1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Easing out of Lockdown

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, May 10, 2020.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

A bit of a waffly speach this evening by BJ with quite a bit of ambiguity, but looks as if I should be allowed to go fishing on Wednesday.
    Good old Boris, wont hear a bad word said against him.:emoticon-0105-wink:

The odd thing is, whilst Boris says I can travel to undertake outdoor sport from Wednesday, so can fish in england, I cant fish my club water on the Welsh Dee as Heddlu will stop me.

Remind me, which part of the UK is united?<doh>

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Fair point Remote. I expect more detail will come from government tomorrow.

Unfortunately our first minister, Mark Dickhead (did I spell that right?), is an absolute bloody shambles and shouldn't be allowed in public without a carer.

We are the United Kingdom and should all be adopting the same procedures. Never wanted bloody devolution in the first place. Total waste of time and money.

Statto and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

All I'm worried about is what freedoms we have lost in the process during this fanny fart of life

4. ccfcremotesupport

More detail may come Blue, but I'm not sure if it will bring more clarity.
    The interviews I've seen this morning suggest even the cabinet are inconsistent in their interpretation.
    Smacks of amateurism on their part and doesnt build confidence.
    Even if we the public interpret things differently, the policy makers should be on message.
    Could hurt our team if boris allows footy to resume and dickhead doesnt.

I seem to recal chester fc being unusual in that half their ground in in england and half in wales. How would that work.<doh>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  5. BluefromBridgend

Went to Chester once, late 60/early 70's for a Welsh Cup Final. Old ground, Sealand Road. Only used the Welsh half of the pitch. <whistle>

It was a very strange trip. Only 3 of us on the special train which had a bar. :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer: Bumped into Frankie and the Peg (probably only known to very old Bluebirds like Clingo and Masky) in the ground. Even BT who I didn't know then, wasn't there.The locals were frightened it would all kick off. Just 5 of us ffs. They had enjoyed a visit from Villa earlier in the season in a cup game and they had wrecked the place - not difficult.

We won1.0 with a cross come shot from Ronnie Bird which went in off the far post. Second leg was a very boring 0.0.

6. ccfcremotesupport

I must admit, the welsh minister keeping a tight rein.
    I never thought I say this as a proud welshman, but living in england, the English have granted me a deal of freedom.<laugh>

7. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

another thing with this stupid government, I live in France and I don't understand why leave the French in to Britain when most flights come from Paris and where is the virus most active,three go's at getting it right.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

People voted for this lot dude...... What more can you ask a bumbling toff to do than fk everything up.

what the morons want the morons get

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  9. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

The only time I have been to Chester is when I took my kids to the Zoo, which is actually very good.
    However I have never been to Chester's ground. The one time I was meant to go I overslept and missed the trip. I think we won 5 - 0 but I cant put my finger on the match date at the moment - it must have been the Welsh Cup - any one know?.
    I would also have you know I knew Frankie and Peg, although not personally, and whilst on a football special to Bristol once 'contributed' towards a fine that Frankie had apparently incurred at a previous match. I am not sure I could afford a pie and a pint at that game :emoticon-0133-wait:

10. ccfcremotesupport

Had family membership at chester zoo when my daughter was little. Great to be able to pop in for an hour or two. Its only 20-25 mins from me.
    Havent been for years.

11. BluefromBridgend

My memory is fading. Just checked we beat Chester 4.0 at home in the second leg of the final in 1970.

Never beaten them by anything like that score in a Welsh Cup Final but did beat them 6.0 in the FA Cup at home in November 1998.

They beat us 4.0 at their place, Deva Stadium by then, in March 1996. <doh>

Can't find records for Welsh cup earlier round games.

12. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I can get back onto the golf course:emoticon-0148-yes:

13. ccfcremotesupport

A short round on the Llanymynerch course. 15 holes in wales, 3 in england.<laugh>

BluefromBridgend likes this.