1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dwight Gayle

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Sammy's Silky Skills, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I like Mitro. I think he has the potential to be a good PL striker. Not 20-25 goals a year but a good 15 goals a year. First problem is he then needs someone up front with him also scoring 15 goals a year but that's not the Rafa way.

Second problem is that because of how he has and hasn't been played he tries to hard to impress when he is played and either will snatch at chances or be too physical and get booked/sent off. If you look at his record for Serbia it's not bad. That, in part, is because IMO he knows he's trusted and wanted and he can relax and play his normal game.

Third problem is that he probably really is a madman but then again that, in part, is what I like about him.

I would keep Mitro and sell Gayle but the sale being dependant upon getting someone better and not just selling. There is a Turkish player (name escapes me) we are supposed to be watching and who is currently scoring who sounds as though would be a good replacement but not sure of his style eg big front man a la MIitro or speedy little man a la Gayle. Joselu I would keep but he really, really shouldn't be a first team starter in the PL.

2. Blacker-than-Knight

Mitrovic is just another pants striker in a long line of duds, we seem to have some sort of magnet ability to buy crap strikers ever since we screwed up and got rid of Ferdinand. The hope is that Ashley sells up and we get an owner who will spend money on some quality players that can score at this level.

3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Well probably on roughly the same then, though I'd add retrospective ban into his stupidity.
    I rate Mitro but I rarely see him move without the ball, just can't see him chasing players like jos and Perez do.
    Even if he did, Rafa wants a harrying attacker and I dread to think how Mitro's tenacious tackling would go down.

4. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I genuinely think Mitro could do really well if he was 1st choice and knew it and got a good run of games without some disciplinary problems. You can see that when he's got his head on straight he can be quite a good finisher and he is definitely a handful.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

yep but he needs guidance. He comes too deep. He is our best option currently. Needs to show he deserves it though by cutting out all the bollocks. I'm not convinced he can. Workrate is not the problem, its discipline. Can be a useful option at PL level. I'd like better of course.

I can't fault Joselus effort. His finishing for a striker has been woeful though - people like to slate Mitro for that but Joselu is far less convincing

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  6. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

I still can't fathom why Mitro got himself that ban by elbowing the West Ham guy. Why did he do that? Was he trying to get sent off?
    Sorry, but I think he needs to leave.

Warmir Pouchov and RobEllious like this.
  7. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks a guy who says his celebration was to basically mock Rafa's mistrust, and then gets a retrospective ban, deserves to be back in the team, must be Mitro themselves