1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dung Beetle Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by chinacanary, Aug 31, 2019.

1. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Has it taken him this long to realise we have defensive injuries haha

2. Nigel Stephens

Nigel Stephens Active Member

Your comments underline the title of the thread. One day we will all overdose on it Zogean King, there is only so much anyone can take.

RiverEndRick and zogean_king like this.
  3. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Norwich v Arsenal (14:00 GMT)
    Not enough has been made of Norwich's defensive injury crisis, so it was a really good result at Everton the other week.

They will definitely go for Arsenal because they have a soft centre.

It was a disappointing result and performance for Arsenal in the Europa League and this game might be too soon to see a big change in performance.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

4. Nigel Stephens

Yeah, not a lot has been made of Norwich's injury crisis - BY YOU!

5. Bure budgie

Norwich v Sheff Utd (14:00 GMT)
    Sheffield United slipped up at home to Newcastle in midweek but they are still unbeaten away in the league, although they have drawn six of their seven games on the road.

I am going to go for another draw for them here, although I am not really convinced by Norwich.

The Canaries looked like they were turning a corner until they went to Southampton and lost on Wednesday, and they really need to start building some form at home soon.

6. Bure budgie

Leicester v Norwich
    Norwich are not bad going forward but they struggle at the other end and I don't think they will be looking forward to playing Leicester at the moment.
    The Foxes just keep on winning and their confidence must be sky-high.

They have now won eight league games in a row, and you have to fancy them to make it nine on Saturday.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Bit of egg on face for the dung beetle then.

Nigel Stephens and zogean_king like this.
  8. Bure budgie

Norwich v Wolves
    Wolves were beaten last week, for the first time since September, but anyone who watched their game against Tottenham will see that they did not deserve to be.

Norwich also played very well, and picked up a very good point, at Leicester.

People rave about the way they played in their win over Manchester City in September, but that display was up there too - the Canaries were well-drilled, and disciplined.

If they can repeat that performance, they can repeat that result - but I don't see Wolves losing two games on the bounce.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  9. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

A reasonable prediction, but much will depend on whether Godfrey can play.

10. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
    Like Villa, Norwich have issues at the back, and they also paid the price for failing to take their chances when they were 1-0 up against Wolves last time out.

I think Villa will pose the greater threat, but they cannot afford another slip up at home to a team below them

Prediction: 2-0

11. zogean_king

Come on Norwich prove the beetle wrong 0-2 to Norwich would do nicely

RiverEndRick likes this.
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Man Utd v Norwich
    Manchester United are lacking a lot at the moment, including intensity, invention and quality.
    You look at their midfield, and they do not frighten anyone.
    I know they are without Paul Pogba and Scott McTominay because of injury, but where is the drive going to come from? Where is the guile?
    United are too easy to play against. They have got some talented players up front but they cannot do anything if they are starved of service - you could have Bobby Charlton, George Best and Denis Law up there, but they cannot play without the ball.
    Defensively they are poor, and overall they look like a bang-average football team.
    Their problem is they will always be compared to the great United teams of the past, so they appear even worse.
    They should still have enough to beat the Premier League's bottom side at Old Trafford, though, especially because Norwich striker Teemu Pukki is an injury doubt.
    With him in the side, if Norwich can create chances then I would back him to score. Without him, I am not sure where the Canaries' goals are going to come from.
    So I am going with a United win. If they lose or draw this game, then I am not really sure where they would go next, or what the thinking would be behind the scenes.
    At the moment, I don't see them finishing in the top four and they would be relying on attracting players by big wages, not Champions League football.
    Right now, if you gave any player a choice between United, City and Liverpool, it would be a straight choice between the Premier League's top two for anyone who is ambitious and wants to win the big prizes.
    If you decide to go to United, you have gone for the money. You sometimes get a certain type of player and personality who will base their decision on that, and they are not the ones who will take your club back to the top.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-0
    Hugh's prediction: 0-8
    Matthew's prediction: 0-8

I'm hoping that Hugh or Matt are more on the money! Nice of the Dung beetle to mention us briefly during his United review!

Bah!

13. Nigel Stephens

United are a 'bang average team' ...................so 'I am going for a united win'
    Without Pukki not sure where the Norwich goals are going to come from. Pukki, this is the guy that was not going to score 10 in the premiership all season. FFS!

14. zogean_king

Yeah that's what I thought. Man Utd are rubbish and have injuries so they'll beat Norwich. The Beetle strikes again!

15. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

But surely a bang average team trumps our poor team? We are bottom for a reason afterall. Only through yellow tinted specks can antone really see anything other than a United home win. In fact looking at our record this season as a betting man, us not winning is a pretty sure thing.

He's still a dick of a dung beetle, but you can't blame him for predicting the obvious?

As for the Pukki bit, he's only on 9 so far so Dung B might yet be right! As for where the goals are coming from with out him, we can hope Todd once again has his shotting boots on because apart from him and teemu, no one has pulled up any trees.
    Lets just hope Idah can cut it with another giant leap in level.

Bah!

16. Bure budgie

Norwich v Bournemouth

I keep waiting for Bournemouth to turn things around, but it does not look like it is happening.

Norwich's form is not much better and they were well beaten by Manchester United last time out.

upload_2020-1-17_11-28-8.gif
    But this is a totally different game and task for them, and the Canaries players will have a totally different outlook - they need to win.

Bournemouth need to stop the rot too. I have never really thought before that they could get relegated but, looking at them now, they are in big trouble.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

17. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION v Saints
    Norwich are six points off safety but if they can treat the restart like the start of a season, and Teemu Pukki can find a burst of scoring form like he did in August and September, they have got a chance of staying up.

That is the optimistic way of looking at their situation. On the flip side, they are seriously short of fit defenders for the remainder of the campaign.

But what I think might help Norwich is what I noticed from Wednesday's games, when there was quite a lot of football being played. Things were not happening at 100 miles per hour like they normally would and the tackles were not flying in either.

Saints are still not safe themselves and they were on a poor run before football stopped because of the coronavirus pandemic, losing four out of five.

If they start badly, they could be dragged into the relegation battle.

Prediction: 2-1

18. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Clearly Lawro has seen the light

19. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION v Everton
    I watched Norwich's defeat by Southampton on Friday and you could have driven a horse and cart through some of the spaces in the Canaries' defence and midfield.
    Saints won 3-0 at Carrow Road but it could have been by a lot more.
    That didn't seem to be through lack of fitness or application by Norwich. Yes, they are missing a lot of defensive players, but they were just so open.
    In contrast, Everton were so well-disciplined and organised in their draw with Liverpool on Sunday. They should have too much nous for Norwich.

Prediction: 0-1

Thanks for that Lawro.
    When he predicts a win,we lose,so happy days

20. Bure budgie

Norwich v Man Utd (FA Cup quarter-final, 17:30 BST - live on the BBC)
    Norwich have lost both their league games at home since the restart without looking like scoring, and things seem pretty bleak for them at the bottom of the table. I can't see them staying up.

The Canaries knew at the start of the season that they were gambling when they chose not to spend big on new players after getting promoted. In a way it is has failed because they are not going to stay in the Premier League, but at least their finances will be in a better place when they do get relegated.

In a way, this is a free hit for them, and a chance to forget about that side of things - but this is a bad time for anyone to be playing United because they are flying.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2