1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Effect of Brexit

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

1. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

It is politicians in Germany, your own country of abode, that are making claims which associate AfD with Nazis. There are clearly large Nazi rallies taking place openly in Germany.

The Tory government's attempt to sort out genuinely disabled people from those taking advantage is the least a responsible government should be doing.

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was not predicting but referring to written documents of views held by government ministers in memoirs and diaries. If you can show you have studied such documents in detail, then I might accept that we are talking with similar knowledge. Otherwise your statements make little sense.

3. superhorns

You have made many negative predictions about the effect of the EU referendum which have been completely wrong. I recommend you should do some homework before posting any further gems.

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I am afraid you are lost in some strange world of the popular press. Go down to your local library and get some serious books covering the last hundred years of political happenings. Of course your local library might be shut by now.

5. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

They are opportunists and populists supported mostly by East German youth which has been left behind in an ideological vacuum and will grasp at any ideology which offers them a scapegoat. Few of them know anything about the original Nazi ideology. Germany does allow rallies, which may be suppressed in other countries, because these things should be in the open where they are easier to monitor. Driving them underground is the most dangerous thing you can do. This may give the impression that there are more in Germany. But what is a group of 3,000, or so, thugs brought in from eg. Dresden or Schwerin (all of Germany really) against the 80 million who are not there ? Proud to say that they were well and truly chased out of Cologne.

6. superhorns

By your lack of political knowledge it was obviously closed every time you visited. The only bit you have managed to take on board is mimicking Lord Haw Haw.

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I have my own extensive library thank you.

8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Looks tonight as though the leave without a deal supporters have been sidelined. Sack BoJo, Fox and Davis tomorrow, and we might have a slightly stronger PM.

9. superhorns

beano back catalogue ?

10. superhorns

More wishy washy wishful thinking. There is still a huge potential for no deal especially if the EU try to limit the UK's ability to decide on fiscal policies which it determines will benefit the country. Thankfully we will miss the boat to a superstate.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

April 2017: “No decisions have been taken about the location of the European Banking Authority or the European Medicines Agency — these will be subject to the exit negotiations,” A UK Brexit department spokesman told the FT.

Seems as if those negotiations didn't go so well.

12. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

Can someone explain?

In divorce the partner with the better position normaly supports the other partner for some time. As the EU is demanding money to talk about trading does this show they are the weaker partner? I see being a member of the EU costs a lot of money, they even take money from Ísland to allow us to trade with them and I thought bribes were illegal, have the EU said how much they want from UK and how can Britain talk to them until a number is decided, this makes no sense. If there is to be spending why does Theresa May not ask what the EU thinks that amount of money will be

13. superhorns

Bully boy Barnier was even instructed yesterday to threaten the UK with stopping a mutual trade deal if we dare to try to attract business from the eurozone using attractive business conditions. This is a budding superstate dealing with a sovereign nation, I don't give Ireland much chance of keeping control of its own affairs.

WTF.......

14. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

I think it has all been said AK... but they are not telling us .. so they can keep their powder dry

15. colognehornet

If by 'attractive business conditions' you mean engaging in a race to the bottom, then the EU. is right to defend itself against this. You expect a mutual trade deal with continued access to European markets yet at the same time want to establish a kind of Singapore like, off shore tax haven which slashes worker's rights and environmental concerns in the interests of being 'investor friendly' - you can think again. By all means make a nightmare of my homeland, but do not expect European help in the process.

16. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

It is tragic what this attempt to cut loose and create some sort of neo-liberal state will do to the UK.

I don't know whether there is some theory of economic cycle modelling..almost seems like an end-state in a cycle of destructivenss

But if we go down this road I fear for our society and what was great about Britain.

Already all our great institutions are being stripped and sold off...just shocking

17. superhorns

The EU would not threaten any other sovereign nation it was trading with, how can it justify imposing unacceptable conditions on the UK. It is up to the UK how it runs its economy, do they not understand what a sovereign nation means? This crazy attitude will ensure there is no deal as no nation would accept this interference.

18. superhorns

19. colognehornet

I agree that the EU. does not have the right to dictate how Britain conducts it's economy - this will be for other organizations to do. As long as Britain respects internationally agreed human rights, internationally agreed environmental goals, and does not turn itself into a tax haven which exists to rip off its closest neighbours then you can have a certain sovereignty - until you see what conditions are attached to trade deals with the likes of the USA. and China. What sovereignty is left in spreading your legs to the rest of the World and trying to look attractive ? The problem is that you still want to hang onto the best aspects of EU. membership yet want to carry none of the obligations of it.

20. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

With all the free unicorns that Brexiters have been promising us we'll make a fortune in the unicorn steak market <cool>