1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Easter Six Pointers

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

12th Portsmouth Rotherham
    15th Wycombe v Plymouth
    16th Rotherham v Ipswich
    16th MK Sheff Wed
    18th Plymouth v Sunderland
    19th Oxford v MK
    19th Ipswich v Wigan

I know Ipswich 65pts are long shots and Portsmouth 60pts from 40 games are even longer but in this league you never know If any of them drop points they are out of it and you can add Oxford to that

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Depending on other results it could be us dropping out if we lose another 3 points. We already need Sunderland and/or Sheff to lose their game in hand so, if we don't beat Plymouth, we will need them to lose another game in hand. Effectively, we have 4 cup finals to come; 2 of them being Sheff and Plymouth. No more red cards or serious injuries please

3. Guywanderer

If we beat Plymouth I see us finishing above them

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's gonna be an interesting weekend for sure Guy. I don't think you can totally discount Oxford but it would take a huge swing of fortune for them to get in amongst it. So if you agree MK Dons are probably going to be at worst third and the top three have the automatics between them then the 4 play off places are between 5 clubs. MK Dons and Rotherham will fill one of them. We are left then with 4 clubs for 3 places. We play 2 of them so I suppose those would be 6 pointers in most people's book.

I keep saying this but I am not worried. Not because of any misplaced confidence that we will fill one of the three but because if we don't get into the play offs then we just plain don't and I'm not fussed. The season has been far better than I would have predicted before it started. We have topped the league for a while and won a lot of games with good football this term. The crowds have been very good and the atmosphere at Home Park as good as I remember it for a long time. A play off place would just be a bonus and a Wembley final a bigger one if it happened. Don't get me wrong I would take both in a heart beat but it won't end my world if we miss.

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  5. Guywanderer

I agree Greeny we have had our best 3 seasons in the Football league whatever the rest of the season holds in store for us but of course a large chunk of that the games were played behind closed doors so us fans missed out it would be great to go to a League One playoff game for our the first ever time and even more so to make the final

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was fantastic, and emotional, just watching on TV. Can't imagine what it would have been like if I had been there. Probably wouldn't be posting this <laugh>

7. Guywanderer

You heard it here first