1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Edwards Head or Heart ?

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

one Reading fans view of things under thread " clear out started"
    "Edwards never performed to his potential/fans expectation but how much of that was down to him and how much down to not being properly used we’ll never really know."
    Edwards is one of 8 reading players either sent out on loan or released

many view Edwards as a player who failed to make an impact at Reading and clearing out the dead wood

according to the marvels of google 3 goals in 32 appearances 2017 to 2019 my concerns are is fully fit and even if he is 32 appearance out of minimum of 72 games( just the league) would suggests he is going to be a bit rusty

many fans on B & A seem to be getting misty eyed at his return

so Heart;

i am pleased to see him back at town, considering the rumours that he hopes to get into coaching you could see this two year contract as him winding up his career and stepping in to some sort of backroom position in the club ?

Head
    injury prone 32 year old player that a club paid a million pounds for in 2017 and now seem glad to unload him
    he may have passed a medical but so did loft, does he still have the legs? playing under half the games since 2017 and that does not include any cup games would suggest he is going to be rusty.
    as much as Edwards may like town i would think he will be one of the highest paid players in our squad, i am not aware of any club wanting him.
    rickets talked of thinning the squad to pay for new players, what we really need is a keeper, left back, and a forward

you would hope Edwards will bring a calming head in to the midfield and he will bring a lot of experience

so what do fans on this forum think , good, bad or indifferent ? heart or head ?

2. Zenfootball2

sorry i seem to have posted this twice and dont seem to be able to delete the other one

3. Zenfootball2

Edwards has achieved a lot and he has remained very loyal to shrewsbury and there is no doubt he has been a very talented player. i fully understand why fans are so happy about his return and i do hope it works out for him and the town.
    only time will tell if it does or not
    Reding paid a million pounds for him in December 2017 and if there fans forum is to be believed he has been released by mutual agreement, for me that rings a bell in my head.and i feel like i am the only one wondering if this is a great idea

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It might work out really well but I do hope we haven't blown a chunk of budget on a player that might not play much due to injury.

5. Zenfootball2

that is my concern ,you would imagine he is going to be towns highest wages so i hope that does not prevent us signing a forward and other players we need.

6. Zenfootball2

Scunthorpe have signed five new players , three defenders, one midfielder and one forwards

7. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Looks like he will play behind the strikers at the front of the diamond. Could be a good addition as he can always pop up with a goal. with his 40 odd caps for Wales surely become the most capped international we have ever had who is playing for us (I know Hart has more but of course he was not capped at senior level until a few years after he left us). As everyone says fitness will be the key but I have an optimistic feeling about this one. I see some of the fringe players are leaving but we desperately need one or two strikers otherwise we will get sucked into a relegation battle.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  8. Zenfootball2

if he does play at the tip of the diamond were will Docherty play? he did used to have a good long range shoot but he is not a prolific goal score one goal per ten games.the one thing he should bring in to the team is an experienced head , fitness/stamina and injuries are the issues for me