1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

End of season awards

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, May 1, 2018.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have vastly different memories of that time - I remember Mahrez being bang average at best and being understudy to the vastly superior Knockeart.

I would expect Mahrez, Vardy and every other player to be ahead of Gray seeing as they were older and had more experience playing - again Gray is 21 and at the beginning of his career.

I would rather us develop talent then just buy ready made players - is what the likes of Leeds, QPR, Sunderland and Stoke have done and look what has happened to them.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Agreed - but I think people’s point is that Puel gave him a place in the starting line up to lose and he didn’t kick on like he should have.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Mahrez has always looked better then Knockaert. Knockaert slowed the play down too much and just tried to use his skill while even back then Mahrez was splitting defences for Nugent and Vardy

Gray is a lazy player after self glory. Not a team player at all and I would much rather Diabate

Barwellfox and HarboroughFox like this.
  4. Proud Fox

Watch that and tell me is was bang average

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Just telling you what I remember - was 5 odd years ago but I remember us having a lightweight LW who used for fall over more often then not and a RW who was scoring scorpion kicks.

Either way I didn't discount Mahrez after 1 season like you are discounting Gray but looks like am in the minority here.

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Wow what a great 4 minutes.

Here is a 5 minutes youtube clip of Gray with crappy music over the top from this season which surely proves he is better by a minute at least...

7. Proud Fox

Gray is piss poor. He cries and bitches that he doesnt start enough and when he does he is lazy and lacklustre

We turned down a £25M bid for him last summer. I would snap anyones hand off for that now. Gray will never be a shadow of the player Mahrez is

8. Proud Fox

Lloyd Dyer wasnt that bad

Gray has had 2 1/2 years here now and has nothing to show for it other then hype

Mahrez looked class the day we signed him

nzfoxfan likes this.
  9. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Why are we comparing Gray with Mahrez? Totally different players. Mahrez has a skill set that would get him into Barcelona or Man City and who would not look out of place alongside Messi, Xavi, Iniesta or David Silva. Gray came here as a straight forward winger with bags of potential and already in the England youth squad. He has struggled to get into a side that has Mahrez on one flank and an experienced and underrated winger/wing back on the other flank in Marc Albrighton. He needs game time in a position and in a team that suits his strengths. He is young and hasn't suddenly become a bad player. He has just lost his way a little and needs the proper coaching to get him back on track. Every young player needs to feel wanted by the manager and I'm not sure he's feeling that here. If anything, we are holding him back. If he had gone to Bournemouth he probably would have been a first choice and got an extended run in that side and showed what he can do.

BigFox likes this.
  10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Nice to know I'm not alone in thinking this...

11. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Never worry about being in the minority. Just look where 'group-think' has got us today....

12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I’d give Gray a chance next season. He showed when he played more he was less greedy which I see as not feeling so pressured to impress on limited chances