1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Throughout everything. Family law, property law, business. Anyone would think we’d designed a system to keep the wealthy wealthy and the poor in their place. The only thing I do think - more than ever now - the rule of law really matters. I don’t think people fully get it. It’s there to protect us from governments like this - who protect us from governments who think they can act outside of it. I’m sure the good law project are seen as a nuisance and the establishment- this and the next lot- will find ways to undermine it, but when the incumbents think they are above civil law, human rights, business practices, equality - the threat of this is what limits their abuse of power
    https://worldjusticeproject.org/about-us/overview/what-rule-law

TopClub and DH4 like this.
  2. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Lawyers still take on clients that are blatantly taking the piss and I am paying for them. Sorry, but it needs a overhaul.

gelders pie likes this.
  3. Pure River Slut

It’s a really difficult one. I like you despise paying the lawyers and as I work in and around the justice system I often also despise the lawyers themselves - pompous money grabbing tossers with expensive tastes and superiority complexes. On the same score I also know that those in court are quite often care leavers, those with special educational needs and people who’ve suffered abuse and would be eaten up by the system and they need the support of someone who understands. If we can have PCSO’s doing police jobs and make nurses do doctors roles for cheaper maybe we should look at a cheaper version for the legal system.

rooch 3 likes this.
  4. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I’m not concerned to much about it being cheaper, just honest.

samwise_new likes this.
  5. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

The bottom line is still that somebody whether it be Tory or Labour have got to make a strong,unpopular hard line decision on this issue, no diplomatic talks will deter these criminals, if we are the only country to attempt to stop it then of course it will be seen as extreme and controversial but sadly in my opinion this is the course of action we have to take unfortunately

6. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Is it surprising that Bonko is delaying the Inquiry into Covid19 handling?

It was supposed to start in spring...
    Perhaps after nearly 200,000 dead a judicial censure on releasing patients from hospitals into care homes, slow into lockdowns, billions spent on useless PPE etc.
    Dispite the phase used by Bonko and Co on how well they did in the pandemic, an investigation will reveal how poorly they did.

Ps Brexit had not been "done' either

7. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Kicking the can down the road until he evetually reluctantly admits his failings, whilst telling us it is time to "move on". Bonko is a creature of habit <laugh>

8. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

another enquiry, to what outcome?

yes they messed up, yes they could and should have done better...then off they go to the next well paid job without a care, no one can tell me that these leeches are accountable to law because if they were AND the law stuck to it's own principles they would be dealt with accordingly but when was the last time any PM ended with any kind of sentence?

(by sentence i mean a punishment to fit the crime.)

9. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Boris can barely string one together <laugh>

10. Pure River Slut

Are you talking about people who organise migration ? It starts generally with an internal or external war, then traffickers on the borders of each country. It isn’t just us there are more who go to more countries. We’re third bottom in Europe despite the narrative. I’d say negotiation with other countries is everything and still you’d get some. More human rights, less economic hardship (aid) and famine and less wars in countries of origin and cooperation in policing across Europe. Because we are xenophobic even agains Europeans and have left the cooperative body and it’s agreements they bollocks to them the idiots. It’s their problem. We respond by breaching human rights like the arseholes we are. But aye we have to be patriotic. I’ll be proud when we stop electing arseholes.

safc-noggieland, TopClub and vic9 like this.

11. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

Good points marra,but the more we ignore the situation, the more likely the likes of Farage and the likes will re-enter the stage and unfortunately a more extreme ground swell of opinions will develop

12. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

How exactly does it deter criminals?

13. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

Until it’s employed we’ll never know I suppose

14. Smug in Boots

The problem is getting worse and worse isn't it.

Patel sabre rattling about sending in Navy gunboats and Johnson boasting about sending thousands to Rwanda is what you'd expect from Putin.

The only thing they seem incapable of doing is talking and negotiating.

Brexit was only ever going to make things worse because immigrants know the UK is making it harder to come here, even for the manual workers were lacking like baggage handlers to keep airlines working. So their best option is to sneak in, which isn't difficult tbh.

And the French no longer feel obliged to cooperate so want to make it easier to dump refugees on us. The 'solutions' we're proposing are great for appeasing those enraged by the Dover dinghies but ffs, it's the busiest shipping lane in the world. How on earth does anyone believe we can chase around after tiny unstable rubber boats and physically force them back to shore. I've had boats and I can tell you now it's absolutely impossible.

Shouting is never a better option than talking.

15. Flash Gordon

It costs half a million quid for every plane we send there, not to mention how much we're paying Rwanda to take them, plus all the legal costs involved and we don't know if it will be a deterrent and we can't explain how it will be a deterrent?

DH4 and Pure River Slut like this.
  16. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

That’s the BIG question marra, we don’t know

Smug in Boots likes this.
  17. Smug in Boots

Amazing that hundreds of families have their flights cancelled but these aren't affected ...

.... thinking about it though, they don't need baggage handlers because they'll be dropped off with nothing.

DH4 and Flash Gordon like this.
  18. Flash Gordon

Just my opinion but it's not really acceptable to spend millions of pounds and send people who need help to a country with big human rights issues when we have no idea if or how it will work.

19. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

Need to change your news channel marra,we have officially left the European Union

20. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Really... tell that to Northern Ireland
    (Ps I voted leave), still waiting for VAT off energy bills

DH4 and vic9 like this.