1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

in most companies now you have owners/managers who have no clue about the business, they have the money (or the backing/background) to enable them to get the loans needed or the cash to buy struggling business'...ALL they care about is money and making as much as they can in as short a time as they can, the obvious downside is they have to employ people who know something about the place in order to keep it ticking over plus the inevitable P.A. to basically do their own job for them, all they do themselves is storm in and cut the whole thing to the bone so that it shows some kind of profit.

often this has meant a 'new company' taking over an existing one and either sacking/re-hiring the workers at a lower wage or offering the workers a pay cut to stay or the sack, meanwhile the new owner(s) will immediately stick CEO/ MD at the end of thier name and give themselves a 6 figure salary, sometimes they will bring modern machinery into play which always means people will get paid off, in reality, the company could put all workers on less hours but pay them the same of course that would mean the owner does not manage to get more profit...and there lies the root of almost all problems these days, money is placed above and beyond everything else, no one with money cares if they leave someone else without money, and the same is true with the government as they are more than 'alright' with their lot while we are just 'the workers' who are only useful while we can actually contribute to them getting more money.

they would sacrifice us all to a war if it meant they survived and they could cash in at the end.

2. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

The union leader said the same

rooch 3 likes this.
  3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I wrote that because I hadn’t heard anybody actually say it <ok>

4. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

5. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Tories love a rich Russian don't they?

6. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The threat of Rwanda is keeping the numbers down to under 1000 a week ...

... at this rate Boris will need to build Nightingale courtrooms to process them all <laugh>

'Five small boats with 231 migrants on board crossed the English Channel on Friday, the Ministry of Defence says.'

7. Pure River Slut

How can they or anyone be stupid enough to think that a strong partnership with EU countries would do less for migration than the Rwanda hateful gimmick.

8. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Please let them keep this Rwanda charade going. The comedy value alone is worth the vast sums of money they are wasting. Spitting Image writers must be doffing their caps to Boris and his chums, as they could never have dreamt up anything as outrageously bizarre as this. It is hilarious <laugh>

9. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

It is amazing that high tories like Prince Charles and the Archbishop of Canterbury criticise the Rwanda policy...

10. Smug in Boots

Heaven knows how much each court case is costing ...

... I wonder who's paying and who's taking the money <doh>

11. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

To be fair marra, can’t judge the policy until it passes the friggin European court of HR

12. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Boris is not bound by mere rules.....As his Eton headmaster said on his school report " I think he honestly believes it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the networks of obligation which binds everyone else". He is now talking about changing election rules because of "tactical voting" at the recent by election thrashings. Supreme narcissist in theTrump mould.

13. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Unbelievable Jeff

14. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

Once again, they cry about tactical voting. I recall before the last election, the accusations were of tactical voting with Lib Dems and Labour secretly planning a "pact" with SNP. In the last decade the Tories have used both DUP and Lib Dems to prop up their governments. They have a nerve to even suggest that anyone else would be "subverting democracy" by doing so.

I also think they've conveniently left out the part the public played in this. They've made it out to be a Lib Dem/Labour deal as if the public were duped. The public knew exactly what they were doing. It's the public leading the anti-Conservative vote.

15. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220626-084127.png The King of the swingers is Alex <laugh>

16. Smug in Boots

TBF they're in place to stop individual countries becoming mini-dictatorships as France would under Le Pen.

We already have a prototype at SJP <laugh>

C Montgomery Burns likes this.
  17. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

Fair point, but still wrong to over rule our Supreme Court which in away is making it look irrelevant

18. Smug in Boots

I wouldn't say it's wrong tbh providing they don't interfere if the issue is solely national.

I'm always wary of them but, without this judgement, there'd be plane loads of refugees being shipped out to Africa.

I've no idea how Vietnamese people will adapt to that climate, language or diseases but it's a concern. I recall how the inhabitants of some of our Commonwealth islands were decimated because they had no immunity to the diseases our sailors carried.

DH4 likes this.
  19. Pure River Slut

I for one am grateful that in the context of elected a leader who has called gays bum boys, said black people have lower intellect and are picaninnies, has a history of disrespectful behaviour towards women and who’s language triggered off hate crime against Muslim women and will do anything for power, we are being overseen by the European court of human rights. We are also European, we are in Europe. Why we think humans should have less rights in Britain Im not sure and we all benefit from having them. I’d say we need to be more afraid of losing them instead of thinking we are doing a good thing.

C Montgomery Burns, TopClub and DH4 like this.
  20. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on nearly all that especially about not losing them, but I do believe they could do with a complete overhaul to stop lawyers taking the piss.

gelders pie likes this.