1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The Tories have always had some depth in their squad but are now filling the bench with trialists and, in the case of Truss, loanees ...

... previously loaned out to the Liberals and Remainers but 'true blue Brexiteer' badge kisser when it suits her.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  2. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

The chief clown has left the circus :emoticon-0101-sadsm but I am sure the up and coming jokers will provide us with some Keystone Cop calamaties of their own to keep us entertained in future <laugh>

3. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

His legacy with the NHS is unbelievable

4. Smug in Boots

The NHS is absolutely crippled yet he continually boasts about the billions he's given it ...

... In fact I can't see anything he's actually improved.

C Montgomery Burns likes this.
  5. Blond Bombshell

All talk and nee action

6. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I may have said this before, apologies if so.

Politicians often boast how much they give to the NHS, Education etc.

An analogy could be a family need £100 pw to live, if they only have £50pw, a politician might brag about giving a huge 10% increase. However it still is under what is needed!

The NHS management know how many people will have cancer, need heart ops, replacement knee and hips etc. etc.
    It is then not rocket science to work out how hospitals and staffing is required. We are way below the level required. This is not surprising as compared to most other advanced Western countries we spend less per head on health than they do.
    Mind the USA is odd, huge amounts of money are spent on health, but only for the wealthy/insured part of the population.

The years of austerity are now being made manifest.
    The police, have had to become good at handling mental health cases, as the people who used to take care of them no longer exist.

in education schools that used to take in pupils who for a variety reasons were not suited for mainstream schools have by and large been closed. There is a possibility that heads may not be able to exclude pupils for any reason. Which is not good for anyone.

Still rich Rishi or gormless Liz will sort it out.

Even before the pandemic the 12 years of austerity was bringing the NHS to its knees. The winter capacity issues were lasting longer and longer.

C19RK73, Blond Bombshell and DH4 like this.
  7. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Current state of the Tories is like ****ting your pants and putting on a new T shirt

8. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

They have been in power 30 of the last 40 years now, but it is all Jeremy Corbyn's fault iirc <laugh>

Blond Bombshell and Sunderpitt like this.
  9. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

It takes some doing to have the NHS short of 12,000 doctors and 50,000 nurses at the same time but the Tories have "managed" it <laugh>

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  10. Blond Bombshell

11. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

Might I interupt with an observation?

The NHS is a bottomless pit when in comes to CASH.

Apart from high staffing costs, new and ever more complex machines continue to be developed and continue to cost eye watering amounts.

WE, The Public, continue to expect that the Medical Proffession be omnipotent.
    I imagine that this puts enormous extra pressure on the medical staff.

Any Politition who claims to have an answer to to these problems is lying.
    ALL Opposition Parties make this claim, but as recent history shows, they fail when they are called upon to fulfill their promise.

We, The Public, claim to value The NHS above all other Public Services, but so far no one has been brave enough to put a figure on what bringing this top heavy Mega organisation, up to the standard we claim to want, or even need.

Can you imagine what would happen to ANY Political Party that went into a General Election with the slogan, 'We Will double your Taxes to Cure The NHS'.

But to pretend that The NHS can be fixed at no extra cost is, in my view, unrealistic.
    When you ask for a better NHS, please explain how YOU would fund the improvement.

Makemstine Roger, Saf and rooch 3 like this.
  12. Smug in Boots

'We've no staff but let's build a Nightingale Hospital to store all the useless PPE that we can burn when no one is looking' <doh>

Blond Bombshell and DH4 like this.
  13. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

20220726_140824.jpg

TopClub and Blond Bombshell like this.
  14. Blond Bombshell

Liar, the liar said he's funded the NHS to the highest ever and he's proud of his legacy

15. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Remember that Labour politicians don't tell lies, mind, and neither do the Lib Dems (or whatever they're called these days), so when we next get the chance remember to vote for those that tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth :emoticon-0148-yes:

We've got no chance, have we :cheesy:

16. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

This is Boris Johnson's legacy, demeaning democracy.

17. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

None of us have any idea of what's in the Governments coffers and how they allocate funds, so we couldn't possibly state how we would fund it. Just as you can't state that it can't be funded within current budgets. No government should get a free pass on the NHS, just because they don't have the answer or in your opinion, aren't brave enough to give us an answer - especially when they lie about the situation.

The £4bn that they wasted on PPE by giving their mates contracts instead of professionals might have been useful for the NHS though. The £11bn that Sunak cost us by paying too much interest on servicing our debt would have helped too.

So without even looking too deep into it, we could have had a £15bn additional fund for the NHS that this government lost through incompetence. I'll take my chances with the opposition.

Blond Bombshell, TopClub and DH4 like this.
  18. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Must of slipped your mind Gordon Brown selling 400 tons of our gold reserves at $215 ounce and then they peaked at$1,900 ounce but I suppose that doesn’t matter with it being Labour.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  19. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to me because it's 20 years ago and Brown has been out of power for 12 years (and I never voted for him).

How does it have relevance to our current situation?

20. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Touche :emoticon-0137-clapp