1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Early bird

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Jul 27, 2019.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Early bird prices are back.

gioblues and brb like this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Well - this is good news. I am so happy - even if I did part with my money 3 months ago (( for NO extra advantage ((( for ME ! ))) )
    Apparently we are " in this together " ............. you don't have to be a wizard at anagrams to know what I hope that this doesn't become

3. brb

brb CR250

Well there's a surprise <laugh>

4. alwaysright

Scally's hoping that one fan will take up the deal - so that he can use the money for a new striker

brb likes this.
  5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

I believe they are giving vouchers if paid more than early bird price in Gills shop

6. gioblues

If we don't get the 3000 will be hugely disappointing and really do we deserve a league 1 team. Over 250 k people living in Medway and only league team in Kent.

7. alwaysright

What I am about to say may upset a few people ------- honestly - it's not intended to be horrible !

gioblues - I think you may have missed my point -- or, at least, avoided it !

I applaud the measures taken by Mr. Scally, to bring down the price of season tickets to a reasonable level ( match day prices still ridiculous ! )
    I am happy that more fans will be able to afford to watch games - and that the air of renewed optimism has installed a sense of 'feel-good.'
    I haven't got any problem in ALL fans having the opportunity to pay an 'early bird' price for season tickets - and it's generous that Mr.Scally has offered to reimburse [the difference] the higher price paid by fans who bought a ST after the initial 'early bird' deal expired --- now here's the 'but'....

I have often complained that Mr.Scally has not properly appreciated, and treated 'loyal STHs' - It has been catalogued the contempt in which he has held STHs (( let's not drag up the issue - it only winds me up ! )).

I do not believe that fans of Gills ( or other teams ), are as loyal as they may claim - otherwise Priestfield would be full - regardless of results. I appreciate that times have changed - and there may be many factors for the desertion of so- called loyal fans. I also appreciate that some fans are loyal - despite not being able to attend games --- I am not talking about these people -- who have compelling reasons why they can't get to any /all games -- where purchasing a ST is not cost effective (( one reason why I am sad for them that match day prices are still too high)). I refer to the so-called 'loyal' fans who only come along when we're winning - or the chances of a win are perceived to be better (( such as with the current level of optimism )) -- like I said - I haven't got a problem if their ST, which they can buy this week, is the same price as mine - which I bought 3 months ago......

And what is my point -I have got nothing more for parting with my money 3 months ago, as I would get if buying my ST this week - hardly a reward for being a 'loyal' fan!....... let me put it another way

Let's say you get paid monthly - on the last day of the month - and you have worked EVERY day in the month - you'd expect to get a full month's pay -------- what would you say if a new employee (doing the EXACT same job), joined your company on the last day of the month - and got paid a FULL month's money ??? -------- I defy you NOT to feel cheated....... or being made to feel as if I had been treated as an idiot (( almost accepted if anyone is a Gills fan - loyal or not )).

8. gioblues

Sorry but makes no sense. Yes was told buy quickly to get best deal but in truth should have said buy before season starts for best deal. Likely they have not got the 3000 so had to try to promote deal now. They hopefully will make it otherwise making less than last season.

9. gioblues

10. gioblues

So no I don't feel cheated at all and am delighted that this has been extended. More bums on seats has to be a good thing. Yes match day tickets are little to much should be £22 at most

11. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I have no problem with the early bird prices returning, if I let that sort of thing worry me I would get wound up as I lost out anyway, the special price had no concessions so after 60 plus years of support a new supporter is getting a ST for the same price as this old codger.
    I can understand the concerns over the match day price, however with ST holders having free ticket vouchers and friends for a fiver, plus there are always other promotions during the season.

12. brb

brb CR250

Do they still do the free tickets and friends for a fiver in the book mate?

13. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think it showed it again this year, it was definitely in the last book.

brb likes this.
  14. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

grumpygit likes this.
  16. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Get in quick...................
    You know you want to.

brb likes this.
  17. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb likes this.
  18. alwaysright

gumpygit - are you on commission ? - or just getting a dinosaur rate ? ( save me one )

grumpygit and brb like this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

alwaysright likes this.
  20. alwaysright

Come on Mr. Scally, I dare you !
    OK - if we've had a 'spike' in ST sales - I suspect that people have a raised level of expectation regarding our fortunes for next week ( until May ) -- I wonder if Mr. Scally might take a chance on this --- and offer a deal for a ST for 2020/ 21, (available until the end of August ), with a price increase on this season of say 10% ?...................... This might test the confidence of so many people with renewed optimism -- let's face it, if we get promoted the early bird ST for 2020 / 21 will be a damned sight more than £300 (+ 30 )............... come on Mr. Scally, I dare you