1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Don't worry

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by koskikabow, Oct 31, 2016.

1. koskikabow

koskikabow Active Member

from what I saw of you tonight you will be in the Prem. next season. :emoticon-0100-smile

swanseaandproud likes this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Easy for you to say that! But!!!

Bobcat Bawb is our Remi Garde.

There is no new manager 'bounce'. There is no magic wand to be waved. He's not good enough. The players aren't good enough. The board aren't good enough. We have two rookie centre backs learning their trade in the most fiercely competitive league in the world. Utter insanity. You cannot sell Ashley Williams and then not replace him. We have two right backs, and the best one we have, his legs have gone.

We have 4 central midfield players, the best of which is 34 and on his last legs and didn't play tonight. We have four wingers, none of them can cross or shoot properly. All are erratic, inconsistent. We have two strikers, one a rookie who looks vastly overpriced, the other is winding his career down slowly. It's an absolute embarrassment.

Huw Jenkins should resign, it's all been on his watch. He's completely destroyed his own legacy. His decision making since February 2014 has been catastrophic. Thank God Sunderland are somehow worse than us. - garythenotrashcougar/Guardian

3. DragonPhilljack

confidence crisis? Are you serious Bob? How about the manager hasn't a clue what he is doing? If your going to play Taylor, Ki, Fer, and Routs, then you deserve all you get, No Jack would have selected Taylor over Kingsley. I knew when I saw the team sheet that Joe and Bony would have a field day, and so it proved to be, seems the whole of Swansea know the best players except you and Curtis!!..............<ok>

4. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

My son pointed this out - our pattern has been remarkably similar to Villa's last season, including the selling of the spine of our team. I think he's right.

5. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Changing the back four of Rangel Amat VdHoorn Naughton was a mistake.They had just started to settle and were a good blend. Three games and three very different selections!
    I'm afraid it is all too much for Bradley and it was always going to be. Tonight the team looked beaten before the kick off. Bob is reminding me of Monk .. talks the talk but ...
    I notice the pro-Bob American posters on various forums and US news reports have been noticeable in their absence. Hs reality struck?
    I'm convinced we will stay up, but if we keep Bradley it will, in the words of the guru, be in spite of the manager not because of him.
    Night night.

6. Kifflom!

I think factionalisation isn't helpful and leads to arguments. There were no 'Pro Bob' posters on this forum as such, just those with a justifiable desire to get behind the new manager - whoever he was. I see nothing wrong in that. Everyone deserves a chance.

7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

The thing that surprised me with Kingsley is that he wasn't even on the bench - he was playing for the under 23's....bit of a head scratcher that.

8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I have been saying all along that we were turning into villa even down to American owners, getting rid of a poor manager and employing a worse one and as you say getting rid of good players and not properly replacing them.

Kifflom! and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  9. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

And Villa won their first game of the season away from home......
    Spooky

10. Kifflom!

Ouch. It doesn't get better does it? 'History Repeating' indeed.

11. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Yep, he's been given a chance but is making it very hard to make any justifiable claim to being competent.

12. Kifflom!

I agree he's done little to inspire confidence so far from what we've seen but let's see how we go. We are only just into November and he's been here only a short time. However, he has to turn this ship around because last night it looked like the Titanic.

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I love you

14. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

... against a newly promoted team.... <yikes>

15. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

No more.....I can't take it........

DragonPhilljack and Kifflom! like this.
  16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not going to right off Bob after just 3 games as there has been plenty of new managers that have lost their first few games trying out players to see what they are about ..so im not worried about the early stages as there have been some improvements and some not so good. Bob now must have a good idea on his best side and will know exactly who works together and who dont..... I know it's hard and very frustrated but we must be patient and let Bob do things his way in these early stages and once he knows his best team im sure we will start winning again. Bob is not the first and wont be the last manager Who will struggle to find their feet as he looks for his best side...I will give him a few more games yet before calling for his head as we dont want to keep changing managers every 5 minutes as that is a sure way to relegation....KTF for a little longer than just 3 games........

Stereo, Kifflom! and seabreeze like this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

Bob is way out of his depth, but more than that he is clueless! Much like the crap we have in our boardroom.

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I don't think we know whether BB will be any good for us or not, he hasn't had enough games for us to judge.

He is shaking things up right now in his search for his best team and although we haven't had results that's been good to see.

He's addressed our suicide defence and, whether by design or desperation, there has been improvements there. BB gave VDH and Mawson a chance and they've shown themselves to be our best pairing at centre back, so well done BB.

We know Kingsley's an upgrade at left back so he has to be given the spot. Naughton has improved although he still falls asleep. There's a good player in there, but he needs a boot up the arse.

If Cork and Britton don't play we're wide open in midfield and so they must play as much as possible. Ki and Fer are NOT the answer there, we knew that before BB but I suppose he had to try. Now he knows too? I have been impressed with Ki lately, he's tried hard to get out of his funk and deserves credit. He'll continue to improve with games because he is a good player, if he does then he could become BB's man in the same way Fer was Guidolins. He'll have to continuing improving before he comes close to being mine though.

In attack we're a one trick pony, if Barrow, or whoever is on the right, has a bad game then we become as flat as a cow pat up front. BB has to get hold of our attack and spread it out down both flanks and the middle just to keep defences guessing. Right now they know exactly what we're trying do so its easier for them to snuff us out.

There have been green shoots but we do need see points soon.

Can't wait for January when all will be revealed, imo. After the Jan transfer window we'll know everything, we'll know what our club has become and what it means to our new owners.

If they truly want success then we'll see some signings, a couple of decent midfielders and a right back at least, if they here for the money then we'll see nothing, but at least we'll know.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  19. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Improvements in our defence? He has made a few changes and given Mawson a chance, but we've still conceded 6 in our last two away games.