1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Emery Sacked

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

who is the we ? you think its their money its tv money the fans don't pay for **** all these days … nobody forces them to go and they all need reminding it's an entertainment product not a guaranteed success product and tbh money spend doesn't change my opinion that it might just be someone elses turn for as long or longer as arsenal held that candle … why is that so unfair? it's not all about them ...

im not just singleing out Arsenal either all fans seem to feel they shouldn't have to put up with losing because I'm me essentially or in other words feel they have the right to success because they've become used it … on the contrary I feel it's the opposite and they should pipe down a bit or don't go.

just my opinion of course

but im right

Archers Road likes this.
  2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Absolutely, but then the board needs to start looking at themselves if they’re hiring one numpty after another.

Bodinki likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The board have been far too cautious in the past, but they have shown that they are willing to spend and willing to make the chop when managers aren’t getting the results.

Emery seemed like a decent appointment at the time. Won the League with PSG (yes I know not hard in that league) and won the Europa league 3 times with Sevilla. But he just wasn’t up to the rigours of the premier league.

That’s why I think the board will want to appoint somebody who has PL experience this time. My money would be on Nuno, Pochettino, or Arteta

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Who do you think pays the TV subscriptions ya knobber <doh>
    I never said anything was unfair or fair, ugatz fair, but people want to see their football club win and if they are on a winless streak, like Arsenal are, people are going to get unhappy. The objective of football is to win, of course people are going to be unhappy at ****ty results, in any sport. I am not sure why you would expect people to just put up with failure and lump it just because.....

5. Dr Van Helsing

sky , so everyone that watched tv and I include people that don't pay sports basically

what is failure ? they are still in the league collecting the tv money … the fans don't matter .. they've have had success and are still doing on average better than 75% of the country , so I'll say it again ,,, they have no divine right to expect success it's an entertainment product.

If I've been at the front of the cue once I've been served it's someone else's turn and I have to queue again patiently not just start having a tantrum at the management to sack the till lady because I was at the front of the queue and expect to stay there.

6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Football doesn't have a queuing system, though.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

wow....so you think Sky would pay tens of billions of pounds every few years for PL coverage if fans weren't buying subscriptions to watch it?
    They are just doing it to be nice and offer us all free coverage from our illegal streams?

Its not about having a right, or it being fair, football hasn't been "fair" since WW2.
    If it fair ALL ticket prices would be the same and a team would only be able to recruit from its own vicinity and all players would get paid the same and all merchandise would cost the same.

Losing is not a successful business model, so eventually if you start losing a lot, people tune out, lose interest and your profits fall.
    Of course there are hardcore fans, but there are far more casuals out there. I am baffled as to why you think a club should just put up with losing because "its someone elses turn at the front of the queue" <laugh>
    This is a competitive sport ffs! <doh>

8. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

And before that. Teams cheated with payments, fixed matches and structured the league to favour some teams.
    It's never been a completely level playing field and doesn't attempt to pretend that it is.

9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

To be fair I don't think many Arsenal fans demand instant success. There's quite a big gulf between 'success' and the current situation at Arsenal. Somewhere in the middle is fine with me. What isn't fine with me is the absolute ****e, boring, ineffective, random, tactic-less football Arsenal have played for the last 18 months under Emery. The most shots conceded by any team in the premier league and anyone thinks Emery should be given more time?! You're having a laugh.

If someone said Juande Ramos at Spurs or Roy Hodgson at Liverpool deserved more time I wonder what people would have said.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  10. Dr Van Helsing

no I didn't say that , but take a look at the numbers clubs get **** all from season ticket holders it's all tv money and hat comes from all fans and therefore no club has any divine right to hold down positions.

so you accept football isn't fair? so then what's the problem ? they seem to think something is unfair , so we both agree now that is a fallacy .. ok great

the club don't put up with it losing , but the fans have no right to not expect it any more than fans of the other clubs , so you have to accept when you don't win

11. Dr Van Helsing

this is irrelvent though because rightly or wrongly any fanbase has as much right to win .. this is exactly the point ! it's the but we are used to success , so we should expect it … it's utter rubbish

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its nothing to do with it being fair.
    Money is invested in to the clubs, and as a consequence of that, people both the fans and the board, expect to see results, and when they dont get them, they try to rectify the situation to make things better, whether that means signing better players, changing the manager etc. I am not sure why you are having such a hard time grasping this.

13. Dr Van Helsing

yes and so do fans of Sunderland and look where they are ? no set of fans has any right to expect success any more than any other .. hey all pay..

fans seem to use the yeah but we are used to winning , so we should continue to expect that and other clubs should accept that … it's utter rubbish.. it's the same as a child saying I had it first and crying when their mammy gives the toy to their brother

14. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

In terms of sportsmanship and fairness, yes. In practical terms, no.

Clubs don't have the same amount of financial clout and that determines the likelyhood of success.
    The league table largely lines up with each club's wage bill.
    Managers are judged on their performance with this in mind.

15. Dr Van Helsing

that's fine and that's why changing the manager and playing staff is understandable , but it doesn't mean the fans have any more right to expect to hold down a position as we agree. Fans these days are crap basically .

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No, but they do.
    Its not about rights, or whats fair, people just want the team they support to win, and get unhappy when they dont, and the board want to see a return on their investment, thats it, simple as.
    There are teams with historic success, and their fans are used to a certain level, and become annoyed when standards fall, again, perfectly natural reaction. They are paying for football to entertain them, and people dont find their team getting battered entertaining.

17. Dr Van Helsing

why have you gone back to original argument ?

the but we're used to winning argument is bullshit it matter not .. it's like a child crying "but it's my rattle " when the mother takes it off them and passes it to their brother .. I can be used to getting everything my own way and guess what when I don't and I complain I'm in the wrong. it's exactly the same principle .

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No its nothing like that at all.
    Sunderland isn't Arsenal's brother, and their mummy didnt buy all their toys. The fans did.
    It would be like me taking your car and saying "**** you, I have a disability, you can walk just fine, so I should get the car" even though you paid for it.

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Poch <laugh>

Arteta got PL experience? Setting out cones for Pep?

Maybe Nuno

PINKIE likes this.
  20. Dr Van Helsing

it's the same principal as I have already explained and i'm not explaining why again ..

the it'snot fair cod I'm me argument doesn't wash with me

:emoticon-0148-yes: