1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Edwards Head or Heart ?

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

one Reading fans view of things under thread " clear out started"
    "Edwards never performed to his potential/fans expectation but how much of that was down to him and how much down to not being properly used we’ll never really know."
    Edwards is one of 8 reading players either sent out on loan or released

many view Edwards as a player who failed to make an impact at Reading and clearing out the dead wood

according to the marvels of google 3 goals in 32 appearances 2017 to 2019 my concerns are is fully fit and even if he is 32 appearance out of minimum of 72 games( just the league) would suggests he is going to be a bit rusty

many fans on B & A seem to be getting misty eyed at his return

so Heart;

i am pleased to see him back at town, considering the rumours that he hopes to get into coaching you could see this two year contract as him winding up his career and stepping in to some sort of backroom position in the club ?

Head
    injury prone 32 year old player that a club paid a million pounds for in 2017 and now seem glad to unload him
    he may have passed a medical but so did loft, does he still have the legs? playing under half the games since 2017 and that does not include any cup games would suggest he is going to be rusty.
    as much as Edwards may like town i would think he will be one of the highest paid players in our squad, i am not aware of any club wanting him.
    rickets talked of thinning the squad to pay for new players, what we really need is a keeper, left back, and a forward

you would hope Edwards will bring a calming head in to the midfield and he will bring a lot of experience

so what do fans on this forum think , good, bad or indifferent ? heart or head ?

2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

sorry managed to get two threads up and cant remove this one

Matster likes this.