1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Englad team (for anyone who cares)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Klopp's Mannschaft, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere

Strikers: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young

Hodgson once more making some poor decisions here. No Dawson who's not conceded a goal so far this season, but the barely played/unplayed Jones and Smalling get called up. Milner is a bit part player now for City but gets called up ahead of Henderson who's actually played well so far. Sterling makes the team despite not playing and only looking good in the U21 game. Defoe can't even get a game but gets called up. Young barely played but gets insta called up instead of, say, Lennon or Agbonlahor. Never mind Johnson being awful and getting called up.

Team picked on past merit not on form. Typical.

2. Ezio Auditore

Ezio Auditore Member

Pisses me off. Hodgson is not building for the future at all. Those who were picked that are young will not make the game probably.

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

4. moreinjuredthanowen

fixed with LFC highlighted ;)

5. moreinjuredthanowen

now...

I agree that Dawson's form for the past 6months of last year and this year merits a call.... I also agree that whatever about jones smalling should make no squad right now.

Milner is a reserve... but so is raheem why is he again in the england squad... and being fair... why is a guy on a criminal charge going to England duty...

I also agree totally that Agbonlahor merits a call up to play left side of a 4-3-3

6. Klopp's Mannschaft

What about Henderson? In my opinion, he's massively under rated by other fans and the England setup. Not a starter, but certainly on form deserves a call up ahead of Milner at least.

7. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

And Soutgates first squad

Gareth Southgate has selected his first England U21 squad since being appointed as head coach.

England's qualifying campaign for Euro 2013 gets under way on September 5 against Moldova at Reading's Madejski Stadium with a trip to face Finland four days later

Southgate has picked a 25-man squad for the two games and has included two new faces with Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse and Tottenham defender Ezekiel Fryers both called up for the first time.

One notable absentee is Everton midfielder Ross Barkley, who has been included in Roy Hodgson's senior squad, but there is a return for Manchester United's Nick Powell, who has not featured for the U21s since November 2012.

Southgate is looking forward to working with England's youngsters and believes the experince Barkley will gain from his time with the full England set-up will be invaluable.

"We're fortunate that we've got a really exciting crop of talent in that age group," he said. "It was a terrific performance last month (the 6-0 win against Scotland) and that's why I haven't made any changes to the squad.

"Part of the development of this squad is for them to get a taste of the seniors - I think that's brilliant for them, not just the matches but training.

"I can remember training as a young player with the likes of Tony Adams and Steve Bould and learning as much from training with them as I did with some of the coaching.

"That's a brilliant experience - and I'm sure he'll enjoy it."

Goalkeepers: Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City), George Long (Sheffield United).

Defenders: Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon), Ezekiel Fryers (Tottenham Hotspur), Todd Kane (Blackburn Rovers, loan from Chelsea), Michael Keane (Manchester United), Jack Robinson (Blackpool, loan from Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), John Stones (Everton), Tom Thorpe (Manchester United), Andre Wisdom (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Tom Carroll (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Will Hughes (Derby County), Nick Powell (Manchester United), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Wide: Sammy Ameobi (Newcastle United), Jesse Lingaard (Manchester United), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), Wilfried Zaha (Manchester United).

Forwards: Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Connor Wickham (Sunderland).

8. moreinjuredthanowen

fixed

9. moreinjuredthanowen

ha ha... sorry just messing. seems to me we are lacking young talent coming through ;)

10. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Its a tough job managing England but for me some England managers make it even tougher for themselves by picking rank bad players. Smalling <laugh>

11. moreinjuredthanowen

eh.... i would have said allen was in prime position in preseason so he played well v stoke and not so well v villa.... just cos he's in doesn;t mean he's doing enough yet.

I think he could play a few blinders and make hodgson look foolish but hodgson's gotta pick his favorites too... he's got barkley, sterling and townsend in so he's gotta pick some old uns too.

12. Klopp's Mannschaft

I was under the impression that Roy was given the job to herald a new era of English football using a new generation. Granted he's got to keep in a few older ones like Gerrard and Lampard and Euro2012 was always going to be a wash given how long he'd been in the job, but the build up to Rio2014 has just seen more of the same older crop and not enough younger guys.

We'll flunk Rio and claim to be working towards Euro2016. Except by then, the old guard will be too old and the new ones not experienced enough <ok>

When's his knighthood due for services to national football?

13. Excellent OP <applause>

14. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

If Sturridge gets injured again I'm switching to Scotland.

15. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Thats alright mito <ok> (Highlighting our players)

I think we have plenty of young talent coming through though :)