1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Don't tickle us!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daib0, Jul 9, 2015.

1. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Made by a Blackpool matey, with the caption:

"Sorry Daib0, just for you mate :D

please log in to view this image

Looking for protection this time!

Seriously though, really look forward to the games together this season, always good chat from seasons back...

best of luck guys, and back soon for the new "Inter-Forum Premier League Positions Game"

2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I presume that is Barton? Seems to have a thing for the crown jewels. Hull game too. Probably others.
    Good luck to you too with the usual exception.

3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

They can always wear a cricketer's box!...:grin:

4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Does anyone know if Joey has found a new club yet?

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

D, joey could end up at Reading!<yikes>
    Should have some good banter with Reading this year.
    Anton Ferdinand plays at Reading :emoticon-0136-giggl
    Jamie Mackie did well at Reading last season, now at QPR, then makes those comments about Reading :emoticon-0104-surpr
    The Kit is a real kick in the teeth this year :emoticon-0184-tmi:
    McCarthy left Reading for Rangers :emoticon-0110-tongu
    You have new owners and we have TF <doh>

Will be interesting

6. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

"Anton Ferdinand plays at Reading" That's an exageration! He gets paid by Reading, but has only played twice, and one of those was only for the first half!

"You have new owners and we have TF" - just put up a thread on the Reading board, long overdue by my part:
    Reading FC in Thailand
    http://www.not606.com/threads/reading-fc-in-thailand.305470

Here's our scene right now:
    Following the conclusion of the 2014–15 season, Reading announced that they would not be renewing the contracts of Daniel Lincoln, Jonathan Henly, Aleksandar Gogic, Zat Knight, Jure Travner, George McLennan, Danny Guthrie, Ryan Edwards and Yakubu.

whilst Adam Federici, Alex Pearce, and Jem Karacan have signed elsewhere ...

Reading have confirmed the signing of Orlando Sá on a three-year deal from Legia Warsaw.
    Stephen Quinn has signed a three-year deal from Hull City
    Paul McShane followed Quinn in signing for Reading from Hull City on another three-year deal.
    Youngster Jake Sheppard signed his first professional contract with Reading, keeping him at the club until 2017.
    Goalkeeper Jonathan Bond joined Reading on 4 July, for a reported £250,000 from Watford, signing a three-year deal.
    Still looking for one or two more strikers coming in ...
    We've also signed up EIGHT up the under 21s/Academy set-up

Optimism on the most part

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well you seem in better shape than last season although i only saw you a couple of times on TV (Forest/Bournemouth) i think?

I wish i could say about us but at present i just cannot call it.
    Players
    We have got in JET from Bristol City the 2 from Swindon and Mackie (i may have missed out one). Mackie although a fans favourite lacks quality but his passion was something we missed last season.
    We seemed to have got rid of the bad eggs and wasters which will save the club millions in wages.
    Not sure what will happen to Austin/Fer/Philips but if we keep them we will do well.
    Gutted to see Barton go as he was the engine last season but i think the club want to change their image which has been embarrassing of late.

Manager
    Not sure about our manager Ramsey. He is a great coach and people in football respect his vision but for me the Championship is a different animal and playing nice football doesn't always get you promoted. However at least we won away games under him unlike Redknapp.

Redknapp, don't get me started on that muppet. Lucky to get promoted last year and wasted more money than Greece on rubbish, past their sell by date players. We should never have gone down with the money he had been given. The bloke was a dinosaur and waited until the day after transfer deadline to walk out, basically stitching us up. With a bit of luck he will never get another job in football.

Chairman
    We needed this relegation to bring us back down to earth as the club has been run like "the muppet show" for too long under Tony Fernandes. His heart is in the right place but his football business brain isn't. He has taken a back seat and Ruban is running the ship now and it will be a tight run ship. We have all the right people in charge we just have to get the team sorted. We still have the FFP thing hanging around but the club feel confident about it. TBH i have read up on a few bits and cannot see how they can fine us but i am sure we will get a slap on the wrists and pay a small fine. once again the press have blown it up like they did with 'Faurlingate' although i except the usual "lets hope QPR get demoted to the conference" crap from uneducated posters who know nothing about it.