well going back to the original thread!

Correct me if I am wrong but the last time I saw England being top of the world at cricket was in the Summer of 1973 when we lost to the West Indies! I saw us lose to the West Indies in the late 70's and 80's that was when we had the likes of Botham, Gower, etc! Then saw us taken to pieces by Australia in the 90's!

Seeing us get back makes me sing "Top of the World and I am having a laugh!" Going to enjoy it because it has been a very long time for me!