1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Effect of Brexit

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

I think it has rather escaped your radar that there are over 600 seats which are not AfD in the Bundestag and who are bitterly opposed to them, and will shut them out of politics at every opportunity. It has also escaped your radar that Germany has the second highest number of foreign born residents Worldwide (after the USA) who apparently feel safe there. You bandy terms like 'political extremes', but who exactly do you mean - quote examples please ? How are the AfD more radical than the right wing of the Tory Party for example. Die Linke are also on a par with Corbyn's Labour - so who exactly do you mean ?

2. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

The UK's relationship with the EMA is yet to be decided. The UK is quite capable of having its own agency if need be.

3. superhorns

The AfD containing Nazis cannot be associated in any way with the Conservative Party. The Labour Party under Corbyn has morphed into a far left regime which is why it cannot be allowed anywhere near power. The AfD Party are feeling rather chipper at the moment.

'Merkel is finished!' AfD leader's stark warning to beleagured Merkel after talks COLLAPSE 'Merkel is finished!' AfD leader's stark warning to beleagured Merkel after talks COLLAPSE GERMANY's Chancellor Angela Merkel could soon see the end of her decade-long rule over ...

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes the UK could have its own agency for selling drugs within the UK, but not outside. How much would you pay to join the EMA?

5. colognehornet

They can feel as 'chippy' as they like - even if she is replaced then whatever replaces her would leave the AfD just as much in the cold as they are now. Actually 2 years of minority government wouldn't be a bad thing for her - she never wanted to stand anyway and was talked into it by Obama. As for your Nazi paranoia - point me to one politician or policy of the AfD which you consider to be Nazi - then we have a starting point for debate, otherwise I cannot take your rants seriously

6. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

One of the world’s biggest logistics companies, whose clients include Rolls-Royce, Airbus and Primark, has said it is “bordering on insanity” to think new Brexit customs systems will be in place for 2019.
    We all know that, but why do the nutters keep believing that everything will be in place?

7. superhorns

You should ask your own politicians.

German foreign minister equates far-right AfD party with Nazis

AfD co-founder says Germans should be proud of its second world war ...

8. colognehornet

I want quotes from you, not links. To equate people with Nazis is the easiest way of discrediting someone in Germany, and tends to be used a lot to put people down. What I need are policies which you consider to be on a parallel with those of the thirties. As for the second one - it has becomes traditional to hold all of Germany's war dead in contempt - there were many soldiers who were not Nazis but just soldiers who went to the front and didn't come back. People who died a useless death on some Russian field never knowing why - just caught up in someone else's history, and often doped to make them stay there. The British have their honours - the Royal Military Hospital is full of them (my father was there by the way). The Germans have nothing - those that came back with no legs etc. were scorned by the next generation for it. There is no reason why it has to be like that forever. The War guilt has to have an end sometime.

9. superhorns

What is clear there are serious politicians in Germany that are quite content associating the AfD with Nazis. You really should take up the image problem with them. Sigmar Gabriel is the German foreign minister so should be in a good position to judge.

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

The IIWW finished 70 years ago, something that even I don't remember. Why is it that so many Brexiteers keep wanting to refer to it? Look at some of the comments from people younger than me in other places, and they are still fighting in it. Time to move on and work out how we can all work together to make sure that nothing like it ever happens again.

11. colognehornet

It is always convenient to label your political opponents as Nazis. If Gabriel knows that any individual politicians have ideas that are inconsistent with the existing constitution, or have acted on those beliefs in a similar way then he should press charges or let the matter drop. In fact there were some old Nazis in the German government up to around the 70s - most of them in the CDU.

12. colognehornet

Many British people feel nostalgic about the second World War Frenchie - possibly because it was the last thing that really unified the British.

13. superhorns

I'm glad we don't have cause for those kinds of comments in the UK. Up to now those kind of extremists have been kept well away from the UK parliament.

14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

If you knew your political history you would know that there were Nazi sympathizers in Thatchers government as Ministers

15. colognehornet

Wasn't Oswald Moseley a Tory MP to begin with ? Wasn't Pinochet a welcome guest at number 10 on many occasions ? Have a good look at the opinions of some on the right of the Tory Party today ok. we don't use words like Nazi, but the ideas are similar.

16. superhorns

Nonsense.

17. superhorns

Can you provide evidence for this daft comment?

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

You really should read more and not believe everything you read in your papers.

19. colognehornet

If you provide evidence for you claims about the AfD - rather than links, and things 'other people have said'. Remember - I am not defending the AfD, I despise them but I am just not convinced about the Nazi label. I would say that their attitude to disabled people (The Tories that is) is very reminiscent of the Nazi ideology.

20. superhorns

I'm not sure where you get your failed predictions from, french comics?