1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dubravka

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Ah I see.

No seriously I do understand where you are coming from and it could have been a foul on another day.

But he could have done better is all I am saying.

2. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Back to Dubravka: should have done better for the goal but had made at least 3 excellent saves prior to that. All in all, an ok display but one that he should work on improving.

And I think it was a foul but I didn't think that till the third replay. Can't whinge too much. Those things happen. Still should have dealt with it.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  3. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

don't know what he could of done better to be honest, it was an easy catch to make, no need to punch it,
    you could also say that Lascells and Shar didn't challenge for the ball knowing it was an easy catch for the keeper

but it doesn't detract from the foul, he was clearly impeeded

sorry but still pissed off and got to get it out of my system
    as it is all to much of a habit now with these officials
    I believe that is about the 7th time where a match changing decision has gone against us this season:emoticon-0121-angry

mickeybnufc and Dorty Dogbreath like this.
  4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Well, that's what I do.

5. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Just watched it on Sky, definitely a foul, simple as. Wolves lad put both arms on his shoulders .
    What was Lascelles giving him grief for ? He needs to concentrate on his own game, been poor lately.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

It wasn't a foul

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  7. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Goalkeepers are too protected, I don't think it was a foul. Boly's momentum put him had him going into the keeper and if anything his arms stopped the keeper getting clattered. Dubravka should be catching it, and for me he has dropped yet another bollock.

Overall he is in credit, but if we do go down by a point or two, I'm afraid he has cost us in those moments.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

So we don't count anybody else's mistakes costing us points if we go down by a point or two ( or for Bisc "four", hope you're not a Maths teacher!!)

If we go down by a point or two then it's a collective responsibility for all involved with any additional credit going to Mikey.

9. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

T.

10. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

This exactly, I don't think you can give it clearly in real time as it all happens so quick with 4/5 bodies all within a square meter there but having looked it back it does look like a push in the keepers back.

Exactly what VAR will prevent when it comes in but I do worry every time a goal goes in we will end up sitting about for 1 or 2 minutes viewing replays because every player and manager is going to give the "TV review" sign when ever a goal goes in regardless.

11. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

For the Sunderland fans laughing at Dubravka's "mistake"

FACT - a total of 17 errors from goalkeepers cost Sunderland a goal and/or points last season. It cost them 31 points in total - 8 points would’ve kept them up

clip and marcusblackcat like this.
  12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

If this had been at the other end and disallowed you’d be complaining that there’s hardly any contact. Using the lists above, there should’ve been 15 penalties yesterday from corners (most to Wolves I may add as you only had one corner but there was impedance from wolves players on your forwards and vice versa at the other end)

It was poor keeping. He should’ve punched it. Trust me I know what is poor keeping... our keepers cost us over 30 points last season as they were rubbish! Dubravkahas made a few mistakes recently but that’s the joy of a keeper, one mistake normally equals a goal and you get labelled. Centre forward misses a sitter and it’s forgotten about in minutes yet potentially just as costly

13. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

the thing is we have had this at the other end and the ref did blow for a foul
    last season Mitrovic on 3 occasions

14. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I think Dubs is generally ok. However he is fast becoming “error prone”, is noticeably erratic on crosses and his distribution is shocking.

I think he can be coached to be better as much of what he does wrong is simple and he does some very difficult, reaction stuff very well - you can’t coach reactions, you either have it or you don’t.

On relfection a draw is the least wolves deserved. We were very sloppy playing longer balls and didn’t really create much, as usual. The left side in particular was all over the place. They had some absolute gilt edged chances they didn’t put away, so if the shoe was on the other foot I think most of us would feel justice was done in the equaliser. Some of the late play in defence was a factor in the draw as well, some shoddy defending at times, bit desperate, noticeably from Lejeune.

15. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

To be honest, I thought it was a foul. He had both hands on his shoulders, how can you jump? Not to mention Lacselles getting nudged in the back. I would have been pleased with a draw before the game, but that felt like a defeat.

No way should he be dropped, but I think we've got capable replacements. Nowt the matter with Darlow imo.

Onwards and upwards. No less than six points in our next two games. Get them and it's a big step to safety.

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  16. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Dubravka needs to learn to clean people out and punch a football.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  17. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Sorry, but a bit of a nonsense (although well intentioned) argument for two reasons.

Reason one, he is supposed to be one of the better players, so his mistakes mean more and cost more. Unless you are counting him as equally **** as the others, which flies in the face of previous posts. Not everyone in this team contributes evenly, so that argument is irrelevant. This forum is testament to the fact some players get more stick than others due to their supposed quality(see Kenedy, Shelvey etc). That bullshit "everyone being equally responsible" crack unavoidably makes you a hypocrite. It's what the coach tells the media at the end of a game, it is a falsehood though.

Additionally, mistakes from other players don't always lead to goals or loss of points. As the goalkeeper can't contribute much to scoring goals like the other players can, and as his mistakes virtually always lead to goals, his contribution is solely weighed to stopping them and it is accepted that a good goalkeeper saves you points rather than costing them.

He has actually cost us more than four points this season, Rashford, Son and Boly errors being the most memorable because they're recent. He should still be in credit, and is a good goalie, but he has a tremendous weakness which teams are exploiting now.

18. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Either

Beelin

Or

Wumming

Or

Garbage.

Have the feel it’s wumming as even you can’t seriously believe the stuff you’ve written. Bit of advice from an “Oldie”, when in a hole stop digging. If I thought you were serious I’d respond but you’re not that daft to believe what you have written.

19. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

A goalie with poor distribution, susceptible to shots hit at him and crosses.

I’m no expert but that’s not an awesome mix.

20. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

But that wasn’t the point being made.