1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by deedub93, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Bobby Pires

Bobby Pires Well-Known Member

The only scenario that would allow me to accept that Hazard has gone to Spurs is if we got Gotze instead. Honestly, I know one man doesn't make a team but Eden is phenomenal.

2. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Don't you get it fella? The chances are you are not in the Champions League next year. You are no longer in the frame whether you "accept" it or not. If we can come up with the dough, (which is not altogether certain) we are.

3. Wandering Yid

Wandering Yid Well-Known Member

Both Gotze and Hazard are out of our spending power, which means they are definitely WELL out of Arsenal's spending power.

4. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

haha - so blunt, but so true!

5. NotSoMightyEastbourneBoro

Maybe we're planning on having no strikers - a bit like classic Roma - 4-6-0. With the attacking ability in midfield we'll just say sod it when it comes to strikers and have 2 holding midfielders and then 4 central attacking ones all interchanging across the entire pitch........ Well, might work. And saves money as most strikers are ridiculously over-priced at the moment.

6. Kunniaa Kunniaa

Kunniaa Kunniaa New Member

Well those that play for Fulham's junior club or the mousers are.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think this is probably the most accurate appraisal of the situation. Both Goetze and Hazard are now well on the radar as being Europe's best young talents. The fact that Hazard is talking up a big move is just going to increase the clamour to sign him.

It is true that he actually identified Spurs as a preferable destination, or was it in response to a journo question as to whether he'd consider joining a club like Spurs? I understood that he'd named several clubs where he'd like to play in the interview.

I'd be really surprised if either Spurs or Arsenal bought Hazard or Goezte, as it seem more likely that one of the Mega rich clubs will come in with an offer that will blow anything else out of the water.

8. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

As would I - I wouldn't be on here complaining though if it were to happen! (to Spurs :p)

Assuming Spurs get top 4, Hazard/Goezte would be a hell of a declaration of intent on Levy's part.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Absolutely, if he could pull it off it would be a massive signing, Hazard and Goetze would undoubtedly improve any team. I think the clubs (Lille and Dortmund) are going to ensure that these deals generate maximum income from any sale - and the agents will negotiate the best wage deals for their players (and their percentage). Unless both Arsenal and Spurs radically alter their policy on spending, I can't see them coming to one of our clubs.

I would love to see either of them playing in the Premier League though. <ok>

10. There might be something in this if Modric goes. Modric would probably fetch £35m-£40m from Chelsea. That would leave £5m+ left after buying Hazard. Also Modric wants £100k a week - I suspect Hazard would settle for less.

Depends a lot on what happens over the course of the rest of the season - if Spurs finish well, they could get him.

11. Wandering Yid

Modric would fetch more than that now. £40 million was the figure been mentioned at the start of the season, it's undeniable that his stock has risen considerably since then.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think £40m would be a good price for Modric.

13. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

The best option for us would be as a replacement for VdV I think. In terms of resale value - VdV has gotta be a good price now (£15m? - nearly double what we paid). That would soften the blow of Hazard - plus in terms of what they bring to a team, they're pretty similar (possible Hazard is even more versatile).

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Think some of the figures might be a bit skewed here.... £15m for an aging and injury prone VDV is a bit optimistic. £40m is a massive transfer for Modric if you can pull it off (again)

For me though, doesn't the interest in Hazard look more likely to signal the sale of Bale ?

15. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's my theory.

16. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Given that Hazard plays on the right, no - it would signal the sale of Lennon, if anyone.

17. Wandering Yid

Hopefully it would signal the sale of Dos Santos

18. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

He's coming to QPR, it's obvious, yar all just blind <ok>

19. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

...and Bentley.

20. I love the way the United fans and certain Mousers are dismissing our link to Hazzard by saying that he was tricked by the news reporter into saying that he wants to join us in the Summer.
    <doh>

When will the Mousers, in particular realise, that exciting players like Hazzard look at our Spurs squad and all they see is the sheer beauty of the football that we play, and that they are desperate to be a part of that? Equally, do they realise that when players like Hazzard look at 'Pool, all they see is a donkey, a gob-****e in a klan outfit, and an aging fool-queen?

I cannot deny that I am bemused by it all.