1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Effect of Brexit

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Davylad, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Why has it taken 10 years to get planning when you say you're living in an existing dwelling on the site?

2. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

It has been far more complicated than you can possibly imagine. I prefer not to elaborate any further. Make of that what you will.

3. superhorns

Mill houses and other large stone properties have not been generally popular with the french for a long time. They have been sought by foreign buyers, mainly the English. With the uncertainty over residency with Brexit it would be additionally foolish to purchase any property in France that excluded the french from its appeal.

When I moved to France these properties were selling like hot cakes, not surprising with the extremely weak Franc / Euro at the time. There are no damp problems with my friend's house, I just think the very nature of mill houses always put them in the valley instead on a hill with views.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

5. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

You must be properly pushing the boat out in design terms. Over ten years that must involve the Planning Inspectorate. Dacorum enjoy a battle, I've had one or two with them.

6. superhorns

My battles with them actually spans over 25 years on this particular site with many different kinds of applications. It is unbelievable how it is allowable for different planning officers to have such a variance of attitudes and interpretation of local and national policies.

7. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

please log in to view this image

andytoprankin likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

Two sides to every story, dependent on the media source used;

Perhaps Sir David didn’t have time today to also purchase a Telegraph subscription and therefore was unable to read what the Foreign Secretary actually wrote. Because, unlike the ordinary everyday abuse of statistics by politicians (on which the Statistics Authority is normally silent) every word from Boris (this time) was accurate. Here’s what he had to say:-
    ‘Once we have settled our accounts, we will take back control of roughly £350 million per week. It would be a fine thing, as many of us have pointed out, if a lot of that money went on the NHS, provided we use that cash injection to modernise and make the most of new technology.’​

How on earth does this ‘confuse gross and net’ as Sir David claims?

9. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see that BoJo has replied trying to make out that he has been misrepresented. This all suits his purpose I suggest to make as much of a problem within the party just as the PM is going to make her big speech, whatever that may be about, and just before the conference. He has his old mate Gove urging him on, but others have been clearly seen to sideline him. Note that Rudd was clearly angry with him, and made the point that he is not driving the Brexit car. This has little to do with the money, but more to do with trying to power grab. If you read your political history you will find that exactly the same went on within the Tory party when ministers were trying to get rid of Thatcher. Put forward opposing ideas, then create little groups that will line up to support one side or the other. All designed to create division and at a time when a minority government is struggling to make sense out of their self imposed chaos.

10. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

I know reading and comprehension of basic English sentences aren't your strong point.

Do you still believe the UK gives £350M a week to the EU? That number has been proven to be inaccurate so many times it's obscene he's still using it.

So that fictional £350M will:

Match pound for pound all the EU money spent on projects and regional funding in the UK
    Match pound for pound the investment in science and research by the EU in the UK
    'Mostly' go to the NHS
    Pay for the design and implementation of all the various IT systems required post Brexit
    Pay for all the civil servants (thousands of them) that will have to be employed post Brexit
    etc...

The fact that anyone believes anything that comes out of that lying b******'s mouth baffles me.

andytoprankin and Hornet-Fez like this.

11. brb

brb CR250

Is that really much different to what the EU were doing, 'power grab?' - the saying goes once you destroy democracy then you also destroy human rights. Ever since over 17 Million people voted out, people have tried to derail the democratic process via various media sources and other avenues and still attempt to keep doing so, even Blair jumping on the band wagon, I can't believe that remainers do not find that worrying. Thank god we voted out when we did otherwise there would never ever have been any turning back and is that also democratically right, absolutely not. Or maybe we should turn to the republic and vote three times until the people say yes again.

12. brb

brb CR250

Sorry to every on here but unless you keep Toby in check then i will respond accordingly <ok>

I'm entitled to my opinion without insult.

13. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

You quoted my post and have nothing to do on the Watford forum. Please stop following me around.

<laugh> <laugh>

14. brb

brb CR250

I've never been on here when you have until now so stop being a dick and take your cock waving back to GC.

I quoted your post because this thread is in my notifications due to previous debates i've had here.

But as i said Toby take your cock waving back to GC.

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Yes it is very different. What is going on at the moment within a government that the electorate did not give a majority to, is a battle to use the situation to replace one set of ministers with a different set. So the election that took place recently on a set of policies and known leaders is to be ignored?

16. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Can you please watch your language? It's quite childish behaviour tbph.

I stand by my original statement <ok>

17. brb

brb CR250

But it's the same whoever got in. I'm not here to defend the Tories or any other party.

18. brb

brb CR250

Go back to GC Toby <laugh>

Unless your intention is to disrupt your own team board. I saw you mention on GC the other day i wasn't welcome on the Watford board, despite you being the only one up to that point in time to say that. I'm sure that's why you are here to cause disruption isn't it Toby :)

19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Can we just talk about Brexit and not personalities. I have had enough hassle for one week.

brb likes this.
  20. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

<doh>

And you're meant to be a supermod on this site.

<doh>