1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Ekitike - Not Going To Be Done Deal

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Just answer the questions please...

2. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

1. It's a 9 minute fan made youtube video that is supposed to highlight his "best bits" to say I find it underwhelming is an understatement.
    2. If one of our players has a **** game, everyone - You included calls them out on their mistakes. I'll just say from now on that you're opinion means **** all as you don't know better than Eddie Howe but that's irrelevant as we're talking about your opinion, like in this case I'm talking about my opinion. I think he has a poor first touch that is over heavy, I think he's guilty of over hitting the ball during dribbles, I find he is quite a lucky player in the way deflections, rebounds etc fall his way. That is my opinion and nothing you can say will change my opinion. My opinion may well change over time once I see more of him first hand.
    3. Who said my "scout report took 5 minutes? I started to highlight his mistakes and errors in that 9 min video for you but got bored after 30 minutes and 5 minutes of the clip as there was that many.
    4. Why would I jack in what I do to earn less money? Bit of a dumb move. Told you already most scouts work day jobs. For example working for the council, civil servants, plumbers etc.
    5. What makes you draw a conclusion a player has had a **** game for us? What makes you qualified to say someone had a ****ter?
    6. Yes players from France can indeed score in the PL.
    7. I believe the scouts have concluded the kid is a hot prospect. and that he is worth the punt. It's not my money. I'm only bothered about spending £30m on this kid because some dafty on here has repeatedly told me we only have £60m to spend this window and saying as we're now £25m in this deal will only leave us with £5m left for a CB and either a winger or another striker.

3. Rudekid

Like I say you should email psg and Newcastle and enlighten them to your greatness.

JS85586897.jpg

4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Was he working under restriction? More than likely.

Who else was on his lists? No idea.

How has recruitment been since Charnley wasn't involved? Better, with one exception.

I don't get the questions and how they relate to me not being sure on Nickson and disagreeing that this kid Hugo should be at the top of his list now? Who's to say his 'lists' didn't include players like Nuno Tavares, Leon Bailey, Dele Alli, etc.?

You know full well Joelinton was signed by Nickson as a centre forward, not a midfielder. The club, not Bruce, gave him the No.9. You know Rafa opposed the signing vehemently. It's inevitable that Bruce wouldn't make it work, but the credit is all Eddie Howe on this one.

I'll add this, which is pretty important - a scout's overall job is to cover everything about a player, not just ability or potential, but availability, emotional intelligence, football intelligence, willingness to come, adaptability, and so on. There is a lot of groundwork that should be covered and the best scouts do all of their homework so that when the club goes to work on getting a player it happens relatively rapidly. If Nickson did this with Bruno, then that's the benchmark, but the 5 month debacles with Botman and Ekitike don't make anyone look good. So far this Summer, from the outside looking in, we've managed to get a relegated goalkeeper who's an upgrade on our backup goalkeeper, and Villa's second choice left back who was already at the club! If it's about making a statement, showing ambition, proving to Bruno or ASM that they should be here long term and competing at the higher end of the PL, we've basically achieved nothing in the month since the season ended.

Long way to go, of course, but so far Nickson has delivered more or less what I expected of a man who thought Joelinton was a £40m No.9 and Chris Wood was worth £25m.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  5. Rudekid

Thankyou I appreciate your honesty in answering the questions.

What it means is that you don't know what other names were on nixons lists and only the ones Charnley sent out and paid for.

The scouts, manager and everyone has been working under a ruthlessly tight regime and therefor their performance cannot be judged fairly.

Now is the time to see what they can do and since January the recruitment and everything about this side has improved.

It's not just Howe it's the entire club and staff working under him..

Well done to them and give them a chance.

6. Hamish McMagdad

So in response to tons of NUFC asking about what's going on this was a response on Insta with him and his Black Eyed Pea wannabe agent

If this is true, like a few of us have said he can go and "**** Off"

7. Hamish McMagdad

This deal now looks deader than a dead thing from dead land. Reports we've made a formal offer for Broja now.

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Yes he can however we have too many alleged fans of this club who are complete ****s.

We also have a very impatient fan base. Ekitike signs but hasn’t scored in his first couple of games then he’ll be forever labelled as ****.

9. NUforever

NUforever Well-Known Member

Leave about whether he's **** or class according to Roy. I wouldn't want him based on what he's wearing <laugh>

Munson. and Hamish McMagdad like this.
  10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

screen shotted

Munson. likes this.

11. Rudekid

That was a photo taken 3 days ago I believe it was his birthday.

12. Rudekid

He's been getting abuse on his twitter account from Newcastle fans for weeks based on what they think is the case rather than anything they know. It's hardly going to make him think wow what a great experience it'll be with such lovely fans.

All anyone knows is newcastle are trying to get him.

magpie290761 and Flash like this.
  13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Exactly. I’m still embarrassed to think about what the fans did to Jak Alnwick a few seasons ago.

14. Rudekid

I'm beginning to think Ekitike deal won't happen, but the response from the fans has been terrible as usual.

Nobody knows the facts they just read something, draw their conclusion and start being unpleasant.

He's a young boy with options and a big decision in a career none of us know enough about to make personal judgement.

If Newcastle sign him great if not they move on.

magpie290761 likes this.
  15. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

That's classic Roland that.

Just minimizing Pope to being basically a ****kid because it enforces your point. Pope is a better keeper than Dubz, anyone with any objectivity would recognise this.

Dubs is atrocious dealing with corners, or any crosses for that matter. He's made of fiberglass, constantly injured, he's just an excellent shot stopper.

Pope is an upgrade in every category and a fantastic signing.

Targett is a top player tbh and not signing him would have been criminal.

Flash likes this.
  16. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Roland still thinks that Joelinton is ****.

Roland thinks everyone is ****.

17. Hamish McMagdad

Not really. The deal was agreed in Jan and the kid backed out at the last minute. The club have stayed in contact since then and he's still not agreed or declined to join. Whichever way you look at it, he's now taking the piss.

A 19 year old with 20 games under his belt and a hamstring injury, playing for ****ing Reims is taking the piss out of an institute that's been around for 130 years as if he's already won 5 Ballon d'ors. All the reporters have said its him and his agent, even the Reims chairman has said as much as well as being shocked at the amount we were prepared to pay. I'm sick of this **** now and have been for a few weeks........Number 1 target my ****ing arse.

18. Rudekid

That's just the conclusion you've reached based on some flimsy reports

You believe that story but refute the one that says he's nufc no 1 target

We don't know enough factual info

19. Hamish McMagdad

I'll give you factual info then eh? If your going to quote someone, get the quote correct "he is Newcastle's number 1 forward target" NOT Number 1 target, there's a huge difference and I don't refute that story.

20. Rudekid

Screenshot_20220624_132723.jpg

So why do you believe it?