1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ENG-ER-LAND

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 18, 2018.

1. lifecheshirewhite

By rambling on about hating teams playing in red,when the team you support played in red <doh> seems a foolish thing to do to me.But maybe you just don't remember too well.<laugh> And England,I'm just enjoying being there,and laughing at the very bitter jocks green with envy.<whistle>

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Oh dear.

35414774_1856994771261260_5930446110232412160_n.jpg

3. lifecheshirewhite

:emoticon-0113-sleep is that as opposed to drunken jocks beating there women up year round.Only one Country in Britain has to have special alcohol laws because the can't handle there beer.

4. Whitejock

First of all, I'm not rambling. There have been many on here who have advocated the hatred of all things scum - especially the colour red. Personally, I rather like red.

Bitter Jocks? Not us. I've got 23 teams to support & can enjoy the football for football's sake. But I will repeat that I don't like cheating, and I did see the team in red cheat often tonight. Your bias might have shut it out, but watch it again. Biggest culprit was Young. He was even worse than Sterling usually is. Think the red jersey confused him & thought the ref had already been bought & paid for. :)

5. Whitejock

Not sure what makes you think we have a reputation for that.

Think you also have to look into the reasoning behind the law's implementation & wording - basically because of this ....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-23433466

And yes, it's taken that long to implement because of the EU. Took that long to come up with the approach & wording that meant the EU couldn't touch it. Sadly.

england are planning to follow suit, but cannot for the time being. I'll say no more about it other than #brexit

I personally disapprove. It makes me angry, in fact. Alcoholics buy booze no matter the price. So kids will get hungrier, more pensioners will get mugged, more dangerous fluids & substances will be consumed because of it - with fatalities, sadly. Stupidity of the highest order. I've said it before & I'll say it 'til my dying day - the only people to profit from prohibition are gangsters.

OLOF and Jammy 07 like this.
  6. lifecheshirewhite

:emoticon-0132-envy: no you're not bitter <laugh> we had 2 clear pens not refered to VAR only your tunnel jock vision saw the bitter cheating :D

Farsleyexile likes this.
  7. Whitejock

I'm on hols, so only seen the last 30 mins. Can't comment on pens.

Nothing to do with tunnel vision. The Macedonians around me were incensed by it. They're most certainly not biased. I think you'r everything you're trying to accuse me of - biased with tunnel vision. If I get to see these pen decisions, I'll give an honest opinion. But if you review tha last 30 mins, you will most certainly see Young cheating. In the old days of england playing like gentlemen, he's have been hooked.

8. lifecheshirewhite

Supporting 23 teams,that's not bitter then <laugh> maybe you should call yourself glory hunter 2

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  9. lifecheshirewhite

How was he cheating in your bitter world ?

10. Whitejock

I make no bones of not wanting england to win, but that's not the hub of the matter. If they hadn't qualified, I'd have supported 24 teams. I have no preference as to who wins. I just want to see quality football.

I've actually missed most of the games with travelling, eating out etc. What I will comment on is the Mexico v Scotland game, which I'm guessing most of you won't have seen. They tore us to ribbons. Yes, we're rubbish. Yes, it was all kids getting try-outs (think we had 19 caps between them in the team). But that Mexico team were breathtaking. The forward movement was up there with the best I've seen - on & off the ball. I missed their game the other day - did they freeze, or manage the same high standards? If they play the way they did against Scotland, then they'll be my dark horse tip to win the tournament.

11. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

The most interesting aspect of tonight's game was the referee's interpretation of penalty box contact including holding, shirt pulling and general professionalism when it comes the the art of defending.

What we witnessed was exactly the same incidents with the same outcomes that have been occurring for decades. The VAR sitting in their comfortable a/c room away from the heat and thousands of midges should hang their heads in shame as they passed up on the opportunity to rid the game of the kind of defending which has blighted the game we love every bit as much as the contrived diving of attacking players.

Incidentally VAR cannot overturn a referee's decision on penalties incidents, they only can advise he takes another look on the pitch side monitor.

2 pennth and Whitejock like this.
  12. Whitejock

D'you know what - I can't remember specifically. I just remember shouting & gesticulating a lot. If was mostly fouling, pulling jerseys - that sort of thing. Not diving or getting anyone sent off. Add the fact that it was soooo unnecessary. You'll prolly tear me apart for being so honest, but I'm not going to lie to you. And I've even taken the scum-bias into consideration before raising my concerns, before you present that as the reason for my observation. It had foundation. Ask someone who has no interest either way to review it.

13. lifecheshirewhite

Suggest you watch the whole game,90% of any shirt pulling was done by Tunisia,including the 2 WWF throws to the floor on Kane.

14. Whitejock

I've not seen a great deal of the matches, but would concur with you. The refs seem to have less authority in this WC that all before. Much as I hated him, Blatter usually had a couple of 'hammer-points' every tourney, whether it was diving, feigning injury, pulling shirts, kicking the ball away etc. Nowt this time around & everyone is taking advantage of the weak & inconsistent refereeing. Some of the persistent fouling has been ridiculous. Hardly a showpiece.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  15. Whitejock

I honestly didn't see that - not in the last 30 mins anyway. Must have happened earlier.

16. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Spot on WJ.

England spent over 1 minute celebrating their goal and then made a substitution before the restart.

Time added on by the referee... zero seconds.

Of course on this occasion it suited me and my team but it really annoys me seeing the tactics employed by mercenary professional footballers/managers being rewarded by incompetent referees.

2 pennth and Whitejock like this.
  17. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

The ref was a joke to be honest, and Kane should have had two blatant penalties, can't see the point of VAR if they're just sitting there scratching their knackers when that kind of wrestling is going on, I thought Tunisias pen was a bit dubious too

Farsleyexile and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  18. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

There must be 62% Scots, Irish and Welsh living in Engerland then:emoticon-0105-wink:

19. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

In Australia jocks is underpants. With or without skid marks.

20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I thought they were criminals like the rest of you

lifecheshirewhite likes this.