1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Election 2024

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Jan 18, 2024.

?

Who will win?

This poll will close on Jan 18, 2025 at 7:43 PM.
  1. Starmer

33.3%
  2. Rishi

8.3%
  3. Ed

8.3%
  4. Reform

16.7%
  5. Suckys let's smoke weed Party

29.2%
  6. Pinkies Gaza Holidays Group 2024

25.0%
  7. BobbyD for Prime Minister

45.8%
  8. Fook off brb!

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've just read it. Bloody heavy going at 8 on a Friday morning but very interesting nonetheless.

brb and Archers Road like this.
  2. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah bro I was, but donkey's ago I spoke about this on the Rona thread.

And yeah free @aberdude

3. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

I find it interesting that religions talk about the interconnectedness of everything, how the divine is within us and everything around us, how our actions in turn affect the world around us and are indeed reflected back at us. And now Science is giving us explanations through quantum mechanics that explain similar phenomena.

4. brb

brb CR250

Get them detention centres built, the future will thank us...

please log in to view this image

BobbyD and Treble like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

See I don't go along with all this conspiracy shhite regarding the jabs, as I said yesterday they play on the unknown, even if the jabs do/did cause blood clots, we have no way of measuring the alternatives. Yes, you can play out different scenarios such as locking down the vulnerable and letting everyone else roam free, but you still don't know and never probably will know, how that would have played out, but someone will always try and convince you the opposite. As I said if it was to control us, they are doing that anyway, and we are still allowing them to do that, and as a majority none of us will do anything to stop that - again in comes the conspiracy theorists. The law of averages in such a mass event will always have coincidences, that's life, we are born to die. Maybe in the future at the next mass event we will do the opposite and until such an event plays out, you can't make comparisons. There was only one thing that is certain from this forums perspective, and this is one of our members died, let's not forget why.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's weird bcos last night Farage kept shouting "population explosion!" as the cause of all our ills.

Then moments later on another question said, ppl should be having more children and that we should be encouraging ppl to do so!

RANDY likes this.
  7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Which for 20 years exacerbates any issues even if we adopted a load of Ceauscescu policies and everyone started shagging like rabbits in some mad quest to make Britain great again.

Treble likes this.
  8. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

Never understood why so many people were surprised that the vaccines could have adverse side effects as all medical procedures do and yes i pointed this out at the time .In the UK by Oct 23 a total of 151248820 covid vaccinations had been administered in the UK. The biggest problem imo was the authorities attempts to pretend they weren't happening .

9. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Always difficult to tell what the outcome would have been without the jabs.

People died from Covid, both those who were jabbed and those who weren't. A lot of people died because they had other co morbidities and chronic diseases

I just think the mantra that they are 'Safe and effective' wasn't true, as has been demonstrated by Pfizer withdrawing their vaccine. And the unknown number of people who have had life changing injuries as a result of taking them.

At the end of the day, it has to be a personal choice as to your own risk factors. I had the jabs at the time because I was told they were safe and that they would protect others. But subsequently, I was then told, they don't prevent you from getting covid and they don't prevent you from spreading it either.

So I won't be having any more. But I also won't be telling others that they shouldn't have them either.

BobbyD likes this.
  10. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

The birth rate (certainly in the UK) is falling. So this idea that we're all going to be overrun by a population explosion is just Farage fodder.

Treble likes this.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

And yet if anyone was to suggest this at the time they were labelled as anti vax conspiracists.

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I have no doubts that covid was killing people and that vaccines were therefore a 'sensible' approach to the issue.

I say that as I witnessed first hand with daily updates as a lady that worked in my team lost her father to it after he and her mother caught it - he was a very fit man for his age before the virus hit his family.

It also decimated the elderly and vulnerable. We had been exploring getting my mother in law out of a care home where she'd been after a double aneurysm diagnosis (after one ruptured leaving her paralysed) but there were no adequate care packages available for love nor money. Two months into the pandemic there suddenly were - because the virus had kilked so many old and vulnerable - she's been home ever since - and was a good job we got her out as that care home lost loads both before and after she left.

So I don't doubt the virus was real and had a devastating effect - as to whether it was all part of some globalist population decrease plot or not, who knows!

13. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

tbf some of the more vociferous put any illness / death down to vaccines which was clearly nonsense .

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah agreed. Modern world sadly where no middle ground exists in many debates.

I blame social media algorithms for creating echo chambers and therefore people not being exposed to other views.

BobbyD, RANDY, Saf and 3 others like this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

Yes I agree social media is to blame, because far too many people really don't understand how it works, and that's young and old, they don't have a clue how they get dragged into these chambers or what one even is, because people just believe what they read. It's not until you start reverse searching these accounts that you realise it's a bunch of nut jobs aka conspiracy theorists feeding you the information, over and over again, sometimes with different alias; but it all links back to the same accounts. It still happens now, with crime, politics and war, I can go on GC and all the shhite comes from virtually the same sources, that people have chosen to follow, because it's the **** they have chosen to hear. Hence why you get statements such as safe and effective, because it's trying to mass counter the claims people are reading, so both sides are theoretically lying purely because there is availability to way too much information but all of it misleading, and some from both sides really don't always have your best interests at heart, they are merely pushing their own agendas. Do people on here honestly believe Abe had your best interests at heart, of course not, it just fits nicely into a bigger agenda, because the people they feed have lazy brains...

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/c...cience/who-likely-believe-conspiracy-theories

The world is a complex and often counterintuitive place, which is why we need science and analytical thinking to make sense of it. But conspiracy theorists are more likely to rely on their intuition—their gut—to figure out what’s really happening. Intuitive thinking is easier and faster, and it has helped our species evade predators in our distant past, so conspiracy theorists use it to make sense of the modern threats they perceive all around them. Analytical thinking, with its deductions and inferences and reliance on scientific data, is harder on the brain and more time-consuming. To believe in a grand conspiracy theory, simply follow your instincts.

Yeah I know TLDR. <laugh>

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    BobbyD, duggie2000 and Saf like this.
  16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Didn’t read.

brb likes this.
  17. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Keep Abe in the bin where he belongs. The board ended up a mess but also very boring with his daily regurgitation of different conspiracies. Whenever you let one run loose, in time, they also seem to infect a few more with their poison. Just look at Sucky and Pinkie, now.

Like brb hinted at... Never forget there’s a guy from this board who is now dead because he believed the conspiracy bollox he was reading about vaccines when the reality is, one would have probably saved his life. I see conspiracy theorists as dangerous people and should be silenced wherever they’re found.

Don’t even care how that sounds.

BobbyD, duggie2000, Welshie and 2 others like this.
  18. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You trying to say Aber killed HIAG?

RANDY likes this.
  19. RANDY

RANDY Wurzel Gummidge

Lol. I’m just saying that the vaccines weren’t as safe and effective as was made out. That’s not a conspiracy. And I didn’t need Aber to tell me that.

There’s a middle ground in all of this. Don’t believe everything you read or are told. But also don’t let the conspiracists run away with a fanciful narrative

Saf likes this.
  20. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Theres also one dead who didnt.

Jus sayin <whistle>