1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

E-mail from Paolo

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by FTM1973, Jul 24, 2013.

1. FTM1973

FTM1973 Active Member

BARCLAYS ASIA TROPHY 2013

Dear Jonathan,

It was very good the way it came, the victory. To have come back from 1-0 down to win and create many chances – I'm very happy.

We are starting to have the identity I want to see. The pitch didn't help, but on that kind of pitch we did many good things.

In the future we will adjust and complete our process to become a team with a clear identity.

We now have a mix of footballers who can play in every situation, with different strategies, in a tactical way.

We can counter with Jozy up front who is a quality player. Giaccherini is at 30% [fitness] at the moment and is a fantastic footballer with intelligence and quality.

One-on-one, Johnson is one of the best players in the league on his day. Sessegnon, if he keeps working so hard like he has done, he showed tonight he can be a player when played between the two lines.

I enjoyed the way we started building up play from the back. I saw many good things, but we have not done anything yet.

Today we moved one big step forward, but the process to become a very good squad takes a bit longer.

If we think now that we are the best individuals and best squad, we will fall in a trap.

“f the players maintain their humble attitude in training we are going to have good satisfaction this season.

All the best,
    Paolo Di Canio

2. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Dear Sunderland fans,

It was very good the way it came, the victory. To have come back from 1-0 down to win and create many chances – I'm very happy.

We are starting to have the identity I want to see. The pitch didn't help, but on that kind of pitch we did many good things.

In the future we will adjust and complete our process to become a team with a clear identity.

We now have a mix of footballers who can play in every situation, with different strategies, in a tactical way.

We can counter with Jozy up front who is a quality player. Giaccherini is at 30% [fitness] at the moment and is a fantastic footballer with intelligence and quality.

One-on-one, Johnson is one of the best players in the league on his day. Sessegnon, if he keeps working so hard like he has done, he showed tonight he can be a player when played between the two lines.

I enjoyed the way we started building up play from the back. I saw many good things, but we have not done anything yet.

Today we moved one big step forward, but the process to become a very good squad takes a bit longer.

If we think now that we are the best individuals and best squad, we will fall in a trap.

“f the players maintain their humble attitude in training we are going to have good satisfaction this season.

All the best,
    Paolo Di Canio

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

it's the same interview he gave sky. Nice personal touch SAFC <doh>

4. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Haha! Our pr dept really is the pits

A bit on brown

&#8220;The club had a conservation with him, but with his strong character, he said &#8216;I feel a footballer, I want to stay here and prove it&#8217;,&#8221; said Di Canio today.

&#8220;Because I&#8217;m an intelligent manager, I didn&#8217;t have any preclusion to anyone doing that.

&#8220;He was the perfect professional to have in a squad and what a player, he hasn&#8217;t stopped for one minute in a training session.

&#8220;My pre-season is very tough, but he hasn&#8217;t had any problems.&#8221;

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

<laugh> Big Gun in disguise!

Glad Brown is looking strong. I must admit I thought his season would be over by now. Never been so happy to be proved wrong. :cool:

6. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

I got a postcard.

7. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

fixed