1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

EFL Managers 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by philhythe, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Probably a big League 1 club

2. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Phillip Cocu leaves Derby

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Looking at the Wycombe website there is too much going on at the club behind the scenes to tempt GA away at this time

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Bristol Rovers sacked their manager as they only won 6 out of 33 matches under his tenure so it's no surprise.

5. philhythe

The trouble is Mowgli every club thinks they should be top of the league & winning games, they do forget somebody has to be bottom & if you win the other side has lost

6. mowgli1960

I'm just amazed he lasted that long with his record, lose a few games on the bounce this season and managers get the sack. Just look on the Sunderland forum it's bloody hilarious with their fans wanting Parkinson out even though they're in 6th position in League 1. <laugh><laugh>

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well when they came (or should I say went) down to L1 they expected to walk straight back into the Championship. Maybe 100+ games on, they have had enough

8. philhythe

They had enough after the first game Ron

Ron likes this.
  9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I often have a read around and there are a number of clubs or rather supporters who think their club is bigger than the other fish in their pond. This is of course to do with their previous rather than current. I also think that other supporters of the smaller historic fish think these clubs are bigger than the average but results over the last few seasons have laid that not to be true at all. You only have to read their forums though and they are quite illuminating. Have they got a right to think the way they do? I actually think not because you are where you deserve to be for whatever reason you've got there. There is nothing historic about a current season.

Ron likes this.
  10. philhythe

Looking at the Sunderland & Bristo Roversl boards there are some on the site that want a long term project, that's until they end up mid table or even fighting relegation then it's back to the sack the manager, (I did'nt want him from the start)

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I was talking to No.1 son tonight whilst watching us on the tele (Argyle that is). We agreed that the best outcome this season all around will be to survive as a club let alone worry about going up or down. I don't see Argyle being in financial trouble for a good while yet but will still settle for survival as a club. The Manager post is the last thing to worry about.

We sold around 5000 season tickets before the start of this season with the prospect of seeing a game live possible in October. That one has long since flown and it isn't looking like we will get into the ground this season currently. So, the Argyle Board have offered the fans a refund in one of three options. First is the fans do nothing and don't ask for anything back. The second is a partial refund and the Third being a total refund. Season ticket holders do get to have the home matches free on ifollow anyway. 91% of those that have responded to the question so far have told them to keep their money. They have given a cut off date for the offer so if people don't respond to their email by then it means they are accepting the club keep the money anyway. That's commitment by the fans in my book hence my belief the club won't go under .

Ron likes this.
  12. philhythe

That was a soft penalty for Pompey last night, I think we will be lucky to get to see a live football match before the beginning of March

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

According to the current rules it was a penalty phil. However, what exactly a player is supposed to do from a yard away when the ball is going to smack him in the face I'm not sure. I would like the Refs to show me what they would do in the same circumstances. Would they take it on the chin or react and if react then how? There is a world of difference in deliberately stopping the ball and getting hit. Mind you some of the given penalties from VAR reviews I've seen this season have been worse than last night. The Ref was a bloke called Mr Breakspear. He is a picky prick who constantly spoils games by blowing his whistle as often as he can muster. He's the sort who can't wait to waive a card.

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  14. mowgli1960

Paul Tisdale has been appointed as Bristol Rovers boss on a 2 and a half year contract.

15. philhythe

Is'nt that the same Paul Tisdale that got sacked at the francise

16. mowgli1960

Ex Rochdale and Bolton manager Keith Hill has been appointed manager at Tranmere Rovers on a contract until the end of the season.

17. philhythe

If it's only till the end of the season what's the point of a contract.

18. philhythe

Tranmere really looking to build something for the future then

19. mowgli1960

Shrewsbury have sacked manager Sam Ricketts.

20. philhythe

No 11 who's next I see Colchester lost 6-1 at Exeter last night, also I see Shrewsbury are looking for the right candidate right away, they obvisously got it wrong last time so what makes them think they will get it right this time