1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Don't mention the name Ehab Allam to Alex Bruce...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Baldrick's Cunning Plan, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

2004–2005 Blackburn Rovers 0 (0)
    2004–2005Oldham Athletic (loan) 6 (0)
    2005–2006 Birmingham City 6 (0)
    2005Oldham Athletic (loan) 6 (0)
    2005Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 6 (0)
    2005Tranmere Rovers (loan) 11 (0)
    2006–2010 Ipswich Town 115 (2)
    2010Leicester City (loan) 3 (0)
    2010–2012 Leeds United 29 (1)
    2011Huddersfield Town (loan) 3 (0)
    2012–2017 Hull City 85 (1)
    2017Wigan Athletic (loan) 2 (0)
    2017 Bury 2 (1)
    2017–2019 Wigan Athletic 6 (1)
    2019–2020 Kilmarnock

Initially signed on a two year contract in 2012.

In 2014, "Dad,Dad, why are the fans singing, City till I die?"
    Well son, "I am a traditionalist. [But] the money our guys put into Hull City, if he wants us to play in pink and wants to call us something else, then he's entitled to do it."
    Bruce Junior offered a three year contract the same year.

2016 Bruce Senior walks out three weeks before the start of the season. From a 2018 interview,

“It was fairly evident that (Ehab) wanted to run the club his way,” Bruce explained. “I know he said recently in a radio interview that I wanted to leave in February (2016) and that was because what had gone on in January had disturbed me that much.

“I just said ‘Whatever happens, prepare yourself’ because I made it clear that if it carried on as it was he would need to find himself a new manager. I didn’t want to go with a few months of the season left because I didn’t think that was right for the club.

He talked of leaving in February, gave it five months consideration, and left Phelan to pick up the pieces of what is now the infamous team photograph.

Anyway back to Junior. He never did play for us again once Dad had left, and was loaned to Wigan in 2017. He was injured when his contract came up for renewal. The writing had been, not so much on a contract, as on the wall, for a full 12 months. Did he really think he was going to be offered a contract extension? And after what had gone on between his old man and the club, he expected a phone call? From the Allams? C'mon, yes, it makes good click bait in the fail, but seriously, is anybody at all surprised?

As I posted earlier, he had the best time of his footballing career here, playing time marginally less than his time at Ipswich, but financially very well rewarded.

2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

So sad.

3. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Despite Alex been Steve’s son, i thought he did enough to be worthy of place in the team or squad. He maybe did well financially but so did Jimmy Bullard and loads more. Alex wanted to be here and always put 100% in. He came here knowing the pressure would be on him because his dad was manager but he didn’t shirk that challenge and didn’t deserve to be treated the way he was. Had he stayed and as we have fallen downwards we’d have put him first name on the team sheet and I’d have no problem making him captain.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

He talked of leaving in February, gave it five months consideration, and left Phelan to pick up the pieces of what is now the infamous team photograph.

<laugh><laugh>
    silly ****
    He got us up in those five months. Not some easy expectation.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  5. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Long reply but he should still have been told first hand that his time was up, that's the point he was making.

6. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Regardless of who his dad was and what had occurred between Ehab and Bruce Snr., Alex deserved to be treated with respect.
    That's why Ehab gets no respect from me.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

You need to chuck some curry sauce on top to appreciate it proper.

8. UMC

UMC Active Member

I agree he was treated shabbily by not telling him h3 was not going to be extended but no mention like the rest of us who only receive 13 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay then SSP. City paid him in full all the time he was not contributing anything. What he was receiving a week was more than most of us were getting a month or a couple of months. I liked him as a player but we all get treated shabbily by our employer yet we just have to accept it

9. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I get full whack for as long as, Just because he’s capable of negotiating a better contract than you doesn’t mean he should be treated as he was.

The Allams (****s) were obliged to pay his salary whilst he was injured because they agreed to when they signed the contract.

If you believe he should be treated shabbily by Assam (****) & Ehab (****) Allam (****s) because they were having to fulfil their legal responsibilities then I’d suggest looking at changing your name to Allam (****s)

He was “contributing nothing” because he was injured, at work, contributing everything.

****s

10. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

10000% agree

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.

11. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think that 13 weeks full pay,followed by 13 weeks half pay constitutes being 'treated shabbily'? There are millions of employees up and down the Country who would give their left knacker to work under those conditions.The vast majority of people are on SSP and even at that they lose the first 3 days,then progress on to £95.85 per week.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Dont remember the likes of Joe Hart blaming Sheik Mansour for being shipped out - he pointed the finger at Pep Guardiola - domt suppose Sheik Mansour even talked to him about it- in fact I cant remember any other player pointing the finger at the owner, its always the manager - do owners really go around every player on the books keeping in touch with them and letting them know about their contract - i suspect they leave it to the manager - just like every other company in the world - he should be more pissed off with his dad for not taking him with him as he would have been guaranteed of a game for the last few years - as it is he's been sat on the bench most of that time at Wigan and Kilmarnock and only started a hand full of games - blame your dad mate, not the bloke your dad fell out with

Asterix and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  13. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I know one thing , you can't compare footballers and their wages to 'normal' people

Asterix likes this.