1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

End of the season

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Masanari, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

So it is the end of the 2011 season, end of the free to air coverage. What have been people's favourite moments of this season? Mine are the epic Canadian GP and Button's amazing win. Another is the thrilling battle between the three best drivers of the season (Vettel, Button and Alonso) at Monaco until the red flag and restart ruined it. There has been great ontrack battles and overtakes and the Pirelli tyres have been a truely great addition to F1.

2. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Canadian GP has to be the most memorable moment, despite the farcical delays.

The pile up at Monaco with the front three picking their way through the carnage was great as well.

3. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

To me, it's been a rather dull season. It's had its moments of excitement such as Canada and Monaco, but the championship was about as exciting as a lettuce sandwich.

After the excitement of 2010, this one was quite a let down for me.

I'm really not a fan of DRS and I have been scratching my head at some of the stewarding, which seemed much improved last season. Though I'll likely have withdrawal in a few weeks, I'm not too sad to see the back of this one.

4. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

In the first half of the season even though Vettel was winning all the races the races were still very exciting so it did not matter as much. The problem is that in the second half of the season the races have not been as exciting. I agree about DRS and the stewards as well, the annoying thing is that it would seem that there are simple solutions: get rid of DRS and have the same stewards for every race who release explantions for their decisions.

5. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Alonso's start in Spain still gives me goosebumps

6. SgtBhaji

I'd be happy with that!

7. TheModestMatt

TheModestMatt Member

Overall its been a poor season, last season we had 5 drivers that could win the championship with 2 races to go and 4 in the final race. McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes need to UP their game.

8. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

There have been some very good races, but the result was usually fairly predictable.

9. true_blue

true_blue Member

Sorry, but dreadful season. RBR were so far ahead of the rest they made it uncompetitive. Normally, you can at least expect a race between the two drivers of that team but Webber was clearly compromised. All viewers of F1 have suffered for the sake of Vettel's vanity.

10. SgtBhaji

Last time I checked, it's a competition and RBR with Vettel did exactly what they were supposed to do and literally trounced the competition. If the team is skewed towards Vettel (which would make sense) then the tactic paid off.

The fault lies with the likes of McLaren and Ferrari for simply not being good enough to take the fight to Red Bull.

11. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

That sums up how I feel about 2011 too but I'll add Lewis's win in China as a highlight for me.

12. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Highlight of the season for me is still buttons pit stop gaffe in china.

13. McFerrari

McFerrari Member

Many memorable moments. What seemed like three races in one at the Chinese GP this year. The wonderful three way fight between Lewis, Fernando and Mark at the Nurburgring this year. Vettel the pro hanging on beautifully from the excellent Alonso and Button behind him at Monaco until luck came his way and the race was stopped. But the best moment can only be THAT drive by Button at the Canadian Grand Prix. In all the years I've watched f1 I have never seen a driver so in a different zone as he was. He seemed utterly possessed and the way he won was as much devastating as it was thrilling. Chilling. Up there with the finest Grand Prix performances of all time. I couldn't have been happier that it was provided by Button. This year more than any before he shut up his critics once and for all.