1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Embleton's goal

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Sunderland midfielder Elliot Embleton has been nominated for Uefa's goal of the season award.The promising youngster is on a shortlist of 11 stunning goals along with fellow England international Lucy Bronze and Portugal and Juventus ace Cristiano Ronaldo.

Embleton, who was on the bench for the 1-1 draw at Luton Town, has been nominated for his goal in a European Under-19 Championship group-stage victory against Turkey this summer, which you can watch in the video below.

Vote for his goal to win here.

The UEFA Technical Observers report read: "Very good build-up and switch from left to right followed by a fine piece of individual skill and a superb left-foot finish."

Ronaldo's nomination is his overhead kick for former club Real Madrid against new club Juventus in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Bronze's selected effort is a volley for Lyon against Manchester City.

All of the goals are part of a shortlist of 11 goals, one from each of Uefa's main competitions over the past 12 months.

2. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

You don't see many better :emoticon-0148-yes:

smithy in nl likes this.
  3. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

He doesn't want that one back for sure.....great goal! If they had two goalkeepers in they still wouldn't have stopped that one.

4. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

It's worth pointing out that Miss Bronze also learned her skills at The Academy of Light.

5. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

I watched quite a bit of that tournament and there were some great goals scored, so its a feather in Elliotts cap to be nominated. It was a superb goal no doubt about it, and he was to my mind England's best player overall. We do have some talent coming through, and the more they are involved the better it will be for SAFC.

smithy in nl likes this.
  6. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

He scored another screamer yesterday

7. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

19 years old... This lad is going to be some player, we need to tie him down to a long-term contract imo.

8. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Good news, I rate him highly and another player who impressed me was Coates against Arsenal this week, we have made a few mistakes in the past, but for some reason I believe those days are over and Elliot is in good hands.